• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it stands for "Advanced Placement" in the USA.

Heh heh...

simpsons-nerd.gif

edit: Also, what Senador said.

I knead a weapon.

I meant to post this sooner, but I learned the following from the HBO random questions article/thread/sacredtablets that Wu posted earlier:

Personal drops are earned by reaching a score threshold - total kills without dying, total points without dying - but are progressively more difficult to earn (that is, the threshold for the second drop is higher than the first, and the third is higher than the second)

That means personal ordainednance drops are not nearly as cool as I thought they were. They still aren't as bad as kill streaks, but I wish they would drop for players that are getting assists/doubles/triples/UpstairsfromTashis in addition to dropping for players getting sprees/frenzies/riots.

I meant to post this sooner, but I learned the following from the HBO random questions article/thread/sacredtablets that Wu posted earlier:

That means personal ordainednance drops are not nearly as cool as I thought they were. They still aren't as bad as kill streaks, but I wish they would drop for players that are getting assists/doubles/triples/UpstairsfromTashis in addition to dropping for players getting sprees/frenzies/riots.
They do. The points you get for anything adds to your drop meter.

Gui_PT

HaloGAF, I just got back from Prometheus. I feel pretty mixed about it, leaning towards dislike. *sigh* I may need to go see it again. Maybe I missed some stuff concerning the plot.

:/ Why are you so inconsistent, Ridley Scott?!

-Are you a robot?

-10 minutes!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I saw it Friday, and again last night. I enoyed it a lot more the second time through, and was able to connect a lot of dots I had missed the first time through. Definitely a film that rewards repeat viewing, but it's still got warts a plenty. The script needed another pass.

I'm hoping it's a case of "Kingdom of Heavenitis."

Meaning there's a lot of it on the cutting room floor that we will get in a special edition.

At one point this thread was about Halo.

Big things have small beginnings.

That's what she said

They do. The points you get for anything adds to your drop meter.
Ok. That makes me feel better. I will probably enjoy the occasional Infinity Slayer game. Especially on a large vehicle map like Valhalla (right Ellis? Frankie? lurking bsangel?).

I'm hoping it's a case of "Kingdom of Heavenitis."

Meaning there's a lot of it on the cutting room floor that we will get in a special edition.
I haven't seen it yet, but I would bet money that you are right.

Edit:
Just did some goo gulling for reviews of Kingdom of Heaven and the knocks against that movie at the time it came out are very similar to what's being said about Prometheus now. Namely that it "felt cobbled-together" and had "characters that we aren't sure why we should care about them" and "plot holes" etc. You'd think Hollywood wouldn't make the guy chop up ANOTHER good movie just to fit into a predetermined number of minutes...but it's looking like they did.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ain't gonna be no Halo 7, we gon finish the fight in 6, eh.
Halo 7 is set 686 years into the future past. The Chief Master is your new character she is a Spartan XIV soldier from the United Alien Alliance. She wears Gold Armor with a Green Visor, her AI companion is Fenrir. I know all of this because of reasons.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Halo 7 is set 686 years into the future past. The Chief Master is your new character she is a Spartan XIV soldier from the United Alien Alliance. She wears Gold Armor with a Green Visor, her AI companion is Fenrir. I know all of this because of reasons.
subscribed.

senador

Banned

Would
play

Gui_PT

Scott has said that he's satisfied with the theatrical cut. Could still happen though, and I hope it does, but I'm not sure if a director's cut would fix the problems I have with the movie.

Only way to fix those problems would be to cut 1/3 of the movie. Which I doubt would happen

Scott has said that he's satisfied with the theatrical cut. Could still happen though, and I hope it does, but I'm not sure if a director's cut would fix the problems I have with the movie.

Well, then sadly it may just be a case of "old guy-itis". I'm still going to see it in the theater sometime this week.

Mister Chief: Attorney at Law for Windows mobile. Coming 2013.

EDIT:

Halo ODST Legendary 4 player co-op starting now aka watch hekfu fail.
www.twitch.tv/mastrbiggy

"I need to contact the Super Nintendo." :lol Watching your feed has made me realized how little time I've spent playing Halo campaigns in four-player co-op. I don't think I've done anything higher than with one other person in ODST. Interested to see how the first level handles four people.

kylej

Banned
jesus christ can we please make some of the existing playlists pair parties of 4 or 5 up with other full parties? It could not possibly be more boring to play game after game against guests. We're like 5 months from release and nobody plays this game anymore, make some actual substantial playlist changes good lord

jesus christ can we please make some of the existing playlists pair parties of 4 or 5 up with other full parties? It could not possibly be more boring to play game after game against guests. We're like 5 months from release and nobody plays this game anymore, make some actual substantial playlist changes good lord

I thought objective does that now?

Also laughed at the still expecting changes part.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey yalls, I wanna play some Halo in 30 minutes or so. GT = shanti 666.

Booties

Banned

We just got matched against a party of five

kylej

Banned
I thought objective does that now?

Also laughed at the still expecting changes part.

Yeah I need to get to Bungie levels of expectations like the rest of HaloGAF.

10 maps! Awesome!

No dedis? Who needs 'em!

Not 60fps? Who cares!

We just got matched against a party of five

We got matched against a party of 4 people for the first time tonight and collectively we went like +100.

GhaleonEB

I think I'd actually rather have linear ~10 mission sequence.

I'll be quite disappointed if that's what it is; at the least I'm hoping for some large missions to feature open/branching areas. After ODST, Reach felt like a step back; exploration and Halo fit together so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom