• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Was he kung-fu fighting a deer? DA FUQ!
ibgFa0KR1fNfR2.gif

Hm, interesting.. I wonder what will pan out from this.

:lol

That reminds me, I wish the rumor for Reach ended up being true, where you could rip off dead Hunters arms and use them as a detachable turret style weapon. That would be awesome.

Speaking of Hunters, assuming they are back in Halo 4 I hope we see more variations of em, possible mini scarab styled hunters, etc.

What I got from the last couple pages is HaloGAF can't adapt to button glitches and is bad. I mean I already knew but thanks for the reconfirm.

Jesus some of you guys who proclaim it ruined Halo probably never even made it far enough up to see them being used...

Everyone plays the same game. Its fair. Figure out how to do it. Kind of like how you figure out everything else that does and doesn't work in the game.

Its Bungie's fault for not rolling with it or fixing it!, and adding a note that tells you how to do it. Take 14 seconds and look it up on Youtube.

Such babies.

Oh and as for it "Breaking" the H2 weapon sandbox...Really? You want to go there? Nothing in that fucking game was balanced.

What I got from the last couple pages is HaloGAF can't adapt to button glitches and is bad. I mean I already knew but thanks for the reconfirm.

Jesus some of you guys who proclaim it ruined Halo probably never even made it far enough up to see them being used...

Everyone plays the same game. Its fair. Figure out how to do it. Kind of like how you figure out everything else that doesn't work.

Its Bungie's fault for not rolling with it and adding a note that tells you how to do it. Take 14 seconds and look it up on Youtube.

Such babies.

lj76bevj5o.gif

Everyone plays the same game. Its fair. Figure out how to do it. Kind of like how you figure out everything else that does and doesn't work in the game.

Its Bungie's fault for not rolling with it and adding a note that tells you how to do it. Take 14 seconds and look it up on Youtube.

Such babies.
2008 deja vu.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I have no idea what the CBS deal means but MLG last event is November 2-4, Halo 4 comes out on the 6th. Unless there's something similar to Epic/Gears of War 3 last year but I can't see a lot of the 343i guys doing that just before the game launch, unless this is another way to "show off" their game before release.

Btw this is me talking out of my ass.

The article is just conflating the existing idea that Halo 4 is an example competitive shooter. We have no specific arrangements or tech tying into their announcement beyond the pro match already aired.

I have to pick a new mobile phone later this year and I was thinking to pick the Lumia 900. Because of the release of the new WP version Appollon, I am not sure if I should do it. Microsoft did not say which one are update-able to Appollon from Mango.

Wait to see what Apollo devices are like.

The article is just conflating the existing idea that Halo 4 is an example competitive shooter. We have no specific arrangements or tech tying into their announcement beyond the pro match already aired.

Cyren's wild dreams crushed.

Some unused strings from Halo Reach (interesting in a almost cutting room floor way)

The game cannot start becouse all players are set to observer

Player ratings are too low for this playlist.

One or more players have a Grade too high for this playlist.

This playlist is restricted to players with an Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

This playlist is restricted to Xbox LIVE trial members.

This playlist is restricted to players from a particular region.

One or more players do not meet the Gamer Zone requirements for this playlist.

There are not enough local players signed in to play this playlist.

Uploading files to the datamine. Please wait...

CAMO PATTERN...

PAINT SCHEME...

Quitting is discouraged in the UNSC. Do you want to lose XP as a penalty for desertion?

Apparently you don't have to do anything to unlock skulls, so you shouldn't actually see this.

Lean Left

Lean Right

#cause_player has new target #effect_player

You incinerated #effect_player

There once was a man from Bungie...nothing rhymes with Bungie

You completed 'The One for DSA'

Also

Some unused strings from Halo Reach (interesting in a almost cutting room floor way)

Code:

CAMO PATTERN...

PAINT SCHEME...

Quitting is discouraged in the UNSC. Do you want to lose XP as a penalty for desertion?

Apparently you don't have to do anything to unlock skulls, so you shouldn't actually see this.

Lean Left

Lean Right

Also
I remember seeing Emile's helmet as a helmet option from the beta in a screen released by some modder, he also said something about the CAMO PATTERN thing.

FyreWulff

Also

Random semi related content

lockedoutcampaign.jpg

My original Halo 3 got messed up. Resulted in no campaign maps and only Snowbound (i think) loading for disc maps. Apparently they made a lock icon for campaign maps you didn't have.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Youe source didn't list all the entries.

Code:
Change game options using the Halo 3 user interface

<build_number/>

<version_number/>

Uploading debug files. Please do not turn off your Xbox 360 console.

MEGALO OPTIONS

H3 GAME OPTIONS

FILM H3

TEMP #/TEMP #

Custom Games are disabled for the Halo: Reach Alpha.

Uploading films. Please wait... To avoid this wait in the future, let the game sit at the Main Menu after playing. |n|n00000000: 00000001% (00000002 remaining)

Youe source didn't list all the entries.

Code:
Change game options using the Halo 3 user interface

<build_number/>

<version_number/>

Uploading debug files. Please do not turn off your Xbox 360 console.

MEGALO OPTIONS

H3 GAME OPTIONS

FILM H3

TEMP #/TEMP #

Custom Games are disabled for the Halo: Reach Alpha.

Uploading films. Please wait... To avoid this wait in the future, let the game sit at the Main Menu after playing. |n|n00000000: 00000001% (00000002 remaining)

I stripped the useless uninteresting stuff out lol

Its Bungie's fault for not rolling with it or fixing it!, and adding a note that tells you how to do it. Take 14 seconds and look it up on Youtube.

Such babies.

Oh and as for it "Breaking" the H2 weapon sandbox...Really? You want to go there? Nothing in that fucking game was balanced.

Uh replace button glitches with bloom, armor lock, jetpacks etc and its the same thing. Same with glitches from Halo 2 like long range sword lunge via sniper/rocket scope. I mean really? Halo isn't the game for button glitches, and most players were only on the receiving end. I mean, I do get why people liked them, but no.

CAMO PATTERN...

PAINT SCHEME...

Lean Left

Lean Right

Also

Whoa.

So, observer mode and camo patterns. Interesting. I always wondered what happened to the camo pattern from the Beta, I was disappointed it didnt turn into anything like this. Also, I guess that implies skulls were once hidden and not automatically unlocked? I would have preferred this.

I figure Spectator/Observer mode would not be too hard to implement. All the features already exist in either forge, respawn cams or theatre.

On another note the fact we didnt get a multiplayer beta heavily limits the likely hood of leaks from data mining

Fracas

#fuckonami
I hope Spectator Mode is in, and that I can go into any playlist just to watch matches.

When I'm by myself, I'll go into MLG and watch some competitive matches.
When I'm in a group, I'll go into Team Slayer and watch scrubs AR each other for the lulz.

daedalius

Ehm, because they played matches with personal ordnance drops on? I don't see the problem.

That's fine, but they are alluding that they won't be able to turn them off it seems; even though we already know that ordnance is a feature in infinity slayer, so obviously it is gametype dependent.

I don't know if I'd want ordnance in a competitive objective game either, but it seems like it is a 'fun' thing to have in the game.

Overdoziz

Banned
That's fine, but they are alluding that they won't be able to turn them off it seems; even though we already know that ordnance is a feature in infinity slayer, so obviously it is gametype dependent.

I don't know if I'd want ordnance in a competitive objective game either, but it seems like it is a 'fun' thing to have in the game.
We already know that the Personal Ordnance drops are exclusive to that playlist, but these pros have been at E3 all week so I doubt they had much time to catch up on all info.

Louis Wu

That last question really worries me about the pre-order exclusives being completely exclusive to the pre-order, instead of getting a chance to earn them later on.
We weren't even really talking about exclusives as exclusives - we were talking about them as skins (they're the only skins we've seen so far). Don't draw any conclusions about availability from his answers - he wasn't even CONSIDERING that aspect.

Karl2177

We weren't even really talking about exclusives as exclusives - we were talking about them as skins (they're the only skins we've seen so far). Don't draw any conclusions about availability from his answers - he wasn't even CONSIDERING that aspect.

Nonetheless it's still one of the things that bugs me about the game.

You guys saw Ellis' answers from yesterday, but you might have missed these:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/random_questions_at_e32012.html

(Ellis and Kevin Franklin both helped)

And to counteract the feeling that a medal is less important because there might be a game mode which makes it much easier to earn certain types (think multikill medals in Grifball, for example), there will be many more gametype-specific medals. For example, here are the medals you can earn in Regicide games:
King Spree: King kills 5 players in a row without dying
Kingtacular: King kills 10 players in a row without dying
Reign of Terror: King kills 15 players in a row without dying
Kingslayer: Kill the King 3 times in a row
King Assist: Earn an assist when a King is killed
Execution: Assassinate the King
Regicide: Kill the King
This sort of variety will be available for most gametypes.

This is great, especially the King Slayer medal. I always hated how Grifball perverted a players medal chest with unlikely multi-kill medals from the upper echelons.

On the video with Neighbor and Elamite, Bravo said that there is a limit to spawns in Halo: Reach... except the limit is 255 which only like a handful of maps have EVER used and that is by extremely amateur forgers... lol. So while the statement was true it made it sound like there was such a low limit on spawns that that is the reason why spawning was often bad in Reach. Made me giggle as a forger.

heckfu

Banned

luv u.

Difficulty scales with the number of Co-op players, as was true in Reach - but Halo 4 has more fine-grained control over this than Reach did. More details will be forthcoming.
Personal drops are earned by reaching a score threshold - total kills without dying, total points without dying - but are progressively more difficult to earn (that is, the threshold for the second drop is higher than the first, and the third is higher than the second).
Love these two pieces of info.
This news doesn't bother me nearly as much as it would have prior to seeing Prometheus.

Ordnance Drops are available in multiple varieties. Most games will have an initial drop - this is tailored to the map/gametype, and will (for the most part) be consistent from game to game (assuming type and map stay the same).

Global Ordnance Drops are random in location (there are a set of locations on any given map, but the choice of location for a particular drop is random), random in assets (the choice of weapons dropped on a particular map and gametype are planned, but the one that comes at any given drop is random), and random in time (there is no fixed timer for drops). Dropped items are waypointed for all players, until they are picked up.

Terrible. This is in every (of course, not the classic gametypes) game mode isn't it?

You guys saw Ellis' answers from yesterday, but you might have missed these:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/random_questions_at_e32012.html

(Ellis and Kevin Franklin both helped)

Kingslayer! Amazing!

Cool that they are implementing a lot of gametype specific medals. I always thought the few of those that were in Bungie's Halo games were cool.

Watched Madagascar 1 last night. So good.

That film is so funny.

Terrible. This is in every (of course, not the classic gametypes) game mode isn't it?

Yeah, the way I understand it, Global ordnance drops replace the old weapon spawning mechanic from the other games, so it will be across pretty much everything (save for possibly some "classic" gametypes.

And yes, it's terrible.

$50 million in a weekend for an R move is very very good.

Jesus H what idiot approved a $270 million budget for Men in Black 3?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom