• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
But if you use that specialization, then you're always visible on Promethean Vision!

300px-Rock_paper_scissors.jpg

Genius!

Random weapon drop locations eh? Do the power weapons randomly explode too?

Well if the random power weapons explode the objectives need to explode too randomly.

There should also just be random explosions in places.

I've heard spontaneous combustion is a thing too. Why not include that?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well if the random power weapons explode the objectives need to explode too randomly.

If we're talking about awesome features we want in shooters, add protecting the president. And killing terrorists. And wisecrackin' while shooting said terrorists. It lightens the mood when my guy's all like "Damn fool! These bastards don't play around, son!"

Infinity objective.

Classic objective.

Michael Bay objective.

None of the above.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really
really really really really really really really
hope personal ordnance isn't in any objective gametypes.

Booshka

Will there be a medal if your Ordinance drops on a player and kills them? And will that count as a kill for you, or will it be a "Killed by the Guardians" kill.

Really excited to hear about there being more helmets in 4 than were in Reach. So far, even though I don't absolutely love all of them individually, I'm really digging the variety, and some of them (like Locus, Gungnir, Scout, and Orbital) are looking SLICK.

No attachments I'm fine with actually, would rather have more base helmets than attachments. Would love to see something SPI make it in, as well as something pilot-esque. Also wouldn't mind seeing what Naomi's MkVII helmet looks like from Glasslands.

You guys saw Ellis' answers from yesterday, but you might have missed these:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/random_questions_at_e32012.html

(Ellis and Kevin Franklin both helped)

Awesome, thanks!

=(

But its R rated so its to be expected.. Still, I hope the movie does alright since I enjoyed it a ton and a sequel has a load of potential.

Really excited to hear about there being more helmets in 4 than were in Reach. So far, even though I don't absolutely love all of them individually, I'm really digging the variety, and some of them (like Locus, Gungnir, Scout, and Orbital) are looking SLICK.

No attachments I'm fine with actually, would rather have more base helmets than attachments. Would love to see something SPI make it in, as well as something pilot-esque. Also wouldn't mind seeing what Naomi's MkVII helmet looks like from Glasslands.

Agreed, I really hope we can see a lot of canonical helmets that have been mentioned or seen in other outlets. I would also love to see some old concept designs for MC and Spartans to come alive as armor perms.

Helmet attachments were a cool idea, but they were far too recycled in Reach so I can accept them not coming back.

SPI needs to make it in and HAYABUSA (no katana) would be great, Mainly interested on

Mark 4
Mark 5
ODST
Security

That said id love to see these two models make it in.

(click to make alot bigger)

What I want to know, will there finally be DLC armor? Seems like something a lot of people want

343 seem fairly interested in it. GRD was test work for it remember?

I can see it finally becoming a option, Hell if the preorder skins aint on the disc its all but confirmed.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Turned into dolls as easter eggs on the Anniversary Map Pack maps.

Pretty disappointing. Apparently they were working during Bungie vs. The World as someone saw it as an option during one of the streams.

No one saw those helmuts during a live stream. That was completely made up. It is a shame we weren't able to make that happen in Anniversary, but it was a learning experience.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'd assume there will be an "Armory Pack" for Halo 4 at some point. Depending on the price, I may buy it. Otherwise, I'm not really interested.

Ryaaan14

Banned
It is kind of interesting to think about, DLC armor would force a download for everyone to be able to view them. Could that work?

I'd assume there will be an "Armory Pack" for Halo 4 at some point. Depending on the price, I may buy it. Otherwise, I'm not really interested.

It'd be ridiculous to NOT expect more skins for weapons and armor as DLC, helmets are only an extension of that.

Maybe include a new skin every week for beating that weeks' spartan ops on solo legendary?

Edit: This also serves to tackle the problem Ryan just brought up, because everyone will be downloading spartan ops.

It is kind of interesting to think about, DLC armor would force a download for everyone to be able to view them. Could that work?

Title Updates can be any size now its a long time since the SDK limited them to 15mb so i cant see why not.

The other option is. If player has DLC show X if player does not have DLC show default

Fracas

#fuckonami
Since downloadable armor skins/pieces are assumed to be in Halo 4, how would you guys feel about new weapons/armor abilities being introduced as DLC, whether free or as part of a map pack?

You guys would like to spend money on skins? Damn
I don't

wwm0nkey

Since downloadable armor skins/pieces are assumed to be in Halo 4, how would you guys feel about new weapons being introduced as DLC, whether free or as part of a map pack?

They could introduce the new weapons via Spartan Ops and have it make sense as to why the weapons are now in MP, though that is probably stretching it.

For the record, I would ABSOLUTELY pay for DLC that added new armor (specifically helmets, but chestpieces, skins etc would be nice too if also included). I'm more than happy to be #partoftheproblem Lol

TheOddOne

Since downloadable armor skins/pieces are assumed to be in Halo 4, how would you guys feel about new weapons/armor abilities being introduced as DLC, whether free or as part of a map pack?
Terrible, people paying for more powerful items for the battlefield is something I despise.

Petrichor

For the record, I would ABSOLUTELY pay for DLC that added new armor (specifically helmets, but chestpieces, skins etc would be nice too if also included). I'm more than happy to be #partoftheproblem Lol

I object to armory packs but I wouldn't mind new armour varieties being bundled with map packs - would incentivise their purchase and ensure more of the community buys them.

Overdoziz

Banned
I honestly can't wait to get fucked over by random weapon drops. Random hills and oddball respawn locations never worked well in previous Halos, I can't see this work either. Yeah, it's really dynamic and that's great but I can already see teams undeservedly get an advantage just because a power weapon dropped nearby. Even with a 30 second warning timer one team will be in a better position to set up for it and the other team will be screwed over.

Show me dat MP vidoc

Gui_PT

I have to control what I spend my money on so I'd rather spend it on actual... things. Like maps and so on. You know, not worthless stuff

Even if I did have tons of money, I doubt I'd spend any of it on skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom