• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

I was tired of seeing them after only a few games during the Reach beta. What if some kind of button combination was required after initiating the assassination animation, where if you're unsuccessful, the assassination fails and your opponent disengages from you? I'd find those encounters more worthwhile and humorous. Then I could at least laugh at people for attempting them. If 343 wants to integrate CoD into Halo, might as well add Killer Instinct, too. Haha. Actually, I just wanted to bring up another topic of discussion that's been done before since the halogafcycle keeps getting brought up.
eat dip cones from mcdonalds every day!
Sounds like an armor lock type system for assassinations. It would be more annoying in any fashion they would put it in, i.e. timer based (will be abused), perk for deflecting (will be abused) or randomness (will cause headache).

Throw in some 40’s and some Bob Marley to get this party jammin’.

"brings new depth to the sandbox."

Come on now.

It is one of Bungies unsung terrific additions to the Halo sandbox. I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

I used to play inverted, mostly because of Goldeneye, but there came a point where I consciously decided to learn Halo default controls. It doesn't take that long to adjust.

Now I play clawed recon.

Gui_PT

Went to a game expo this sunday.

1 table for Halo reach - completely empty

Nearly 4 tables for call of duty, completely full(of 15 year olds)

I used to play inverted, mostly because of Goldeneye, but there came a point where I consciously decided to learn Halo default controls. It doesn't take that long to adjust.

Now I play clawed recon.

Dafuq?

I'm an invert, I must admit. I don't even know why, it just has always made sense in my brain. It would cool if you could look up what control schemes certain players are using in the PGCR.

FyreWulff

Now I play clawed recon.

I honestly don't remember when I switched. Played Goldeneye on Invert, played Perfect Dark non-invert, never remember why or what caused me to switch.

Legacy sticks forever, though.

heckfu

Banned
Hi there Team Carryfu, sorry I've been a little preoccupied...take the last of my national boards in a little over four hours. That being said, I'll be on Reach if you guys wanna go into super slayer or something together just to get a feel for how things will go playing with eachother.

I'll most likely be on by at least 4pm CST or 8 hours from now. Let me know!

We should take these tournament teams and start a new tournament about 2 weeks into halo 4.

2 weeks gives us a small learning period but ensure we are all still fresh and could help to balance the teams a bit more if such a issue arise.

Hi there Team Carryfu, sorry I've been a little preoccupied...take the last of my national boards in a little over four hours. That being said, I'll be on Reach if you guys wanna go into super slayer or something together just to get a feel for how things will go playing with eachother.

Sadly, my excuses are not nearly as badass as yours, but I'm (hopefully) down for a little practice later today as well, if I'm not dead to the world.

Yay Canada.

Because Cyren is probably just as good as Plywood? :p
CyReN is definitely good, but I'm betting he just wasn't used to non-MLG settings. He didn't do too hot on Powerhouse but then brought it back for Zealot. I think it was a close match-up, although I didn't realize we lost by 13 on Zealot.

Back at home, the whole city was a party this night (will try to post some photos later)and yes heckfu, I was rocking a rock solid boner during the last 20 minutes :D

VIVA ESPAÑA!

heckfu

Banned
Back at home, the whole city was a party this night (will try to post some photos later)and yes heckfu, I was rocking a rock solid boner during the last 20 minutes :D

VIVA ESPAÑA!

tumblr_lo5i4c01lb1qkd2wio1_400.gif

Kuroyume

Banned
Some days I feel Last Resort was a bigger kick in the balls than Blackout was. Though gametypes that get neutered like hell don't necessarily help matters (Assault).

It felt more obvious to me. Blackout was bad but it wasn't as drastic. Didn't have any dumb shit like those huge containers. They used Last Resort as a BTB map. From a midsize to BTB map. That says it all really. I used to love playing Zanzibar. Especially flag and assault. Dreaded it ever coming up in H3. It was just so goddamn boring to play on. Instant arm.... Stupid gates... Huge ass bases.... What the hell were they thinking? The fucking bubbleshield and instant arm... Lol.

heckfu

Banned
It felt more obvious to me. Blackout was bad but it wasn't as drastic. Didn't have any dumb shit like those huge containers. They used Last Resort as a BTB map. From a midsize to BTB map. That says it all really. I used to love playing Zanzibar. Especially flag and assault. Dreaded it ever coming up in H3. It was just so goddamn boring to play on. Instant arm.... Stupid gates... Huge ass bases.... What the hell were they thinking? The fucking bubbleshield and instant arm... Lol.

Ah, I wasn't on board with what you were saying until you mentioned the huge bases. Holy shit. Halo 2 was so nice inside the main base with very little room to move around in but I just remember in 3 it was so easy to camp somewhere with a power drain and just blain on the other team.

And the gates. Woof.

We should take these tournament teams and start a new tournament about 2 weeks into halo 4.

2 weeks gives us a small learning period but ensure we are all still fresh and could help to balance the teams a bit more if such a issue arise.

i agree with this. im sure we can beat them. i just wasnt on my game and after watching both vids, i few fixes by me and we could have made the games closer or won them.

my team is next hope i can play at least 1 game with everybody before we play. I can almost guarantee July 3rd and 4th I will be drinking hard. So I don't know what I will be doing on those days.

I would love to get in on a tournament with everyone once Halo4 comes out, but I think it's going to be next to impossible to organize only two weeks after release. Everyone will be having way too much fun
i desperately hope the game is good
on xbox live, assuming ranks
i desperately hope the game has ranks
and Reach will be nothing but a bad dream that never happened
i desperately hope 4 is better than Reach

senador

Banned
Hi there Team Carryfu, sorry I've been a little preoccupied...take the last of my national beards in a little over four hours. That being said, I'll be on Reach if you guys wanna go into super slayer or something together just to get a feel for how things will go playing with eachother.

You would.
Hey they give me an erection!

Me too. I love the ones from behind.

heckfu

Banned
Holy moly, your avatar is awesome.

You look like a dictator (for some odd reason).

Haha, thanks. That was from last summer when I lived on an Indian reservation in Montana working at a hospital. We went to a pharmacist's farm to eradicate a particularly nasty gopher infestation.

daedalius

I think Vire from my team hasn't posted here in a while, op-ivy said he hadn't seen him.

Also, thezerofire has a full friends list... and I think we were supposed to play together yesterday or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom