• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
in the video I watched best man said the kill time was longer than the DMR or carbine.

Carbine
18 shots per clip
7 shots to kill
2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 4 shots [4 shots being 4/7ths of a kill] ~2.57142857 kills)
42 frames per kill
1.4 seconds to kill (exact)

DMR
15 shots per clip
5 shots to kill
3 kills per clip (max) (3 exactly)
44 frames per kill
1.46 (repeating 6) seconds to kill

BR
12 shots per clip (36 bullets)
5 shots to kill
2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 2 shots [2 shots being 2/5ths of a kill] = 2.4 kills)
55 frames per kill
1.83 (repeating 3) seconds to kill

I'd be cool with a five shot as long as its peak kill time was that of a traditional four shot Halo weapon. I recall someone breaking down the frames from the MLG footage coming to the conclusion that it was about the same as the H3BR.

I may be misremembering.

I appreciate you can make the kill times the same regardless of shots to kill but throw a player a bone. We're now in a Halo environment in which not only are we punished more for missing our shots but sprint is a default ability so opponents can feel two shots hit them then bail around a corner. They've mitigated some of Reach's problems by ditching bloom and slowing sprint users when shot but it'll still frustrate.

Seriously go and play a few games of Arena where people actually try and see how many kills you get as an individual. Players stick to walls and escape routes and sprint away while strongsiding. You spend the entire match calling out one shots.

Trey

Carbine
18 shots per clip
7 shots to kill
2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 4 shots [4 shots being 4/7ths of a kill] ~2.57142857 kills)
42 frames per kill

DMR
15 shots per clip
5 shots to kill
44 frames per kill

BR
5 shots to kill
2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 2 shots [2 shots being 2/5ths of a kill] = 2.4 kills)
55 frames per kill

Dat Cortana Web

Only 2 new vehicles? This is pretty disappointing

Yeah, 2 new vehicles and 10 new weapons according to expertzone, which Im going to assume is accurate. Both numbers feel pretty low IMO, especially with the addition of the Prometheans in the mix, but the vehicles things is especially disappointing.

Carbine
18 shots per clip
7 shots to kill
42 frames per kill

DMR
15 shots per clip
5 shots to kill
44 frames per kill

BR
5 shots to kill
55 frames per kill

I hope the BR sees an increase in power.

Carbine
18 shots per clip
7 shots to kill
42 frames per kill

DMR
15 shots per clip
5 shots to kill
44 frames per kill

BR
5 shots to kill
55 frames per kill

so much for using the BR as my starting weapon

Tawpgun

Only 2 new vehicles? This is pretty disappointing
Halo 2 - Spectre, Banshee (sort of) and Gauss. So basically only the spectre.

Halo 3 - Elephant (hardly counts) Chopper, Hornet, and a reskinned spectre.

Reach - missle hog, falcon, revenant...

2 vehicles seems on par if most of the old ones return.

Halo 2 - Spectre, Banshee (sort of) and Gauss. So basically only the spectre.

Halo 3 - Elephant (hardly counts) Chopper, Hornet, and a reskinned spectre.

Reach - missle hog, falcon, revenant...

2 vehicles seems on par if most of the old ones return.

Given there wasn't a new faction in the mix of things who I was hoping would have a decent vehicle sandbox themselves.. 4-6 was what I was hoping for between UNSC, Covies and Prometheans.

Trey

Seriously go and play a few games of Arena where people actually try and see how many kills you get as an individual. Players stick to walls and escape routes and sprint away while strongsiding. You spend the entire match calling out one shots.

Hasn't this always been the case? That's why map control and battling for PWs has been a fundamental theme in Halo.

I can buy that 1v1s aren't usually settled in Reach by the time reinforcements come for either side, relative to older Halos.

Tawpgun

Given there wasn't a new faction in the mix of things who I was hoping would have a decent vehicle sandbox themselves.. 4-6 was what I was hoping for tbh.
Yeah but how many niches are there left to fill?

Got 2 tanks, 2 air vehicles, hog variants, revenant/chopper, ghost, and mongoose.

Hasn't this always been the case? That's why map control and battling for PWs has been a fundamental theme in Halo.

I can buy that 1v1s aren't usually settled in Reach by the time reinforcements come for either side, relative to older Halos.

For sure to an extent but sprinting removes your ability to shoot whilst chasing the guy around that corner. In previous games you matched the fleeing players speed while being able to shoot him at the same time. Fundamental difference.

Still, I think Halo 4 will be better than Reach, 1v1 wise but it's something to think about.

IHaveIce

Banned
Given there wasn't a new faction in the mix of things who I was hoping would have a decent vehicle sandbox themselves.. 4-6 was what I was hoping for between UNSC, Covies and Prometheans.

Yeah pretty much my thoughts.

And Tawpgun you forgot the mongoose(for Halo 3), but yeah you're right.

Overdoziz

Banned
For sure to an extent but sprinting removes your ability to shoot whilst chasing the guy around that corner. In previous games you matched the fleeing players speed while being able to shoot him at the same time. Fundamental difference.

Still, I think Halo 4 will be better than Reach, 1v1 wise but it's something to think about.
In before Risen says you shouldn't chase.

But yes, Sprint allows people to get out of bad situations much easier than in any Halo game before. I'm sure Sprint speeds up gameplay by allowing players to get back to action faster but it just annoys the hell out of me when players run away as soon as they're getting hit. Especially on maps with a lot of cover like Countdown.

TheOddOne

I remember participating in the OT "Welcome, Juniors" thread for the wave in which Plywood got accepted. I think it was a year later after I got accepted.

My, my, he grew up too fast. Had a much easier time adjusting here than I did lol.
Plywood still has his tag too. Muhahahah.

Yeah but how many niches are there left to fill?

Got 2 tanks, 2 air vehicles, hog variants, revenant/chopper, ghost, and mongoose.

Well, like weapons in Halo 4 I bet there would be room for vehicles that are similar to one another, but play out slightly differently, plus I would prefer more new than old with Halo 4, kinda give it a fresher feeling. Forerunner vehicles just seem to have so much potential.

I would also like if they expanded on aerial combat and bring back both the Falcon and Hornet, give a little variation to the skies...or add this:

5d0LB.png

Transport Hog. Believe.

I would love it made its way into MP, it would make for some interesting objective plays..and multi-kills.

Prometheans may not use vehicles at all.

Pretty sure one of the e3 interviews confirmed they did in a round about way when talking about what they added to the sandbox.

a zoojoo

Banned
I remember participating in the OT "Welcome, Juniors" thread for the wave in which Plywood got accepted. I think it was a year later after I got accepted.

My, my, he grew up too fast. Had a much easier time adjusting here than I did lol.
Halo |OT6|Junior Tsunami

m23

On the topic of prometheans....

Why are they called Prometheans? For all of us who have read the books (Its general knowledge at this point), we all know these are not real Prometheans. At first I was very excited at the possibility of fighting Prometheans, but I was pretty disappointed at what I saw. The enemies look great and all to fight, just not what I expected or hoped. Maybe the being controlling them will be more of what I hoped for.

Carbine
18 shots per clip
7 shots to kill
42 frames per kill

DMR
15 shots per clip
5 shots to kill
44 frames per kill

BR
5 shots to kill
55 frames per kill

DMR is the obvious choice. Looking forward to serious dong sessions with that thing.

Prometheans may not use vehicles at all.

I'm thinking that as well.

Overdoziz

Banned
By the way, were the gametypes/maps for the tournament ever finalized?
There should really be a HUB somewhere with all the tournament information.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Team Monster Balls: Monster Balls Practice today?

Indeed. Same time as usual, about 10:30 central. I'm totally free tomorrow though

By the way, were the gametypes/maps for the tournament ever finalized?
There should really be a HUB somewhere with all the tournament information.
Arena settings
Slayer on Powerhouse
Slayer on Zealot
Tiebreaker: Neutral Bomb on Refuge, first to score wins

I may make a post on HaloGAF.com

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Good times. Thanks to my lurking before joining I adapted to the forums quite easily.

Arena settings
Slayer on Powerhouse
Slayer on Zealot
Tiebreaker: Neutral Bomb on Refuge, first to score wins

I may make a post on HaloGAF.com

You should host the latest gametypes and maps on your fileshare, name them for the GAF tourney, and have people use those for the Tourney. You could include the links in the HaloGAF.com post.

I could do the files if you'd like to do that.

a zoojoo

Banned
Alright nice, I don't have a stream but if I don't do terrible I'll get my gameplays up if people want them.
i had an idea if somebody had a stream: have some one join a 3rd team and die instantly w/ no respawn so they could spectate the entire match

L1NETT

Carbine
18 shots per clip
7 shots to kill
42 frames per kill

DMR
15 shots per clip
5 shots to kill
44 frames per kill

BR
5 shots to kill
55 frames per kill

Interesting...thanks for doing this.

But, even after knowing this I reckon most people still use the BR simply because it is so iconic. Probably going to get a buff though. Nice to see the carbine having a purpose in Halo 4 :)

Vire

Carbine
18 shots per clip
7 shots to kill
42 frames per kill

DMR
15 shots per clip
5 shots to kill
44 frames per kill

BR
5 shots to kill
55 frames per kill

I don't understand why they all aren't 1.4 seconds. Shouldn't they be equal?

daedalius

Carbine
18 shots per clip
7 shots to kill
42 frames per kill

DMR
15 shots per clip
5 shots to kill
44 frames per kill

BR
5 shots to kill
55 frames per kill

Ellis said they were still being tweaked.

Don't count on this being the same as launch.

KraZidave

Neo Member
Hey everybody. I want to start by saying thanks to GAF for validation. I lurk here way too much but luckily this can be a very entertaining thread (gifs, ellis shops etc) so thanks to everyone who made it so. I almost feel guilty about getting approved in the midst of this junior influx... almost. Anyway, its great to be here. Also, I love Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom