• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the sensitivity affect your turning speed at all? I feel like I don't turn as fast as I like, but I also overshoot my aim, well, every single time I aim at something.
Blame aim acceleration, not sensitivity.

I use 10 and standard wireless reach controllers personally.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The thing that I learned in Reach, and it's made me a much better player, is knowing when to pick your fights. Don't rush a group of 2 or more, unless you get the jump on them/have a power weapon/are playing total scrubs.

If you want to get better at aiming, go into Swat. Or Firefight/Campaign on Legendary. Just playing a bunch will improve your aim. Especially when playing better players.

Retro

If you want to get better at aiming, go into Swat. . . Just playing a bunch will improve your aim. Especially when playing better players.

Yup. Whenever I get back into Halo, especially if I haven't played in a while (which is often), I usually play a bunch if SWAT to get back into the groove of things. No AAs except sprint either.

CyReN

nostalgia out of the ass

pkF4a.jpg

PNut

Banned
Watching all the pros and randoms streaming H3 now makes me miss playing it. Ninja's stream is hilarious when he doesn't get kicked. I wish my friend's list wasn't stuck in Reach. H3 is so much fun to play with a full team. The netcode still sucks though. But most of the maps are fun to play, there's no bloom or AA's to boot. Shit gets intense when everybody starts with default BR and 2 grenades.

Congrats team Plywood! Killed it on Powerhouse.

Edit- Junior wave is crazy this time around. Welcome!

Gray Man

Banned
Un-inverted
Practice
Talkin' bout practice

7 is that number I can't seem to crack. I can't ever get above 6, my comfort level right now. Perhaps it's true that as you get better at a game like Halo your look sensitivity will go up? A lot of people I know seem to experience this.

senador

Banned
Inverted!

7 is that number I can't seem to crack. I can't ever get above 6, my comfort level right now. Perhaps it's true that as you get better at a game like Halo your look sensitivity will go up? A lot of people I know seem to experience this.

I asked for some tips in here once, and after getting some advice from Tashi, Juices, and others, I lowered my sensitivity and started playing better. I used to play at 6 or 7, now I play at 4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
First match results, yessss. I'm gonna DL some of the perspective videos and watch'em over breakfast tomorrow.

I asked for some tips in here once, and after getting some advice from Tashi, Juices, and others, I lowered my sensitivity and started playing better. I used to play at 6 or 7, now I play at 4.
Yeah, I used to play at 5, but HaloGAF convinced me that deliberate precision was more important than twitch speed reflexes, so I lowered it to 3. I think it's really improved my gameplay.

senador

Banned
If I want to look up, I move the stick up.

I'm not flying a plane.

Heh, but you are flying your head! ;)

My brain thinks about the bottom of the stick, not the top.

I don't remember where, but I once read that playing inverted or not is genetic and basically programmed into your brain, so if that's true (I feel it is as I literally cannot play non-inverted), then there's no point in arguing and neither option is superior.

Inverted master race

senador

Banned
no fucking way.

videos or it didn't happen

Its Juices, he's probably for reals. He's crazy like that.

Nice beard!

Your opinion is bad!

Only when I'm flying a jet in BF, in which case I pull back on the joystick, adjusting the pitch. Not the same as looking around for me.

Heh, its interesting to think people play the same game, but with a totally different control scheme and aiming mode or whatever.

I'm really excited to play Halo 4 with everyone.

Just sayin. /shrug

Me too, though my hype has dropped way off. That's just because of other shit though and not the game. I need to get some things squared away so in November I have plenty of guilt free time to dedicate to playing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nice beard!
Thanks. Not as epic as Beardfu gets, though.

Me too, though my hype has dropped way off. That's just because of other shit though and not the game. I need to get some things squared away so in November I have plenty of guilt free time to dedicate to playing.
Yeah, I'm not nearly as hyped for Halo 4 as I was for 2, 3, or Reach. Part of that is not having time to be hyped, and part of it is feeling skeptical about multiplayer. Out of everything, the campaign has me the most hyped. I absolutely cannot wait to delve into it.

Ramirez

No offense to CyReN, but I disagree. He's still one of the better players in HaloGAF, though. This also wasn't MLG, the main thing he plays.

If you're going off of his stats then MLG is going to bring those down. No one on GAF would have a 1.50+ K/D if they played MLG exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom