• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, here's the updated list.

monsterfracas
kittens
ryaaan14
thezerofire
heckfu
Wahrer Machine
CyReN (?)
Franklinator
xxjuicesxx (?)
Karl2177 (?)
Ramirez
StalkerUKCG
NubInaTub
Hypertrooper (?)
daedalius (?)
Ravensmash
HiredN00bs (?)
Gui_PT (?)
op_ivy (?)
JonCha
ElzarTheBam (?)
HigherLevel (?)
Plywood (?)
Overdoz1z (?)
Tha Robbertster
Fyrewulff
Hydranockz
Risen
EvB
Louis Wu (?)
dangerbyrnes
-Yeti
Trey (?)
Homeboyd (?)
Dax01 (?)
Zoso Achilles
daedalius
Blue Ninja
Shadders
Slightly Live
789shadow
Falagard

Anyone want to help me get everyone's stats? You know you want to.

So far I've got Frankinator and kittens onboard.
And a reminder: If you don't have it on the site already, add yourself to this list. Makes it easier on us.

ZalinKrow

I might be down for a tourny. Not usually too mad about competing though, but it should be a laugh. I wouldn't really be up for anything under 4v4's though. Just depends on whether or not the time suits and all that. So a maybe from me :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ok, here is a list of people who are interested. I put a ? by people who I'm not really sure want to play.
monsterfracas
kittens
ryaaan14
thezerofire
heckfu
Wahrer Machine
CyReN (?)
Franklinator
xxjuicesxx (?)
Karl2177 (?)
Ramirez
StalkerUKCG (?)
NubInaTub
Hypertrooper (?)
daedalius (?)
Ravensmash
Tashi0106 (?)
HiredN00bs (?)
Gui_PT (?)
op_ivy (?)
JonCha
ElzarTheBam (?)
HigherLevel (?)
Plywood (?)
Overdoz1z (?)
Tha Robbertster
Fyrewulff
Hydranockz
Risen
EvB
Louis Wu (?)
dangerbyrnes
-Yeti
Trey (?)
Homeboyd (?)
Dax01 (?)
Zoso Achilles
daedalius
Frankie (you know you want to)
Blue Ninja
Zeouterlimits
Shadders

i made the list. what is the list?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Okay, here's the updated list.

monsterfracas
kittens
ryaaan14
thezerofire
heckfu
Wahrer Machine
CyReN (?)
Franklinator
xxjuicesxx (?)
Karl2177 (?)
Ramirez
StalkerUKCG
NubInaTub
Hypertrooper (?)
daedalius (?)
Ravensmash
HiredN00bs (?)
Gui_PT (?)
op_ivy (?)
JonCha
ElzarTheBam (?)
HigherLevel (?)
Plywood (?)
Overdoz1z (?)
Tha Robbertster
Fyrewulff
Hydranockz
Risen
EvB
Louis Wu (?)
dangerbyrnes
-Yeti
Trey (?)
Homeboyd (?)
Dax01 (?)
Zoso Achilles
daedalius
Blue Ninja
Shadders
Slightly Live
789shadow
Falagard

Anyone want to help me get everyone's stats? You know you want to.

So far I've got Frankinator and kittens onboard.
And a reminder: If you don't have it on the site already, add yourself to this list. Makes it easier on us.

I just feel like it would be unfair for me to enter since I would definitely win because I work at Halo.

TCKaos

I bet this is going to be before I get home next week. I've been without Halo since the weekend before E3.

FLOOOOORIDDDAAAAAA

Ramirez

Having too much fun with D3.

MVdKv.gif

Might I also suggest to help with scheduling, try to match people up initially (while the numbers are large) by timezone or preferred time zone. Even though I'm EST, I can only really play on a PST schedule for example. Would probably help a lot with people coordinating times to get together.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I just feel like it would be unfair for me to enter since I would definitely win because I work at Halo.
I work at 314 Industries, and I'm in the tournament.

Or you could help me. ;) I can PM the deets when I'm home again.
Only thing I'm getting at the moment is BPR, K/D, and win percentage lol. If you need any of those, I have them
TBA lol. Got a lot of planning to do.

edit: added you, cabbie

Ok, here is a list of people who are interested. I put a ? by people who I'm not really sure want to play.
monsterfracas
kittens
ryaaan14
thezerofire
heckfu
Wahrer Machine
CyReN (?)
Franklinator
xxjuicesxx (?)
Karl2177 (?)
Ramirez
StalkerUKCG (?)
NubInaTub
Hypertrooper (?)
daedalius (?)
Ravensmash
Tashi0106 (?)
HiredN00bs (?)
Gui_PT (?)
op_ivy (?)
JonCha
ElzarTheBam (?)
HigherLevel (?)
Plywood (?)
Overdoz1z (?)
Tha Robbertster
Fyrewulff
Hydranockz
Risen
EvB
Louis Wu (?)
dangerbyrnes
-Yeti
Trey (?)
Homeboyd (?)
Dax01 (?)
Zoso Achilles
daedalius
Frankie (you know you want to)
Blue Ninja
Zeouterlimits
Shadders

Hm, sounds complicated and painful, Im in.

Ramirez

Only thing I'm getting at the moment is BPR, K/D, and win percentage lol. If you need any of those, I have them

I would honestly look at Halo 3 ranks, if they have a decent number of games played, it probably is the best indicator of where to place them. BPR is a mystery, K/D's can be padded, & win percentages can be false through playing with better players.

Different games I know, but I really doubt anyone sucked at 3 and miraculously became pro at Reach.

I would honestly look at Halo 3 ranks, if they have a decent number of games played, it probably is the best indicator of where to place them. BPR is a mystery, K/D's can be padded, & win percentages can be false through playing with better players.

Different games I know, but I really doubt anyone sucked at 3 and miraculously became pro at Reach.

Do this

Redford

aka Cabbie
If we go by H3 ranks, I'm not really a brig, since I got it in SWAT. But I had a 44 in Wolves.

My TS was always shit because I played alone, so take that as you will!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Looking at these stats, I see quite a bit of skill variation. I'm thinking this is the best option for team selection:

Assign a player a score of 1-4, 4 being best, 1 being worst.
Pick one from each group and voila, a team is formed.

Ram's idea, IIRC.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wait, this is halo 3? team based or free for all? dont really matter, i'm down (but waaaay out of halo 3 practice).

scheduling may be an issue, especially with my summer job hooting for spotted owls in lassen national park. also, pregnant wife duties.

kylej

Banned
Ranking wasn't flawed in itself - the systems, visibility and placement caused douchersons to abuse it to the point where, in spite of insistence from some here to the contrary, the pool of high leveled players was polluted by grinders, griefers and trolls. We are thinking about this in depth.

I don't really understand how there were people "polluting" the higher ranks? How does someone grief or troll level 50 Halo? What is wrong with someone laboriously grinding up to a higher rank? If people don't have the skill to be a 50, or 48, or 45, or 40, it doesn't matter how they got to that numerical rank, their actual skill won't be able to keep them there.

Honestly the removal of 1-50 just sounds like it's being done so an imaginary player won't get their feelings hurt. Every possible type of ranking or tiered system has the chance for abuse, it's inherent in visualizing disparity. People want the best, even if they can't legitimately earn it. Full moons, 1-50, Onyx and Gold, doesn't matter what container you wrap it in, the Halo 4 ranking system will be subject to the same issues.

At least you know ranks have meaning and weight to them if someone is willing to boost to the top; there's nobody who's trying to break the system so they can have Onyx.

I'm totally interested. EuroGAF unite. :p

I think Me, You, Bobs and 4th brit. would make such a awesome UKteam~}

I don't really understand how there were people "polluting" the higher ranks? How does someone grief or troll level 50 Halo? What is wrong with someone laboriously grinding up to a higher rank? If people don't have the skill to be a 50, or 48, or 45, or 40, it doesn't matter how they got to that numerical rank, their actual skill won't be able to keep them there.

Honestly the removal of 1-50 just sounds like it's being done so an imaginary player won't get their feelings hurt. Every possible type of ranking or tiered system has the chance for abuse, it's inherent in visualizing disparity. People want the best, even if they can't legitimately earn it. Full moons, 1-50, Onyx and Gold, doesn't matter what container you wrap it in, the Halo 4 ranking system will be subject to the same issues.

At least you know ranks have meaning and weight to them if someone is willing to boost to the top; there's nobody who's trying to break the system to show off their sweet Onyx rank.

I think one of the issues was that a bought 50 plays in the playlist he has that 50 gets grouped with other 48-50s goes negative 25 ends up ruining the experience for the rest of the players and costing them ranks aswell, the multitude of 50's sold would make this an increasing problem.

But it also effects lower ranks, 40+ players who either felt rank locked or people playing to get a 50 on a new account to sell would destroy in lower ranking games screwing up everyone else's experience. I used to play with a lot of lower level/skilled guys (still do) and running into a party of 4 second accounts who were playing only to sell the new accounts once they got to 50 was such a consistent issue.

BigShow36

I'll only play if I can bitch about how bad the game is while I'm playing.

You should probably start an application process for the inevitable riot of people clamoring to be on my team.

TCKaos

Assign players a HaloGAF Trueskill Rating (tm) based on win percentage and K/D in Team Slayer, Super Slayer, MLG, Arena, and Team Objective.

After we calculate the HaloGAF Trueskill Rating (tm) for each participating player we can find the average HGTSR (tm) we could have it so that teams must be within a certain value of that average.

Or we could call team leaders and have them pick us like in gym. I'd get picked last.

At least you know ranks have meaning and weight to them if someone is willing to boost to the top; there's nobody who's trying to break the system so they can have Onyx.

So surely there can be a better system than Halo 3's then. The amount of people boosting, griefing, trolling or whatever more than likely declined an awful lot in Reach.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Started adding stats, probably going to take a break. Got a headache lol.
Here is the list so far:
Gamertag is same as GAF username, unless stated otherwise. WP=Win percentage.

monsterfracas: BPR=85 K/D=1.57 WP=62%
kittens (shanti 666): BPR=91 K/D=1.67 WP=61%
ryaaan14: BPR=34 K/D=.65 WP=56%
thezerofire: BPR=90 K/D=1.55 WP=67%
heckfu: BPR=59 K/D=1.09 WP=65%
Wahrer Machine: BPR=45 K/D=.96 WP%=49%
CyReN (CyReN CE)(?): BPR=68 K/D=1.21 WP=60%
Franklinator (Franklinaut): BPR=66 K/D=1.25 WP=58%
xxjuicesxx (?):
Karl2177 (?): BPR=80 K/D=1.47 WP=61%
Ramirez
StalkerUKCG: BPR=69 K/D=1.22 WP=65%
NubInaTub
Hypertrooper (?)
daedalius (?)
Ravensmash
HiredN00bs (?)
Gui_PT (?)
op_ivy (?)
JonCha
ElzarTheBam (?)
HigherLevel (?)
Plywood (?)
Overdoz1z (?)
Tha Robbertster
Fyrewulff
Hydranockz
Risen
EvB
Louis Wu (?)
dangerbyrnes
-Yeti
Trey (?)
Homeboyd (?)
Dax01 (?)
Zoso Achilles
daedalius
Blue Ninja
Shadders
Slightly Live
789shadow
Falagard
Zalinkrow
Cabbie
Demoncarnotaur
Sikamikanico
zap
BigShow36
Vire

Like I said before, add yourself to the HaloGAF gamertag list if you haven't done so. Also, something that would really help is if you just posted your BPR, K/D, and win percentage in the format above.

Woorloog

Banned
You're not invited back in your hole.

Discussions here have been so boring (button combo discussion, seriously?) for the last few days that i haven't bothered being here. And Red Faction Guerrilla is damn addicting.

Good luck with your tournament, i'll go back to my hole and keep playing RFG and Battlefield 3, for now. Burned out of Reach again.

Not to mention i'm predicting i'm going to have a hellish week IRL, meaning any tries to play in a tourney (this week or the next) wouldn't go well for me.

Why are we posting BPRs when we don't even know how it works?

Also, I'm not really up for a tourney, I don't play very much anymore so I wouldn't be very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom