• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I really hope we see out of anything is the Didact getting a new body rather than that ball. The Didact pretty much needs to looks bad ass.
THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!

The Infinity is build off re-engineered Forerunner technology. Maybe that is the reason that The Didact let the Infinity crash on Requiem, which could mean that the purpose of the ship in the story could be bigger.
Didact obviously caused the Infinity to crash on Requiem, that's a given. Cortana says to John, "we know where he's heading"... Which to me sounds like they have encountered each other earlier, probably after the Didact pulled the FuD into Requiem. Perhaps even as early as the second mission. I think all the communication between John and the Didact would be through Cortana. Perhaps the Didact is gathering resources to build a new ship, or create a body.
Two (1.5) UNSC ships...
FuD damaged beyond repair...
Infinity, presumably relatively in tact. We can assume Forerunner tech would be involved in mending it, as the UNSC have no other resources.

I don't know. But hell that menu got me thinking.

It's a Cryptum. He'll probably step outside and be all like "Come at me, Chief."

And Chief will be like...

tumblr_llmmwkn3II1qdswrbo1_500.gif

Think this through... Typing as I think, this may not make any sense.
The Infinity must leave Requiem safely, as we know Spartan Ops occurs after the campaign, aboard the Infinity. This leads me to think that the chief will somehow assist in getting them back into space. The damn ship is over 3km/3miles long (I've heard both, either way, it's huge). Gravity is a bitch. If there's a portal in the center of the Dyson sphere, then it makes a bit of sense to me that the Infinity, the Chief and the Didact both seek to activate it. I think the Didact obviously knows it leads to Hakkor, as he has been their presumably twice or more. If the Didact IS an enemy, we could end up with a situation like Halo CE, where the Covenant and the PoA survivors have relatively similar goals, but still fight each other, due to whatever reason...
This may explain what the Covenant are after, perhaps? Or even what the Blue Prometheans are? Defending Requiem from the Forerunners under the influence of the Didact [orange]... I don't know. My mind is full of blam right now.

I heard somewhere (in an interview I think) that the Covenant came to Requiem because they heard/learned that one of their gods lived there. Of course, their gods indicated a forerunner. That's even more evidence for the Didact appearing in the game.

I heard somewhere (in an interview I think) that the Covenant came to Requiem because they heard/learned that one of their gods lived there. Of course, their gods indicated a forerunner. That's even more evidence for the Didact appearing in the game.
I think I heard that too...

Refresh my memory, the Installation that was fired near Charum Hakkor was not part of the final Array (the 7 that exist in the 26th century), right? It was used for testing...

What's a Halo trilogy without Halo rings?

Edit: Covenant... I'm just going to assume until I have a better idea that they still believe in the Great Journey, or some twisted version of it. They'll want to find another Halo ring as well.
I wonder where Mendicant Bias and the Librarian tie into this?

I think I heard that too...

Refresh my memory, the Installation that was fired near Charum Hakkor was not part of the final Array (the 7 that exist in the 26th century), right? It was used for testing...

What's a Halo trilogy without Halo rings?

Edit: Covenant... I'm just going to assume until I have a better idea that they still believe in the Great Journey, or some twisted version of it. They'll want to find another Halo ring as well.
I wonder where Mendicant Bias and the Librarian tie into this?

I think we're fighting a religious section of the Covenant in Halo 4. The elites have been in a civil war when Halo 4 takes place so I don't think it's much of a stretch so say the religious nuts faced off against the elites that wanted to work together with humanity. And since these religious elites still believe in the great journey, your theory of them wanting to find another Halo ring could very well work.

I thought Charum Hakkor was (Cryptum spoiler, kinda)
Earth.

That's Erde Tyrene. Charum Hakkor is
the planet that was obliterated by the first Halo firing, and the centre of the Human-San Shyuum empire. It also held the Timeless One (the last surviving Precursor) as a prisoner, and was a site of great importance to the Precursors.

TheOddOne

Didact obviously caused the Infinity to crash on Requiem, that's a given. Cortana says to John, "we know where he's heading"... Which to me sounds like they have encountered each other earlier, probably after the Didact pulled the FuD into Requiem. Perhaps even as early as the second mission. I think all the communication between John and the Didact would be through Cortana. Perhaps the Didact is gathering resources to build a new ship, or create a body.
That sounds like a pretty good theory. He could indeed be using Infinity’s Forerunner tech to build a ship or a new body. If I had to pick, I would guess he is building a new ship – because getting off the planet would be a top priority rather than rebuilding his body. If he rebuilds his body then and there, how would he get off the planet? He could rather easily first build a ship and go to another place to rebuild his body.

My guess is that, if Spartan Ops takes place six months after the events of Halo 4, Chief and The Didact must have left the planet by then. Which means we will be planet hopping a lot for the sequels, seeing as Chief could be hunting him.

monome

That was the title screen I saw when they demoed the game. When asked about it, 343 said they couldn't comment.

Perhaps it is Charum Hakkor...

What I really hope we see out of anything is the Didact getting a new body rather than that ball. The Didact pretty much needs to looks bad ass.

Dat avatar you got.

Dat Didact.

That said if the Didact is weak to the point of needing a Human ship (with a pinch of forerunner tech), he's clearly in dire need of help for whatever his purpose is
kicking some Precursor's ass

Also a Cryptum kept him alive the first time around, why would he need a new body? He never actually needed a new one, it was Bornstellar who needed a mentor.

Finally Charum Hakkor, as well as other Prime Humans planets, would fucking rock. Can't be much longer before Humanity discovers its dark past.

And don't forget the Librarian. Why would the Didact's cryptum be separated from hers?
so we have multicolored AIs
. There is probably an unlocking "thing" which makes the Reclaimer important to the Didact.

As for the action taking place on Requiem only, well if I don't get to ride a Sphinx right in Halo 4, Halo 5 will have to immensely compensate.
And the story needs to open up before the end, so a little Halo to drive momentum towards a more far reaching threat than angry Didact is fine by me.

wwm0nkey

Dat avatar you got.

Dat Didact.

That said if the Didact is weak to the point of needing a Human ship (with a pinch of forerunner tech), he's clearly in dire need of help for whatever his purpose is
kicking some Precursor's ass

Also a Cryptum kept him alive the first time around, why would he need a new body? He never actually needed a new one, it was Bornstellar who needed a mentor.

Finally Charum Hakkor, as well as other Prime Humans planets, would fucking rock. Can't be much longer before Humanity discovers its dark past.

And don't forget the Librarian. Why would the Didact's cryptum be separated from hers?

As for the action taking place on Requiem only, well if I don't get to ride a Sphinx right in Halo 4, Halo 5 will have to immensely compensate.
And the story needs to open up before the end, so a little Halo to drive momentum towards a more far reaching threat than angry Didact is fine by me.

He needs a shiny new robot body to match his army is why! (I actually want to know why these "prometheans" are robotic now rather than Forerunner)

Will be awesome to see a Forerunner though, even if he is going to kick out asses.

monome

I actually want to know why these "prometheans" are robotic now rather than Forerunner

warrior-class AIs?!
Sentinels as Dustbots and GuiltySpark(s) as Butlerbots.

and good luck to the cinematic team at 343i to make room for 4m tall guy in their cutscenes.

wwm0nkey

warrior-class AIs?!
Sentinels as Dustbots and GuiltySpark(s) as Butlerbots.

and good luck to the cinematic team at 343i to make room for 4m tall guy in their cutscenes.

Yeah but it seems like these are not your normal A.I's and the Knights have skulls in them. Seems like something turned them all into Cybermen lol

monome

monome

Hey they can be 13 feet tall and have small-ish heads! Even if they are not Forerunner in nature what the fuck skulls are they using?

well. The Master Builder had a good time with humans, and those came in different form factors at the time, and it would be a nice tease towards the Composer being involved.

Forerunners would likely not desacrate their kins' bodies. It can be those skulls are forunners, yet I would have supposed being a giant meant having a proportionate head...still they are aliens and I never supposed they would be represented as glorified tech greek gods.

wwm0nkey

well. The Master Builder had a good time with humans, and those came in different form factors at the time, and it would be a nice tease towards the Composer being involved.

Forerunners would likely not desacrate their kins' bodies. It can be those skulls are forunners, yet I would have supposed being a giant meant having a proportionate head...still they are aliens and I never supposed they would be represented as glorified tech greek gods.

Hmmm true, Faber and The Composer could just be the biggest ass holes in the galaxy and be using humans for these new creations.

Also FINALLY THERE IS GOOD LORE DISCUSSION!

Primordium/Anniversary spoiler:
Blue = Guilty Spark. In Anniversary's terminals we discover that every monitor of each installation has an unique color. Spark has the color blue.
The thought that Cortana would lead the Prometheans is stupid in my opinion. In Halo: Legends - Origin Part 2 we see the relationship between her and the Master Chief. He is everything for her and she is everything for him(e.g. Halo 3). Why should she want to hurt the Chief? The only reason is to protect him. Librarian would never harm humans. We know she has a preferences for us. In the Original Halo-Trilogy (Halo 1-3), Guilty Spark is trying to do everything to achieve his goal. I do not think he will be friendly now.

The Halo-ring is definitely Installation 07. It has a special meaning in the lore since Halo: Primordium. It is the grave of the Primordial. The place of the Composer.

The Didact is confirmed to be in the game because of the trailer. The orb is his Cryptum. He has not unleashed himself from the Cryptum yet. He let the Infinity crash on Requiem not because of the Forerunner technology. He did the same thing like Guilty Spark had done with the Autumn at the beginning of Halo 1. He scanned it. Discovered that the ship contains Humans. Let it in.

The post is not really detailed. But these are my assumption which will be wrong this fall. But hey, let me dream.

Edit.: Orb thing in the trailer is confirmed to be a Cryptum because the artwork is titled as Cryptum. :)

Blue = Guilty Spark. In Anniversary's terminals we discover that every monitor of each installation has an unique color. Spark has the color blue.
The thought that Cortana would lead the Prometheans is stupid in my opinion. In Halo: Legends - Origin Part 2 we see the relationship between her and the Master Chief. He is everything for her and she is everything for him(e.g. Halo 3). Why should she want to hurt the Chief? The only reason is to protect him. Librarian would never harm humans. We know she has a preferences for us. In the Original Halo-Trilogy (Halo 1-3), Guilty Spark is trying to do everything to achieve his goal. I do not think he will be friendly now.

The Halo-ring is definitely Installation 07. It has a special meaning in the lore since Halo: Primordium. It is the grave of the Primordial. The place of the Composer.

The Didact is confirmed to be in the game because of the trailer. The orb is his Cryptum. He has not unleashed himself from the Cryptum yet. He let the Infinity crash on Requiem not because of the Forerunner technology. He did the same thing like Guilty Spark had done with the Autumn at the beginning of Halo 1. He scanned it. Discovered that the ship contains Humans. Let it in.

The post is not really detailed. But these are my assumption which will be wrong this fall. But hey, let me dream.

Edit.: Orb thing in the trailer is confirmed to be a Cryptum because the artwork is titled as Cryptum. :)

That's certainly an interesting theory. Guilty Spark playing a part in Halo 4 is certainly plausible - although, it would be difficult to explain how he came back after destroying him in Halo 3. Why not have 343 GS play a part in the game? I mean, the studio is called 343 Industries after all.

wwm0nkey

That's certainly an interesting theory. Guilty Spark playing a part in Halo 4 is certainly plausible - although, it would be difficult to explain how he came back after destroying him in Halo 3. Why not have 343 GS play a part in the game? I mean, the studio is called 343 Industries after all.

Spoiler:
There is another 343 out there that has memories of being a human

monome

She's fuck nut crazy.
but we know GS² is looking for the Librarian and extended fiction is extended but I think GS² is Halo 4 confirmed seing how Halo 5 is so far away. And what's the point of hiding the Librarian once the Didact is in. She may not be on Requiem, but that would make Halo 5 a treasure island type of story where you need to find here, whereas in Halo 4 she will make the story progress so much by introducing Humans to their past, and their future ;-)

That's my first Bulletin Board orgasm.

Everybody needs somebody, tululu...

monome

I bet you there will be a "here lets explain this shit" CG movie before you start the game.

And I will love every second of it.
Most probably it will be distilled within the Forward Unto Dawn episodes. The prospect of following a space cadet into manhood is great, but seing live action Chief butchery following the Halo 1-3 events is better.

TheOddOne

Why should she want to hurt the Chief? The only reason is to protect him. Librarian would never harm humans. We know she has a preferences for us.
Rampancy of Cortana could play a factor, even with their bond she might not able to control herself. She could even be manipulated by the Didact. Her hurting Chief would not be such a far fetched idea.

I bet you there will be a "here lets explain this shit" CG movie before you start the game.

I suppose... I just think it would be kinda disappointing to people that 343 would be the antagonist again in 4, after he was the final boss in 3.

I like his whole relationship with the Librarian, and hope they touch on that more, I just can't imagine him being in control of the blue Promethean AIs.

monome

Rampancy of Cortana could play a factor, even with their bond she might not able to control herself. She could even be manipulated by the Didact. Her hurting Chief would not be such a far fetched idea.

Still, she lives inside a chip/ship, that makes her somewhat easily explodable and not that big of a threat but more of a high stake moral/personnal decision to the Chief.
Mass Effect choice :
1/ blow ship, end friendship.
2/ blowjob, start "friendship".
sorry, i'm a perv'...

Composer + Cortana is a big story pusher, and makes goddamn sense, especially towards the metaphysical elements Bear distilles throughout his fictions, and the all "what the hell do Precursors want".
creating then destroying civilisations is a bit childish for a millenia old race

Still, she lives inside a chip/ship, that makes her somewhat easily explodable and not that big of a threat but more of a high stake moral/personnal decision to the Chief.
Mass Effect choice :
1/ blow ship, end friendship.
2/ blowjob, start "friendship".
sorry, i'm a perv'...

Composer + Cortana is a big story pusher, and makes goddamn sense.

It definitely does. Just imagining a reverse situation where either Cortana survives rampancy, or where Cortana manifests herself in a body of sorts.

monome

It definitely does. Just imagining a reverse situation where either Cortana survives rampancy, or where Cortana manifests herself in a body of sorts.

hopefully none of the above, but something "surprising", something grand to make Halo a worthy of the Greats fiction.
In Bear I trust. He should know his work on Halo will be his most potent one, in that it will live outside of books and hopefully after he has retired. Bring it all, I'm ready for
mountains of
madness
levels of importance of the Halo's fiction on the next wave of fictions... No way it's gonna happen...

Calling it now, the near ending that 343 talked about during Conan will be the Infinity and the Chief heading to the very first ring near Charum Hakkor.
How do you know the first ring is at Charum Hakkor? As far as I remember, Primordium doesn't spell out where the rings were placed.
They have said that the majority of the game's campaign takes place on Requiem, but seriously, there could quite easily be a portal or something.
"I will not allow you to leave this planet"
Cortana to the Didact.
Didact plans to visit Charum Hakkor for
buggered if I know
, and then the game ends with a cliffhanger leading in to Halo 5... [He probably needs another weapon]
How do you know she was saying that to the Didact? I got the impression she was talking to the Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom