• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Be nice cat lady.

Sorry. Prometheus stuff bugged me, but now Spider-Man? Seriously, I know it came out at midnight in the US but you can't expect everyone to be attending. I'm avoiding that thread like the plague for a reason, I'm really excited about the movie. My ex already did this same shit tonight, and I thought at least HaloGAF would be a safehaven.

TheOddOne

Sorry. Prometheus stuff bugged me, but now Spider-Man? Seriously, I know it came out at midnight in the US but you can't expect everyone to be attending. I'm avoiding that thread like the plague for a reason, I'm really excited about the movie. My ex already did this same shit tonight, and I thought at least HaloGAF would be a safehaven.
You have the worst luck, man. Don't worry, I will avoid talking about The
Amazing
Spiderman.

Ryaaan14

Banned
You have the worst luck, man. Don't worry, I will avoid talking about The
Amazing
Spiderman.

WElRE.gif

Fuck, now I have to watch Groundhog Day on Netflix.

:( I'm sorry, I didn't mean to piss anyone off.
At least now I know to not bring up Dark Knight Rises in 17 days time lol

Happy birthday Oml3t.

I'm replaying Arkham Asylum, this time on PC, and this port is pretty rad. PhysX is so fucking cool, I could swing my cape at fog and paper all day.

Tried setting my Viewsonic's response time to ultra fast for the first time since I've gotten it to see if I notice any differences in input lag. I don't think I do, which was the expected result. Anyone have anything that shows that it does help?

Do you have a CRT? You can test the latency by setting your PC into clone mode and playing a timer. Take pictures of both (preferably with a high shutter speed) and get results that way.

Shadders

So, 8GB to play online?

Surely that'll just be the space required to store Series 1 of Spartan Ops, right? They wouldn't require 8GB for online and then a further nGB for SpOps content?

10 weeks of content, each offering a bespoke environment with it's own textures and skybox. Could easily be 500MB per week.

No no, not you... the premium quality one... oh uh wait, I've mixed feelings now.

Damm you Elzar!

Heh, I knew what you were talking about anyway. <3

So, 8GB to play online?

Surely that'll just be the space required to store Series 1 of Spartan Ops, right? They wouldn't require 8GB for online and then a further nGB for SpOps content?

10 weeks of content, each offering a bespoke environment with it's own textures and skybox. Could easily be 500MB per week.

BF3 eat your heart out.

Overdoziz

Banned
They're doing important stuff like patching the Halo 1 pistol into every Halo Reach map and then only using it on the Anniversary DLC
I'd like to think that for everything they're not doing that they should be doing they're just busy creating another Spec Ops mission.

Shadders

I wouldn't expect 343 to explain any of the info they release.

Heh, what I think think has happened here is that the Marketplace folks fired a mail off to 343i to confirm if any HDD space is required to play. An email then went around 343i checking which areas of the game would require HDD space. A cumulative figure of 8GB came back which someone then forwarded to Marketplace.

Marketplace folks interpret that as "8GB needed to play online", when in reality that figure includes future DLC.

FyreWulff

I'd like to think that for everything they're not doing that they should be doing they're just busy creating another Spec Ops mission.

I'm still wondering how that happened. The Halo 1 map is right there, in the game. Blood Gulch. It's in Reach.

You cannot play it with Halo 1 Pistol mode in matchmaking. The map is there. The gametype is there.

The map + gametype combo is not.

Anniversary Disc should have had Forge World on it. Or you know, swallow your damn company pride and add Anniversary Slayer to regular BTB.

Tried setting my Viewsonic's response time to ultra fast for the first time since I've gotten it to see if I notice any differences in input lag. I don't think I do, which was the expected result. Anyone have anything that shows that it does help?
Rock Band 2 and its guitar controller had a latency test. The screen would repeatedly flash and the photo eye on the controller would read it and the game would report a latency value in milliseconds.

Tawpgun

I was thinking about it, and realized 343 BETTER advertise a SHITLOAD that this requires 8 GB of space or their gonna have a ton of negative backlash after launch day.

Most consumers don't read waypoint or gaming sites, they won't know about any hard drive requirements unless they read the fine print on the back of the box.

I know that in gonna be buying a bigger hard drive. Halo 4 is the proverbial straw. It was a long time coming. If only Microsoft didn't fucking overprice them to oblivion.

I was thinking about it, and realized 343 BETTER advertise a SHITLOAD that this requires 8 GB of space or their gonna have a ton of negative backlash after launch day.

Most consumers don't read waypoint or gaming sites, they won't know about any hard drive requirements unless they read the fine print on the back of the box.

I know that in gonna be buying a bigger hard drive. Halo 4 is the proverbial straw. It was a long time coming. If only Microsoft didn't fucking overprice them to oblivion.

You can use a flash drive.

You can use a flash drive.

What about floppy drives?

You can get 60gb-120gb from about $30-$60 on ebay.

a zoojoo

Banned

I modded an old Xbox 360 hard drive to work for the Slim, cause i was strapped for cash, i'm only telling you because the old 360 hard drives have a broader range of drive sizes which = more money back in your pocket. I can PM you the stuff i used if your interested.

Also, Happy BDay Domino!

Tawpgun

What about floppy drives?

You can get 60gb-120gb from about $30-$60 on ebay.
I have the old system, need the old ones. Im scared to buy them refurbished. Had a friend do that and he got everything wiped.

Also, the flash drives are obnoxious and you still need to buy it. If a consumer doesn't find out they need it before they buy their gonna be upset.

JuanGGZ

Banned
But the Spartan Ops wasn't supposed to be on the disc ? I really don't understand, when I'll get Halo 4, the DVD will only contain the campaign and the multiplayer, then all Spartan Ops missions will be a DLC, or are they already on the disc, and every week, we get an update to unlock those missions ?

I have the old system, need the old ones. Im scared to buy them refurbished. Had a friend do that and he got everything wiped.

Also, the flash drives are obnoxious and you still need to buy it. If a consumer doesn't find out they need it before they buy their gonna be upset.

How are they obnoxious? Just plug the thing in the back. They're <$10 for 16GB.

Tawpgun

If only the game were out. That way, I'd have a reason to complain about not knowing! This far from launch? Oh you.
Over definitely has a point. They should explain why it takes sp much space and why their doing it.

If I was in 343's place I would make sure it's at least gone over in the next bulletin.

Only logical reason I see not to do it is if their still messing around with it and don't know specifics. Bit considering they said its already gonna take 8 GB... Probably should go over that.

And flash drives are obnoxious because they need to be 360 compatible. The ones I had work but are a bit wonky. And it only has 2 slots.

And I use one slot for a flash drive already and another for okay and charge. Then I replace one for the mix charger sometimes.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
But the Spartan Ops wasn't supposed to be on the disc ? I really don't understand, when I'll get Halo 4, the DVD will only contain the campaign and the multiplayer, then all Spartan Ops missions will be a DLC, or are they already on the disc, and every week, we get an update to unlock those missions ?

They are on the disc, this is a mandatory disc-based install. If I'm reading it correctly.

Crucio

I knew it Spider-man comes out friday! But why did they start midnight showings a week in advance? Has this been done before?
Edit: So I read the theatre listings wrong. I thought for sure it was only out on the 6th.
The showing times I saw were an unusual 11am and 12pm(for non 3D). Thought it said midnight. Anyway confusion over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom