• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPI needs to make it in and HAYABUSA (no katana) would be great, Mainly interested on

Mark 4
Mark 5
ODST
Security

That said id love to see these two models make it in.

(click to make alot bigger)

Agreed. I particularly like the early rendition of the Halo Wars armor..the final rendition looks so akward.

Man, I remember how excited I was for Halo Wars when they showed it off. The game ended up being good, but man was everything Halo big then.

What I want to know, will there finally be DLC armor? Seems like something a lot of people want

I hope so. It would be cool if they added armor into map packs as a bonus, but I would still want to earn it.

No one saw those helmuts during a live stream. That was completely made up. It is a shame we weren't able to make that happen in Anniversary, but it was a learning experience.

You should definitely add the 'GRD' helmet be an unlockable in Halo 4.. Any chance you guys can talk about the armor that never was eventually?

Kuroyume

Banned
Why would you pay for weapon and armor skins etc? Do you change your armor that often enough to justify paying for more? Once I got the armor I wanted in the previous two games I never bothered to change it. Had they released an armor pack that contained a nice looking piece for 230ms points would I pay that ammount to use one piece within that pack? No. They should set up challaneges or weekend events down the line to reward people with extra armor, but paying for it seems ridiculous.

CyReN

Why would you pay for weapon and armor skins etc? Do you change your armor that often enough to justify paying for more? Once I got the armor I wanted in the previous two games I never bothered to change it. Had they released an armor pack that contained a nice looking piece for 230ms points would I pay that ammount to use one piece within that pack? No. They should set up challaneges or weekend events down the line to reward people with extra armor, but paying for it seems ridiculous.

People will pay that's why, I don't have the stats on Gears skin but I'm sure it made bank. Don't blame developers, blame the people buying.

heckfu

Banned
Just bit the bullet and preordered at Best Buy to get the lithograph. Will probably cancel it and go with Amazon for game-day delivery and that sweet Web skin.

TheOddOne

I mean more like an expansion, not necessarily better weapons, just more of them. Sort of akin to Battlefield 3's system, but on a smaller scale.
Putting maps and skins behind a pay wall, that I don’t mind at all. However putting weapons, perks and armor abilities behind a pay wall feels taking it a step too far, those things should be free. Let’s say they do it in expansion pack form, new maps, armor abilities, perks and weapons – a one-off whole package – then I would not mind it at all. Individual stuff just is a big no-no for me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Putting maps and skins behind a pay wall, that I don’t mind at all. However putting weapons, perks and armor abilities behind a pay wall feels taking it a step too far, those things should be free. Let’s say they do it in expansion pack form, new maps, armor abilities, perks and weapons – a one-off whole package – then I would not mind it at all. Individual stuff just is a big no-no for me.

If they were going to do it, I agree, that's how it should be done. What would be even better is if this stuff was free. I doubt it will be though.

FyreWulff

Do we have any more information on those summer playtests 343 was talking about doing?

They went into the same memory hole as the Reach Beta playlist returning.

No one saw those helmuts during a live stream. That was completely made up. It is a shame we weren't able to make that happen in Anniversary, but it was a learning experience.

Can you mention what killed it? Was it getting them to appear in campaign maps?
Any of them end up in Halo 4? :p

Playing Sierra 117 earlier today and I it reminded me of my questions regarding the implementation of AAs in Halo 4's campaign. Halo 3 handled equipment correctly by pushing them into a supporting role. Equipment supplemented the combat. It wasn't the main attraction. I hope AAs are in the same role.

kylej

Banned
The article is just conflating the existing idea that Halo 4 is an example competitive shooter. We have no specific arrangements or tech tying into their announcement beyond the pro match already aired.

We have no specific arrangements or tech tying into their announcement beyond the pro match already aired.

no specific arrangements or tech

Microsoft and 343 Industries are expected to showcase exclusive features for Halo 4 designed for this growing community.

te(1).gif

What I'd personally like to see is more reward armor. 1000 gamerscore? Sweet helmet. But I'd like to see it for some more difficult, obscure, or silly stuff, too. I can't think of any examples though.

I object to armory packs but I wouldn't mind new armour varieties being bundled with map packs - would incentivise their purchase and ensure more of the community buys them.

I'd be MORE than fine with this.

I'd pay for DLC helmets, chest pieces... don't really care about skins.

That's my preference as well (In that order).

A couple of reasons. For me, some of it comes down to fiction; as silly as it seems, when something like a new helmet gets added to the game, it's like a new piece of story (even if small) is added to the Halo Universe. I literally will flip through the armory in reach sometimes just perusing the little fiction blurbs that pop up for each armor piece. Don't even get me started on the armor pages in the Essential Visual Guide. I eat. that. shit. up. Absolutely adore it. I also have a "canon" Noble Six that I use for campaign. (NOT Mk.V (B) - That's for Thom; I go Pilot sans the toupee - Sabre Program). But I like changing it around and "roleplaying" as different Spartan III's in MP/Firefight. Adds a bit of story to me to the happenings around Reach+. Again, maybe it seems absurd to some, but it's this kind of thing that I love; immersion into my favorite universe's fiction. The more robust the armory, the more robust the experience. Again, that's just me.

Also, more pieces means more for the creative community as a whole to work with. Screenshot artists, Machinima makers... the more they have to work with, the better.

Obviously, there's only so much that can be fit into a game at launch, so I'm totally okay with having them add to it along and along post-launch, and am more than happy to pay for the effort of their talented artists and team.

FyreWulff

Before I forget, we're still looking for Anniversary map variants. Remakes for Classic (on Anniversary canvases), BTB variants, and Anniversary FFA, and I guess variants that work for other playlists are good but mostly for the Anni lists that are there.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Before I forget, we're still looking for Anniversary map variants. Remakes for Classic (on Anniversary canvases), BTB variants, and Anniversary FFA, and I guess variants that work for other playlists are good but mostly for the Anni lists that are there.

Wish I didn't suck at making maps so much.
Then again, that didn't stop the creators of most of the maps in matchmaking.
Bazinga

For the record ill buy ANY and ALL DLC relating to a halo title even if its just visor colours.
"You paid 100 microsoft points for a red visor then 100 more for a crimson one?!"

"There's a difference!"

Woorloog

Banned
Well, damn. I just saw The Dark Knight.
Just...
Well, damn.
It is kinda hard to say anything else.

I think i'll try to write LTTP about it tomorrow. Or something.

I have no idea why i wrote this here.

Well, damn. I just saw The Dark Knight.
Just...
Well, damn.
It is kinda hard to say anything else.

I think i'll try to write LTTP about it tomorrow. Or something.

I have no idea why i wrote this here.

I really dislike TDK so overrated IMO.

Sigh... reading such posts... I do not know how I should respond to this.

"Screw you stalker your #partoftheproblem" is the best response. Its not like i care. Content created after release is absolutely fine payment for services or work is a non issue. The real problem is paying for content already on the disc you paid for.

GhaleonEB

I hope that whatever ranking system they have, the experience component of it doesn't top out like Reach's. The last 3-4 ranks in Reach require insane amounts of cR; it would be more satisfying to have a few more to work through along the way. Been nearly four months since I last ranked up.

Prebuttal to the "ranks don't matter" reply: I like filling bars. The more bars I can fill, the better.

I found it to be a brilliant experience in the theater that becomes less and less interesting the more you think about it. More so than most summer action films, it requires the brain to turn off.

heckfu

Banned
For the record ill buy ANY and ALL DLC relating to a halo title even if its just visor colours.
I haven't landed on how I feel about aesthetic dlc. I understand both sides of the issue but it has nothing to do with the gameplay itself and if people want to spend money on it, I say go nuts.

TheOddOne

I hope that whatever ranking system they have, the experience component of it doesn't top out like Reach's. The last 3-4 ranks in Reach require insane amounts of cR; it would be more satisfying to have a few more to work through along the way. Been nearly four months since I last ranked up.

Prebuttal to the "ranks don't matter" reply: I like filling bars. The more bars I can fill, the better.
Suggestion: faster ranking up, but with the possibility to prestige.

ir91L8SrDNJhf.gif

Woorloog

Banned
I found it to be a brilliant experience in the theater that becomes less and less interesting the more you think about it. More so than most summer action films, it requires the brain to turn off.

Kinda why i intend to give it some time before i really write my thoughts about it.
There are a bunch of issues in it (aside from some unrealistic things which are a norm in film, some plot holes, more?).

One thing is sure, Ledger's performance as Joker is incredible.

This, in the cinema everything was great and fun but once i stepped out the cinema i felt.. empty and rewatching it has far from helped.

I enjoyed Begins more but i really dislike the way batman has been developed it just isnt the batman im used to and i cant shake the disappointment.

For me Marvel have hit the sweetspot on how to make superhero movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom