• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I'm still holding out hope that the medals will be redesigned like they were from Reach beta to launch. Pretty much the same length of time.

(hopefully Steitzer will have one more recording session too)

The more I watch, the less I like the Pistol's sounds. Maybe it's compression...

TCKaos

What I'd personally like to see is more reward armor. 1000 gamerscore? Sweet helmet. But I'd like to see it for some more difficult, obscure, or silly stuff, too. I can't think of any examples though.

I want to see some more armor unlock due to progress in previous games. But, y'know, make it relevant. Give people the relevant armor for completing the game on Legendary (Mark V for Anni, Mark VI for 3, Mark V for Reach). Give them nifty shit for 100%. MA5B skin for completing Anniversary, BR55 skin for completing Halo 3, Needle Rifle skin for Carbine for completing Reach or something, or the Reach DMR for the DMR. Or something.

Just something nifty, y'know?

It'd be cool if you could only get Recon for having the vidmasters completed or something.

I want to see some more armor unlock due to progress in previous games. But, y'know, make it relevant. Give people the relevant armor for completing the game on Legendary (Mark V for Anni, Mark VI for 3, Mark V for Reach). Give them nifty shit for 100%. MA5B skin for completing Anniversary, BR55 skin for completing Halo 3, Needle Rifle skin for Carbine for completing Reach or something, or the Reach DMR for the DMR. Or something.

It'd be cool if you could only get Recon for having the vidmasters completed or something.

Okay, this guy? Hire him. Hire him, take his ideas, and then fire him.

Edit: I am also down for halo tonight. I'm gonna be on tooling around on ODST in a little bit, so whenever the party gets goin' just shoot me an invite. Negative Austin.

FyreWulff

Considering the divorce, I wouldn't expect to see the Vidmasters referenced again.

Oozer3993

Got a invite.

M9REp.png

iLqtBFG0JHbl.gif

Before I go to sleep, I leave you with this:

During a fall down a wiki black hole this week, I remember reading something about the Halos having a fail safe that would send them around a planet, just like in that menu screen, that would lead to their destruction due to the gravity of the planet. I'd imagine that wouldn't be too good for the planet either. The source was either Cryptum or Primordium, but I haven't read either so I'm not sure if that's true or not.

P.S. I'm about to hop on Reach. If you need another soldier for your cause, send a invite my way.

Its a odd situation, i remember Epic saying they had issues reading Bulletstorm achievements i wonder if 343 will suffer the same issues.

Just in terms of achievements 343 should be ok, waypoint tracks all of them anyway. I still doubt we will see halo 3 achievements reward anything in 4, I just doubt they would go out of they're way to encourage playing the older games like that except maybe reach sadly, would be a nice way to reward the long term fans but a pretty big mountain for new players.

kylej

Banned
Gonna play lots of halo today. Lets get a party going. Invasion, achievements, everything your heart desires

wtf I thought you retired from Halo because of nerve damage? Such a BK. I'll be on in a bit after I shower, clear the scrubs out of the party before I join thank u

Just in terms of achievements 343 should be ok, waypoint tracks all of them anyway. I still doubt we will see halo 3 achievements reward anything in 4, I just doubt they would go out of they're way to encourage playing the older games like that except maybe reach sadly, would be a nice way to reward the long term fans but a pretty big mountain for new players.

If I had to pick ONE achievement to get an award, I'd say it should be A Monument to All Your Sins. Not too difficult, but not exactly easy, and definitely has to be earned.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Who's playing right now? Let me play a couple games by myself, make sure my connection's stable, and then I'll hop in

If I had to pick ONE achievement to get an award, I'd say it should be A Monument to All Your Sins. Not too difficult, but not exactly easy, and definitely has to be earned.

I agree so much with this statement. Great balance of difficulty. Speaking of which, I would love to know that there aren't competitive MP achievements at all. :p

Halo 4 campaign needs to be really really hard, i want to spend a few weeks trying to finish it on the hardest difficulty. Dont even tie achievements to it maybe just a emblem unlock or something
Foundation unlock?

Halo 4 campaign needs to be really really hard, i want to spend a few weeks trying to finish it on the hardest difficulty. Dont even tie achievements to it maybe just a emblem unlock or something
Foundation unlock?

I disagree. Hard, yes, but I want achievements in Campaign, not MP.

Edit: Nevermind. I agree.

Well at least I don't get your mixed up with you're

Yeay, lets devolve this into gammar and spelling.

Is your post out of context?

No, you quoted out of context. I said i wanted a harder difficulty that did not have achievements to it. The post you quoted from Karl was referring to something completely seperate and thus of a different context. That was about me saying i think TDK is overrated and id buy any and all DLC for Halo 4.

Gui_PT

Eh, if you really dislike my posts just set me to ignore.

It's not that I dislike your posts. It's that you react like a jerk because I misunderstood something.

First of all, i'm not from the UK or USA so it's understandable that sometimes, some of these sentences don't register in my brain exactly the way you meant them.

You started the sentence mentioning you wanted the Halo 4 campaign to be more difficult. Which means you meant the campaign in general.

But since I guess I read that wrong "hurr durr u no can read?"

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It's not that I dislike your posts. It's that you react like a jerk because I misunderstood something.

First of all, i'm not from the UK or USA so it's understandable that sometimes, some of these sentences don't register in my brain exactly the way you meant them.

You started the sentence mentioning you wanted the Halo 4 campaign to be more difficult. Which means you meant the campaign in general.

In Gui we trust.

Thats not the issue at all, This post. Most importantly the "the hell" part comes of as confrontational be it deliberate or not. I know your not a native english speaker but its not forefront of my mind at all times. I reacted as i would of with anyone. As you can see by reading the past few posts the post to post nature of conversation in GAF lately is argumentative and as such i was defensive.

I Apologize and i do like you Gui so lets just forget about it

I really like you're posts Stalker.

Really? can you drop this, im not going to start adding a "E" and Apostrophe when its clear what the intention of the word is based on the context of its usage

Karl2177

Yeay, lets devolve this into gammar and spelling.

No, you quoted out of context. I said i wanted a harder difficulty that did not have achievements to it. The post you quoted from Karl was referring to something completely seperate and thus of a different context. That was about me saying i think TDK is overrated and id buy any and all DLC for Halo 4.
And now not tying achievements to campaign. Honestly, I would only tie chievables to campaign, and maybe a few SpOps missions IF they were always available on disc. Otherwise get rid of all MP achievements and tie DLC achievements to SpOps DLC.

And now not tying achievements to campaign. Honestly, I would only tie chievables to campaign, and maybe a few SpOps missions IF they were always available on disc. Otherwise get rid of all MP achievements and tie DLC achievements to SpOps DLC.

That's not what i was saying. I was saying i would like a difficulty above legendary without any achievements tied to it. Something that will still show up to people who look but does not stop people achieving the full 1000G. SLASO is not really a option as it adds alot of stupid mechanics into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom