• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I post "your" instead of "you're" Over comments every time.

I know, your logic is pretty astounding though. Perhaps you should simply allow that logic to carry over to other words with that sound similar with different meanings like "for," four," and "fore."

Seems like you're simply making an excuse for poor grammar, but maybe I'm way off base. Plus this isn't even my conversation in the first place. The whole thing is a bit odd.

I know, your logic is pretty astounding though. Perhaps you should simply allow that logic to carry over to other words with that sound similar with different meanings like "for," four," and "fore."

Seems like your simply making an excuse for poor grammar, but maybe I'm way off base. Plus this isn't even my conversation in the first place. The whole thing is a bit odd.

Im not making any kind of excuse, My grammar and spelling really suck because im lazy and care very little about it. I figure 90% of what i post is readable and that's good enough.

Its such a non-issue to me but over obviously feels the need to call it out every time for some reason.

I'm very worried about competitive Halo. Before Halo 4 rolls around, the community really needs to sort it self out.

If Halo 4 doesn't make it to the circuit or does but with no stream, I could cry.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Pretty sure there will be an ordnance drop kill achievement for MP.

They don't really drop though, do they? Isn't it just a "flash" animation and it appears?

Im not making any kind of excuse, My grammar and spelling really suck because im lazy and care very little about it. I figure 90% of what i post is readable and that's good enough.

Its such a non-issue to me but over obviously feels the need to call it out every time for some reason.

Ok, all joking aside, that's something you should work on. When you try to make an intelligent post or critique another person, your poor grammar is going to show more than anything. Any intelligent point you were trying to make is immediately undercut by how uneducated you appear.

You should care about it, or most/a lot/some people won't take you seriously. Plus it's pretty embarrassing when non-native English speakers correct you, isn't it?

TCKaos

Just in terms of achievements 343 should be ok, waypoint tracks all of them anyway. I still doubt we will see halo 3 achievements reward anything in 4, I just doubt they would go out of they're way to encourage playing the older games like that except maybe reach sadly, would be a nice way to reward the long term fans but a pretty big mountain for new players.

Reduce the Gamed On Demand price for the older games before launch, advertise the ability to start them from Waypoint as well as their ability to unlock bonuses for Halo 4. Monies for Microsoft.

If none of it affects gameplay I don't see what the big problem would be. It's like a bad ass version of visual flair. At least you could get these without having to buy the various games at thirty different retailers...

That's not what i was saying. I was saying i would like a difficulty above legendary without any achievements tied to it. Something that will still show up to people who look but does not stop people achieving the full 1000G. SLASO is not really a option as it adds alot of stupid mechanics into the game.

For some reason, I completely understood what you were saying the first time. And I totally agree, btw. Having Achievements tied to Normal-Legendary, etc, and then having something like a Promethean Knight Avatar Helmet (complete with opening scary-face crazy skull) unlocking if you beat it (S/C)LASO. That would be cool.

And now, I want a Promethean Knight openey face helmet for my Avatar.

Overdoziz

Banned

Good Enough™

. Plus it's pretty embarrassing when non-native English speakers correct you, isn't it?

If it really bothered me then yes it would be, honestly its not. It is kind of annoying.

I should work on it but this thread and the entire internet is full of bad spelling and grammar its such a non-issue to me if its undermines my point then so be it.

If people want to think that I'm some uneducated pleb let them i simply do not care enough.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
If it really bothered me then yes it would be, honestly its not. It is kind of annoying.

I should work on it but this thread and the entire internet is full of bad spelling and grammar its such a non-issue to me if its undermines my point then so be it.

If people want to think that I'm some uneducated pleb let them i simply do not care enough.

I may be way off base here, but I take it you're extremely young.

Good Enough™

Unfortunately this is pretty spot on.

Personally I'd wait it out. English is changing all the time. Eventually you'll just be right!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
HaloGAF, I just got back from Prometheus. I feel pretty mixed about it, leaning towards dislike. *sigh* I may need to go see it again. Maybe I missed some stuff concerning the plot.

:/ Why are you so inconsistent, Ridley Scott?!

HaloGAF, I just got back from Prometheus. I feel pretty mixed about it, leaning towards dislike. *sigh* I may need to go see it again. Maybe I missed some stuff concerning the plot.

Hmm. I missed this entirely.

Unless someone is intentionally spelling bad (l1k3 dis yo) or is really typing like an absolute moron, being lax with grammar and the such shouldn't be such a big problem. Dismissing someone's opinion because of lack of commas and misplaced apostrophes is pretty petty.

I've yet to see someone get on Frankie's case about the same issue. HaloGAF as a whole is a decent community. So let's just get naked.

Unless someone is intentionally spelling bad (l1k3 dis yo) or is really typing like an absolute moron, being lax with grammar and the such shouldn't be such a big problem. Dismissing someone's opinion because of lack of commas and misplaced apostrophes is pretty petty.

I've yet to see someone get on Frankie's case about the same issue. HaloGAF as a whole is a decent community. So let's just get naked.

No, People should bag on me its what needs to happen, i deserve it.

No, People should bag on me its what needs to happen i deserve it.

Their are those who said this day would never come. Who are they to pay know?

I'm totally just joking around. I honestly don't read your posts any differently than I would with bobs' posts. That dude is right propah.

zap

No, People should bag on me its what needs to happen i deserve it.

Try reading over your post and correcting any mistakes you have made. It will improve your grammar and spelling substantially.

If you learn to use correct grammar and spelling in a casual setting such as this forum, you will find it much easier when you are writing emails/letters/applications for a job - that's where it will make a big difference!

It is = it's
Possessive = its
You are = you're
Possessive = your

To start you off :)

Try reading over your post and correcting any mistakes you have made. It will improve your grammar and spelling substantially.

If you learn to use correct grammar and spelling in a casual setting such as this forum, you will find it much easier when you are writing emails/letters/applications for a job - that's where it will make a big difference!

It is = it's
Possessive = its
You are = you're
Possessive = your

To start you off :)

I proof read everything official multiple times before i send it, Im just lazy with posting in a casual environment.

Booties

Banned
Will the high school drop outs and non English speaking people stop arguing about spelling in this thread, dax has a really important post about a movie I'd like to hear

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Will the high school drop outs and non English speaking people stop arguing about spelling in this thread, dax has a really important post about a movie I'd like to hear

It's not that important.

The movie was "good" but nothing more. It wasn't deep or scary, it was simply an enjoyable movie with a very thin/light plot that ties into the Alien universe/storyline.

If I were to rank it in terms of "Alien" movies it would go Alien>Aliens>Prometheus> then the rest of the garbage.

But I'll enjoy watching it again on DVD/Bluray.

GhaleonEB

I saw it Friday, and again last night. I enoyed it a lot more the second time through, and was able to connect a lot of dots I had missed the first time through. Definitely a film that rewards repeat viewing, but it's still got warts a plenty. The script needed another pass.

I saw it Friday, and again last night. I enoyed it a lot more the second time through, and was able to connect a lot of dots I had missed the first time through. Definitely a film that rewards repeat viewing, but it's still got warts a plenty. The script needed another pass.
I see what you did there, and there.

Booties

Banned
What's up with your stuff here, Kyle? Gonna play some real serious halo. No more customs tonight for me. Join if your ready. No greenhorns allowed.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well guys, going to get off for awhile. My connection's got some serious issues. If it seems to get any better I'll hop back on.

Also, who cares about grammar at all. Lol, this is GAF, not AP English.

I could care less about grammar.
QETTz.gif

Well guys, going to get off for awhile. My connection's got some serious issues. If it seems to get any better I'll hop back on.

Also, who cares about grammar at all. Lol, this is GAF, not AP English.

We use the actual plus symbol instead of using it's initial 'P'. A+ English.

I'm glad to help. Here all week.

Yeah, I'm going through the spoiler thread now. There's some stuff in there that's easy to miss on the first time through. I know some people who haven't seen it yet. I think I'll hitch a ride with them when they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom