• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of ODST, I'd really like to know how Halo 4 is structured. ~10 missions in sequence, or are there hub elements?

I'd put my money on a linear, ten-mission structure. Something like a hubworld, I feel, would be announced before the game comes out (E3 would've been the place to do it) because it's a format that hasn't been tried before in a "main" Halo game and has not been experimented too much. You said "hub elements" though, which to me doesn't imply an improvement upon ODST's hubworld. Something elmental of that, I think, would be better suited as a surprise to players because it's not as big of a part to the game.

I'd love to be wrong.

senador

Banned
I'll be quite disappointed if that's what it is; at the least I'm hoping for some large missions to feature open/branching areas. After ODST, Reach felt like a step back; exploration and Halo fit together so well.

I can't see a hub-esque mission structure working, and maybe that's the problem for me. ODST worked from having multiple characters and experiencing what they did through flashback type missions. Halo 4 won't have that, and would suck if it did since its the return of Chief, and I don't see how it could work another way. Telling a story in a non linear hub where you choose what to experience next just doesn't seem like it would be effective. Plus, linear missions are Halo tradition. I just hope for good flow, and large and open missions CE style. I expect we'll get that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finally started to download the Halo 4 vids on my 360. It's direct feed footage, right? Or is it just the snippet from the conference?

senador

Banned
Finally started to download the Halo 4 vids on my 360. It's direct feed footage, right? Or is it just the snippet from the conference?

Campaign stuff? Part 1 is the live action bit, part 2 is the gameplay demo. Direct high quality stuff. Its absolutely awesome on the 360.

Playing some Co-op LASO right now for the weekly, Tip of the Spear. Man... hardest part so far is the on-rails Falcon segment. We can't get past it whatsoever. It's kinda broken.

TheOddOne

Swag of E3 2012:
shirt_halo-4.jpg

HALO 4. They passed this one out at a special Halo after-hours event. Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk got them. We just have no idea what it means.

senador

Banned
Should be campaign. Do you get a better taste of the audio from it?

Oh yes, crank that shit up.

This brings up an interesting point though. I need to watch again, but the BR in the campaign demo and the BR in the MLG vids sound different. Sounds better in MLG vids I though. Different build I imagine?

Fracas

#fuckonami
If 343's pulling people/events/etc from the extended fiction, there really needs to be some kind of catch up video before you start campaign. There's going to be a ton of people (myself included, really) that have no idea who the Didact/Master Builder/Librarian are.

senador

Banned
If 343's pulling people/events/etc from the extended fiction, there really needs to be some kind of catch up video before you start campaign. There's going to be a ton of people (myself included, really) that have no idea who the Didact/Master Builder/Librarian are.

They've said you won't have to have read or experienced those things to understand the story, they'll just add to it if you have.

I thought objective does that now?

Also laughed at the still expecting changes part.

I think they did have it, but when they foolishly moved it to 5v5, it appears they reduced the weighting of that, which is absurd of course.

NA6qq.gif

Just kidding. ODST is a blast in co-op, especially just wandering the city. But the game is totally meant to be played alone.

ODST is the one Halo campaign that I refuse to play co-op. Never have, never will. It just doesn't make any damn sense to me, that game is made by the lonely journey through the war torn city.

No hub world. This aint fuckin' Metroid

Frankie pls

But it is Metroid, and that is a beautiful thing.

senador

Banned
I'm just reading the bulletin now... I had no idea the Halo 4 E3 demo was being played! That's pretty interesting, I really thought it was a pre-done video. I'm super glad they didn't pan out to show Josh's hands a billion times like they did for every other demo.

343i really needs to incorporate a ranking system similar to 2 or 3. I find it so sad that i have played 12k+ matches for both halo 2 and 3, and I don't think I broke 2000 matches for Halo Reach.

I want to play Halo again like I did in the past, but I need an incentive. Once I know rank doesn't matter it is hard for me to stay competitive.

Their are those who said this day would never come. Who are they to pay know?

I'm totally just joking around. I honestly don't read your posts any differently than I would with bobs' posts. That dude is right propah.

I think I have the worst spelling and grammar on here, and I can honestly say it doesn't matter. Sometimes it's smarter to quickly put text out there and as long as the message is clear who cares. For the record I'm about stalkers age, but I know many people across the spectrum of age and experience who would say the same thing. I mean the people I work with are on crazy money and I'm willing to bet if they let spelling and grammar slow them down they wouldn't be as quick at what mattered.

It especially shouldn't matter on a video game forum lol

Also shut up Elzar

zap

I think I have the worst spelling and grammar on here, and I can honestly say it doesn't matter. Sometimes it's smarter to quickly put text out there and as long as the message is clear who cares. For the record I'm about stalkers age, but I know many people across the spectrum of age and experience who would say the same thing. I mean the people I work with are on crazy money and I'm willing to bet if they let spelling and grammar slow them down they wouldn't be as quick at what mattered.

It especially shouldn't matter on a video game forum lol

Also shut up Elzar

1KLq5.gif

I'm done

But I really have high hopes for the new Waypoint website when Halo 4 arrives. It NEEDS to be at least as good as Bnet. It's so terrible right now, I would check my stats on Bungie's site all the time, but now that it's at the buggy/slow Waypoint, I just can't be bothered.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Guys, guys, I have an idea:

Waypoint's site is down...because they're prepping stat tracking for the Halo 4 beta that launches tomorrow.

Frank said that on Monday we would have to choose. Maybe he was talking about today!

not serious, just to be clear

Isn't Blops 2 a week later? Still, that's way too close.

Also, no way in hell am I buying Black Ops 2 lol. It looks really rough.

Yes, I think it is.

Not too close, both BF3 and Skyrim were released on opposite ends of MW3, and they both sold extremely sell (BF3 has reported over 12M units sold). Plenty of room for everything good to sell in November.

I'm done

But I really have high hopes for the new Waypoint website when Halo 4 arrives. It NEEDS to be at least as good as Bnet. It's so terrible right now, I would check my stats on Bungie's site all the time, but now that it's at the buggy/slow Waypoint, I just can't be bothered.

Good luck on the stat tracking being as good as Bnet for Reach. Waypoint is currently light years behind.

Isn't Blops 2 a week later? Still, that's way too close.

Also, no way in hell am I buying Black Ops 2 lol. It looks really rough.

Honestly, it actually looked pretty good. It's trying something new, the graphics look way better than they usually do in Treyarch's CoDs, and it'll be sure to have a lot of unique guns.

But two words: Franchise fatigue. I'm sick of CoD. A lot of people are. Blops 2 isn't going to break sales records like past releases. It will sell well, sure, but, and this is an unbiased opinion, I think Halo is poised to make a comeback here.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yes, I think it is.

Not too close, both BF3 and Skyrim were released on opposite ends of MW3, and they both sold extremely sell (BF3 has reported over 12M units sold). Plenty of room for everything good to sell in November.

I wonder how much Halo 4's population's going to dip when Blops 2 launches. I'm also excited for the midnight launch of Halo 4, it's my first Halo launch where I have Live.

edit: Haha, that was almost completely unrelated to your post.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Apparently Blops 2's loadout system is different. You now get a total of 10 "weapon" points or what have you, and you use those points to build a loadout comprised of perks and weapons, each with their own cost. So now you can run around with a pistol and like 5 perks.

HOW IS THAT FUN

1KLq5.gif

I'm done

Type on my phone that thing has a mind of its own and I don't really care enough to correct it as I said it just doesn't matter

Apparently Blops 2's loadout system is different. You now get a total of 10 "weapon" points or what have you, and you use those points to build a loadout comprised of perks and weapons, each with their own cost. So now you can run around with a pistol and like 5 perks.

HOW IS THAT FUN

I think it can work in cod, might lead to interesting builds where as soon as you kill someone and take they're weapon you really feel powerful

I wonder how much Halo 4's population's going to dip when Blops 2 launches. I'm also excited for the midnight launch of Halo 4, it's my first Halo launch where I have Live.

edit: Haha, that was almost completely unrelated to your post.

Not much I assume, because both games will be new at the time, much different than the November release of a game effecting a September release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom