• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be quite disappointed if that's what it is; at the least I'm hoping for some large missions to feature open/branching areas. After ODST, Reach felt like a step back; exploration and Halo fit together so well.
If the levels are like Halo(the level) or bigger, I am happy.

Goddamn that's an awesome shirt. Please get your online store going, 343! Untold riches await!
I am fighting this fight for a year. Now you are joining?

WolfGAF will lay waste to all those foolish enough to face us.

WolfGAF's first game:

mE0tW.png

If you will allow me, I will don the emblem of WolfGAF on that fateful night. I promise upon my honor I will not fail the brotherhood of wolves.

It's not about a single night. The wolves hunt every night, from this night, and all nights to come.

WolfGAF makes me chuckle.

Your mistakes are grave.

WolfGAF's first game:

mE0tW.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guaranteed to happen lol

heckfu

Banned
It's not about a single night. The wolves hunt every night, from this night, and all nights to come.

Your mistakes are grave.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guaranteed to happen lol

Am I still a part of WolfGAF even though I went back to a jersey avatar?

please remove my voice. gross. it sounds like i'm talking to myself since your audio doesn't record.

This wolf went on a little extended break after making objectionable posts on gaf, but finally has returned to bring more shame to the pack, lol.

Rewatched the Halo 4 campaign trailer again and noticed that the Didact's logo comes up three times during the live-action part:

I love this. I really hope that the Didact and/or Mendicant Bias play a larger role in this game - they're both really rich characters in the extended fiction that I felt haven't really gotten their light of day just yet. Especially since the Didact being in Halo 4 would absolutely intensify and expand the Master Chief's and Cortana's characters in very interesting ways. The whole idea of motivations being not entirely clear, or black and white is so damned appealing - just one of the things that gets me so excited for not only Halo 4, but the potential of the new Reclaimer trilogy altogether.

Stupid, smelly, scruffy, scum. Surround me

How would Halo 4's campaign make things really difficult at a "higher than Legendary, but aside from skulls" way? I've been trying to come up with something, but am having a tough time.

monome

I love this. I really hope that the Didact and/or Mendicant Bias play a larger role in this game - they're both really rich characters in the extended fiction that I felt haven't really gotten their light of day just yet. Especially since the Didact being in Halo 4 would absolutely intensify and expand the Master Chief's and Cortana's characters in very interesting ways. The whole idea of motivations being not entirely clear, or black and white is so damned appealing - just one of the things that gets me so excited for not only Halo 4, but the potential of the new Reclaimer trilogy altogether.

Going from Bornstellar to grumpy-voice Didact is hard to swallow.
Cryptum got me more interested in playing as a badass forerunner, and the techier Spartan IV suits are more too my liking than good old tanky Spartans II.

That said th Chief makes for a strong protagonist, especially moving on with Humanity discovering
they were devolved and are just half on the path to reclaiming their previous glory. Just imagine controlling the Chief through ancient humans colonies with traces of unknown yet familar glory. Mix of Forerunner techiness with familiar human environments and patterns (remember the asian looking (human?) citadels from Halo Origins ODST short).

Voltron, Domino, David and I playing Spartan Ops in the background. David dared us to get an assassination on the Knight on legendary and I totally pulled it off. No hologram either. So rewarding! http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381644/halo-4-waypoint-community-event

Also, Halo is back.

Man, look how fucking great Haven looks... Seriously. That's some Halo 2 level simplicity and flow. I want to lick it.

Going from Bornstellar to grumpy-voice Didact is hard to swallow.
Cryptum got me more interested in playing as a badass forerunner, and the techier Spartan IV suits are more too my liking than good old tanky Spartans II.

That said th Chief makes for a strong protagonist, especially moving on with Humanity discovering
they were devolved and are just half on the path to reclaiming their previous glory. Just imagine controlling the Chief through ancient humans colonies with traces of unknown yet familar glory. Mix of Forerunner techiness with familiar human environments and patterns (remember the asian looking (human?) citadels from Halo Origins ODST short).

I wonder if Halo 2's Delta Halo's structures are somewhat related. Either way, that type of deep fictional tie is so palpable.

That Halo 4 title screen pic is real, right?

You got Halo(s) in Halo 4.

I don't know why either of those things are there. Is that planet Requiem? It doesn't look like it - is it the "Forge" from the Ark? What about the thing that looks like a teardrop asteroid? The implications of a Halo installation being in 4 are ridiculous to me.

monome

I don't know why either of those things are there. Is that planet Requiem? It doesn't look like it - is it the "Forge" from the Ark? What about the thing that looks like a teardrop asteroid? The implications of a Halo installation being in 4 are ridiculous to me.

No idea, but the Chief has a long history of popping where Halos are, and blowing stuff.
So that screen kinda makes sense.

I think I have the worst spelling and grammar on here, and I can honestly say it doesn't matter. Sometimes it's smarter to quickly put text out there and as long as the message is clear who cares. For the record I'm about stalkers age, but I know many people across the spectrum of age and experience who would say the same thing. I mean the people I work with are on crazy money and I'm willing to bet if they let spelling and grammar slow them down they wouldn't be as quick at what mattered.

It especially shouldn't matter on a video game forum lol

Also shut up Elzar

Don't make me show them your text messages! :p

Shadders

That Halo 4 title screen pic is real, right?

You got Halo(s) in Halo 4.

It's real, it was shown in the GameSpot live demo. Possibly unintentionally.

If it really bothered me then yes it would be, honestly its not. It is kind of annoying.

I should work on it but this thread and the entire internet is full of bad spelling and grammar its such a non-issue to me if its undermines my point then so be it.

If people want to think that I'm some uneducated pleb let them i simply do not care enough.

Regarding this whole grammar business, I don't really care one way or the other how you craft your posts on here, but I will chuck out this piece of advice. As part of my job I have to review CVs (résumés if you're in the US), the positions that I am looking to fill are extremely popular, we're talking a minimum of 500 applications per vacancy. The first thing I do is filter out those with spelling and grammar mistakes, one misplaced or missing apostrophe and you're out.

Now I know you say you take care to proofread official documents, but wouldn't it be much better to habitually use correct English as opposed to having to switch it on when it matters? Wouldn't that make you less likely to make a mistake or miss something?

I'm always more than happy for people to correct my grammar, because there's always new nuances of the language to learn. There's no need to get defensive, just listen to the criticism, take it on board and don't make the same mistake again.

Voltron, Domino, David and I playing Spartan Ops in the background. David dared us to get an assassination on the Knight on legendary and I totally pulled it off. No hologram either. So rewarding! http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381644/halo-4-waypoint-community-event

Also, Halo is back.

Game looks great. Still, the 5+ shots to kill may be a deal breaker for me. You can have the game be silky smooth and have fast paced motion, but what's the point if players are still stuck in never ending volleys of gunfire? Kind of counter intuitive in my opinion and defeats the whole point of having faster movement.

The 3-shot pistol really defined Halo for me, and then Halo2 took that away by extending the BR to 4 shots. Halo3 ruined that even further by adding spread to the equation and then Reach barfed on Halo3 by making things 5 shots and adding bloom. I just don't get the appeal. Where are devs going with this crap? For real... Not understanding why 343 was willing to make instant respawns, but not okay with what was the traditional 3-4 shots to kill. It's the complete anti-halo imo and it will continue to make the power weapons more powerful than they need to be.

I laughed
groaned
at the end of the video where the dude with the pistol had to reload. Dat 8 bullet clip is baller!

That was the title screen I saw when they demoed the game. When asked about it, 343 said they couldn't comment.

Perhaps it is Charum Hakkor...
They have said that the majority of the game's campaign takes place on Requiem, but seriously, there could quite easily be a portal or something.
"I will not allow you to leave this planet"
Cortana to the Didact.
Didact plans to visit Charum Hakkor for
buggered if I know
, and then the game ends with a cliffhanger leading in to Halo 5... [He probably needs another weapon]

HOLY SHIT, DUDE!!!

What the fuck are you up to, 343? :')
My brain is leaking out my ears right now. So many questions. So little answers.

They have said that the majority of the game's campaign takes place on Requiem, but seriously, there could quite easily be a portal or something.
"I will not allow you to leave this planet"
Cortana to the Didact.
Didact plans to visit Charum Hakkor for
buggered if I know
, and then the game ends with a cliffhanger leading in to Halo 5... [He probably needs another weapon]

I just died. Seriously, if this game is going to be as rich as a cheesecake from a lore perspective, like you're suggesting, I will bow down to 343.

Campaign, guys.

wwm0nkey

Calling it now, the near ending that 343 talked about during Conan will be the Infinity and the Chief heading to the very first ring near Charum Hakkor.

I just died. Seriously, if this game is going to be as rich as a cheesecake from a lore perspective, like you're suggesting, I will bow down to 343.

Campaign, guys.
Think this through... Typing as I think, this may not make any sense.
The Infinity must leave Requiem safely, as we know Spartan Ops occurs after the campaign, aboard the Infinity. This leads me to think that the chief will somehow assist in getting them back into space. The damn ship is over 3km/3miles long (I've heard both, either way, it's huge). Gravity is a bitch. If there's a portal in the center of the Dyson sphere, then it makes a bit of sense to me that the Infinity, the Chief and the Didact both seek to activate it. I think the Didact obviously knows it leads to Hakkor, as he has been their presumably twice or more. If the Didact IS an enemy, we could end up with a situation like Halo CE, where the Covenant and the PoA survivors have relatively similar goals, but still fight each other, due to whatever reason...
This may explain what the Covenant are after, perhaps? Or even what the Blue Prometheans are? Defending Requiem from the Forerunners under the influence of the Didact [orange]... I don't know. My mind is full of blam right now.

Calling it now, the near ending that 343 talked about during Conan will be the Infinity and the Chief heading to the very first ring near Charum Hakkor.
Good call. I'm with you on that.

wwm0nkey

What I really hope we see out of anything is the Didact getting a new body rather than that ball. The Didact pretty much needs to looks bad ass.

TheOddOne

The Infinity is build off re-engineered Forerunner technology. Maybe that is the reason that The Didact let the Infinity crash on Requiem, which could mean that the purpose of the ship in the story could be bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom