• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be down for a tourny. Not usually too mad about competing though, but it should be a laugh. I wouldn't really be up for anything under 4v4's though. Just depends on whether or not the time suits and all that. So a maybe from me :)

Let's make our own tourney, with blackjack and hookers.

Just an idea, in order to get teams that better mesh provided we go the skill-based route:
Main stats could be BPR, KD, WP, and then KD ratio for long-range (snipers), midrange (DMR/nerfle), sidearm (plasma pistol, pistol, etc), close range (shorties/swords/hammers), and heavies (plasma launcher, rockets, laser, FRG) so that it'd be possible to pick a rank 4 that's good with long range, a 3 that's good with sidearms, 2 that uses close range, 1 with heavies, etc. so that you can get some extra diversity. Maybe even tally vehicle stats if we go into objective matches.

Homeboyd

I don't really understand how there were people "polluting" the higher ranks? How does someone grief or troll level 50 Halo? What is wrong with someone laboriously grinding up to a higher rank? If people don't have the skill to be a 50, or 48, or 45, or 40, it doesn't matter how they got to that numerical rank, their actual skill won't be able to keep them there.

Honestly the removal of 1-50 just sounds like it's being done so an imaginary player won't get their feelings hurt. Every possible type of ranking or tiered system has the chance for abuse, it's inherent in visualizing disparity. People want the best, even if they can't legitimately earn it. Full moons, 1-50, Onyx and Gold, doesn't matter what container you wrap it in, the Halo 4 ranking system will be subject to the same issues.

At least you know ranks have meaning and weight to them if someone is willing to boost to the top; there's nobody who's trying to break the system so they can have Onyx.
Pretty much what I said in my last post.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Will there be BTB? Driving the shithog on Timberland a few months ago was fun.

And random warmup games of FFA would be cool between matchups.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
op_ivy (LoopOfHenle): BPR=99 K/D=1.82 WP=60% --- 99% of the time a solo player, probably reflects in my stats, WP especially

Arnie

The way I see it as someone not fully equipped with facts and figures, and as someone who's just an avid Halo player: the system in Halo 3 was infinitely better than the system in Reach, regardless of how many boosters and worms populated the highest levels.

I was a high level player, and although I was aware of boosting I managed to match with competitive players more often than not. Having a system that the player wants to invest in is going to cause foul play, without fail. In some respects, having people that desperate to gain a high rank proves that the system is in some ways successful. For me it's as much about incentivising play and competition as it is measuring skill.

Tawpgun

PUT ME IN COACH.

I'm interested in this tourney as well.

My qualifications include Certifications of Donging and Blains.
Currently working on a Doctoral Thesis on the merging of these two to create a Dongblain.
I also also on the HaloGAF team during the Community Tournament a while back.

Krispy

Stats? Oh, I've been chugging along in my spare time(which is becoming less and less each day).

And yes, K/D;W/L;BPR aren't always the greatest factors when organizing this stuff. IMO, anyone should drop the sniper rifle for Krispy; he has the best snipe headshot rate of who I've collected.

Oh gosh.

v6oDh.gif

Tell me more.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I know someone said the Haven forge that's out there is terrible, but would be interesting to at least try it.

Just out of curiosity, how are you guys figuring your WP?

I just took total games and total wins and divided. Not sure what the total games stat includes (firefight? Dont think so...)

Is this somewhat accurate?

No I didn't make it.

AdriftLAYOUT-1.png

Not quite sure... I haven't taken the time to draw it up in my head yet. Adrift has quite a few twists and turns so it may be right. Once I find some time (now that I finished my finals) I'm going to try to roughly draft them up in sketchup to get a better feel for them so I can look at them from a design perspective. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom