• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If you're going off of his stats then MLG is going to bring those down. No one on GAF would have a 1.50+ K/D if they played MLG exclusively.

I was going off of what I saw when I played with him, and from the tourney footage.

Then again, I'd say seeing ~30 minutes of him playing isn't very indicative of his skill.

Pretty sure Cyren just isn't used to TU Arena settings. I'd think it would take a long time to adjust after getting used to zero bloom and the movement changes in MLG.

Ryaaan14

Banned
btw, Cyren and I had several 1v1 DMR battles in the games tonight and I know I may be a shitty player overall, but rarely do I consistently get beaten by someone in a DMR fight. He played well, Plywood was just on fire tonight. Tonight the tiers didn't seem to factor in at all really. (aside from the shit tier peasants ofc)

Nutter

10 sensitivity really isn't that bad. I usually played Halo 3 with those settings and then got older. haha. Now I cant keep up with a slight MLG speed boost. sigh.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
p.s. sensitivity 1 is where it's at
wvAGD.png

ZalinKrow

Oh I heard him, but I was too busy assassinating Xand and ZoosJoos. Also, Andy was probably too busy running face first into a wall or off the side of a cliff to have noticed.

Haha yeah I heard him say he was already at the dorm, I just didn't hear anything about what direction it was taken :[ Alas I was too late. Some great games though.

Hearing about the tournament game makes me really want to get some practise in with my teammates!

Our first game together is gonna be the tournament match, isn't it? Haha

FyreWulff

Oh hey, the gametype that comes with the new Forge World Invasion maps has INV_NO_CORE_ZONE. So now you can have zones that reset the core, just like Breakpoint and Boneyard (so people can't throw the core into a spawn zone)

Akai__

Its my birthday... you mean

Happy birthday. :) Hope you will have a good time.

That's cool, welcome to the group! Or willkommen, which ever.

I think I saw that sentence for the first time. Every time, when somebody asks where I'm from and I say: "I' from Croatia, but I live since my birth in Germany" they say: "OMG, Nazi-Germany, how can you live there, blah blah blah..."

Just a few people found it cool, that I'm from Germany
, but mainly because we have great beer and you can get it everywhere, when you reach your 16. birthday. True Story. ;)

Goes into SWAT.

SWAT MAGNUMS ON SWORD BASE.

I know that feel very good, sadly. -.-

Oh I heard him, but I was too busy assassinating Xand and ZoosJoos. Also, Andy was probably too busy running face first into a wall or off the side of a cliff to have noticed.

Haha yeah I heard him say he was already at the dorm, I just didn't hear anything about what direction it was taken :[ Alas I was too late. Some great games though.

Hearing about the tournament game makes me really want to get some practise in with my teammates!

Our first game together is gonna be the tournament match, isn't it? Haha

Scumbags.

Has this been posted yet?

Halo 4-Forward unto dawn teaser.

Shadders

The FUD teaser is just awesome. I hope the full length thing gets aired on TV before Halo 4 is out.

pJqkw.gif

^^Someone will be able to do a better job of that than me. :)

TheOddOne

Maybe, but I would submit that assassination animations are not, especially in Halo. They're nothing more than lame visual treats to give BK's an erection while playing.
I would argue that assignation animation brings new depth to the sandbox. Assassination animations are effective, when they are used effectively.

On one hand they are flashy, but at the same time you are vulnerable and exposed when doing it. The normal melee is still the most effective way to kill the Elzar’s of this world – even with the small delay in movement. In more competitive area, the more elaborate animations bring more of a show to the matches – especially in the endgame.

Smoke weed erryday!

I would argue that assignation animation brings new depth to the sandbox. Assassination animations are effective, when they are used effectively.

On one hand they are flashy, but at the same time you are vulnerable and exposed when doing it. The normal melee is still the most effective way to kill the Elzar’s of this world – even with the small delay in movement. In more competitive area, the more elaborate animations bring more of a show to the matches – especially in the endgame.

Smoke weed erryday!

Futurama.gif

Hey they give me an erection!
BK confirmed!
<3

On one hand they are flashy, but at the same time you are vulnerable and exposed when doing it. The normal melee is still the most effective way to kill the Elzar&#8217;s of this world &#8211; even with the small delay in movement. In more competitive area, the more elaborate animations bring more of a show to the matches &#8211; especially in the endgame.

Smoke weed erryday!
I was tired of seeing them after only a few games during the Reach beta. What if some kind of button combination was required after initiating the assassination animation, where if you're unsuccessful, the assassination fails and your opponent disengages from you? I'd find those encounters more worthwhile and humorous. Then I could at least laugh at people for attempting them. If 343 wants to integrate CoD into Halo, might as well add Killer Instinct, too. Haha. Actually, I just wanted to bring up another topic of discussion that's been done before since the halogafcycle keeps getting brought up.
eat dip cones from mcdonalds every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom