• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Looked up that ostrich video. So good.

ibz7FsWzgiPvQM.gif

That's an... interesting article.....

:(

catching an enemy off guard from the front can lead to a grisly close encounter.

I wonder where they got that from? That would never work, unless perhaps it was the killing blow anyway?

I disliked that article, I think they mispelled 'Aweful' as 'Awesome' in the title, autocorrect will do that to journalists who write up articles on they're phone. :p

Fracas

#fuckonami
Would've joined you, Ryan and co. but my connection's messing up. I get in the middle of a game, then i get a black screen, tells me everybody quit and puts me in a matchmaking lobby. No idea what it is, it's like my connection's skipping a beat or something. Does it while I'm browsing, too.

Would've joined you, Ryan and co. but my connection's messing up. I get in the middle of a game, then i get a black screen, tells me everybody quit and puts me in a matchmaking lobby. No idea what it is, it's like my connection's skipping a beat or something. Does it while I'm browsing, too.

Interesting, do you get disconnected everytime you get a phone call at home?

That happened to me a lot.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Interesting, do you get disconnected everytime you get a phone call at home?

That happened to me a lot.

Nope, don't have a home phone.

No idea what's causing it, maybe my router's starting to die? I'd hook up the 360 directly to the modem, but they're too far apart. I may do a hard reset of the router later, just reconfigure it.

Bobs' check your twitter.

Thanks!

monsterfracas call your ISP, I had that problem before but had to get my provider to sort it out. The problem was they were giving me more bandwidth that my line could handle lol. Bit of an odd problem to have, and it only happened when I first started using them. So it may not be relevant to you if you have been with them for a while, unless they upgraded your package, which could have happened.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Thanks!

monsterfracas call your ISP, I had that problem before but had to get my provider to sort it out. The problem was they were giving me more bandwidth that my line could handle lol. Bit of an odd problem to have, and it only happened when I first started using them. So it may not be relevant to you if you have been with them for a while, unless they upgraded your package, which could have happened.

I'm guessing I'll end up calling them. We've been with our ISP nearly a year though. Weird. Haven't upgraded our package either

I'm not going to lie, I'm watching Arnold's Last action hero right now.

Excellent movie, just made more amazing by the amount of cameos and Easter eggs throughout.

Before I go to sleep, I leave you with this:

What exactly is this.

It cant be requiem it also cannot be a halo we know since no planet exists in the centre of any of the visited halo's

I'm not going to lie, I'm watching Arnold's Last action hero right now.

Excellent movie, just made more amazing by the amount of cameos and Easter eggs throughout.

Talked the GF into watching PREDATOR earlier today, she didnt mind it. I was happy watching it such a great movie but the Blu Ray transfer is wonky at times.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Can someone make a GIF from the UNSC logo loading screen?

someone did, shortly after we saw that in video form. search the last OT for a post from me + "loading" and the gif is a couple pages after.

or, wait for re-post ;)

Redford

aka Cabbie
Only jerks drop images like that then hit the sack. Grrrrr...

---

Speaking of Bing I'm getting a strange feeling I should be downloading IE9...

I never posted on the Bungie forums and randomly got it, did play a lot of Halo 2 though. What a surprise to see when I got home from classes..

Me and a friend blew off going to the cinema to stay home and play it, i can remember it really well. No idea why i got it. Halo 2 maybe i did play a tonne of it. That or maybe cause i posted on bnet alot.

Anyway i expect my Halo 4 F&F code soon.

Check my PM's

Louis Wu

Anyone know where I can find a good Superintendent phone tone that I can use as a text tone. I can't find a good enough source to pull from and I really don't feel like editing some poor source in pro tools.
I know Stalker already gave you one that worked, but both the inbound and outbound ones are here:

http://halo.bungie.org/bwu/index.html?item=248

Scroll all the way down to the bottom. (Control-F for superintendent)

So...special effects blockbusters that play it extremely safe?

Say what you will about The Dark Knight, but at least Christopher Nolan is trying to do something progressive with the genre.

No movies that stay in keeping with the source material. Their is no dark twist to any of the marvel heroes really, and yes special effects and such are a big part of a superhero movie its about being absurd and over the top the majority of them have crazy abilities and thats a major part of superheros and comics and it should translate to other media.

Batman is the superhero exception being darker and on the edge of anti-hero but still fantasy is a huge part of batman and the nolan films remove this almost entirely.

I can overlook this but thats not the only issue. The film is plagued with issues which i dont really care enough to talk about and they are pretty well documented with a few google searches.

Its a good movie, its overrated its heralded as some genre defining cinematography master piece and its far from that. Vid

Nolan batman is full of Special effects and blockbuster ism's aswell.

Progressive maybe but Id much rather watch Marvels recent movies instead. Sometimes its okay to just want to see crazy stuff and care little about a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom