• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if I'm available for this tournament due to time zones etc. So I'm definitely keen, but it depends on what you guys decide is a suitable time to hold it. I'm Australian too... So expect shitastic connection.

Stats: BPR 95, k/d 1.7, win percentage 63%

Also my gamer tag is STRPR
I think I'm on the GAF list though

CyReN

we just steaked the ReadyUpLive youtube nerd who was complaining about Halo leaks. so good

Wait they play MLG?

Just watched Alien. Enjoyed it.

Just d/l it earlier today, watching tonight. So excited.

TOO LATE.
Lots of hard work is going on at every level.

OH_YES.gif

Vire

My problem with Waypoint is that it's slow.

Loads slower than any other website I go to.

That's all I want improved from it.

For GAF Slayer: We should have four loadouts to better handle the 4v4 matches.

Optional: Maybe even turn it into a class-based thing where the team captain gets loadout 1, the designated distraction gets hologram, etc.

This. The site is great. Everything I've analysed is pretty well written, I think they just need to put some money into some brand spanking new servers.
I disagree with it being great. It's pretty difficult to find some average stuff, like finding the game history. In addition, linking to the site is so inconsistent

This. The site is great. Everything I've analysed is pretty well written, I think they just need to put some money into some brand spanking new servers.

Gotta disagree. It's really confusing on some areas, really hard to find things. There entire stat section needs some dramatic overhaul.

Fuchsdh

The site linking is janky, some of the service record stuff needs to be put front-and-center, and it needs to be clearer that what you're linking to (such as your own record) won't be viewable by others unless you navigate to yourself like other tags.

Speed is good too, but usability in other respects is paramount.

I dunno it might be servers but browsers seem to have a hard time reading all the info. Too much active jizz everywhere.

It is the 343 creed though. Looks over Performance. Should get used to it!

Karl2177

Gotta disagree. It's really confusing on some areas, really hard to find things. There entire stat section needs some dramatic overhaul.

This cannot be echoed enough. It needs to be a simple process, not having to search through a clusterfuck of menus. Also, it's so borked that Super Slayer isn't one of the playlist options.

Booties

Banned
Dear Kyle and Co,

Invite me, when you need I.

Warmest regards,
Booties

Everyone else, I'm deleting noble and trying to get the last man standing achievement in defiant. Join me if you need it. Need a big party to get the defiant maps.

Azar

Been eyeballing Halo Anniversary, or at least the Map Pack, to get back into playing some multiplayer with friends. I'm wary, though, because a lot of Reach's changes drove me away from playing. How's the game these days? More fun in the Anniversary playlists with the classic maps?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
For the guys that played Halo 4 this past week, does the sprint work like it does in Reach? Where if you press sprint you keep running as long as you're going forward. Or do you have to keep the button pressed down like in CoD or other game's with sprint?

Went to go play some Arena games for shits, dear lord it is all Forge maps, and they are all terrible.

PLEASE 343 keep Forge maps out of matchmaking in Halo 4, or at least keep them in their own little bastard community map playlist. I want to play on the maps that you guys developed.

Ryaaan14

Banned
For the guys that played Halo 4 this past week, does the sprint work like it does in Reach? Where if you press sprint you keep running as long as you're going forward? Or do you have to keep the button pressed down like in CoD or other game's with sprint?
Just a guess, but since it's on the stick now, I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave you the option to toggle just like crouch.

Homeboyd

Went to go play some Arena games for shits, dear lord it is all Forge maps, and they are all terrible.

PLEASE 343 keep Forge maps out of matchmaking in Halo 4, or at least keep them in their own little bastard community map playlist. I want to play on the maps that you guys developed.
But Fourge is going to be a full, complete, studio-level map creator from the ground up that will let you create maps down to the finest detail and will still run your maps at a locked 30 fps.

They (Bungie) tried a community map playlist already...

The only real additional toggle options I want are either:

Jumppack control scheme that allows for double-tapping jump to initiate jetpack

OR

An AA toggle option. It'd be less difficult to figure out a decent control scheme if we could actually move and aim without having to worry about holding down a button for Hardlight Shield or Jetpack.

But Fourge is going to be a full, complete, studio-level map creator from the ground up that will let you create maps down to the finest detail and will still run your maps at a locked 30 fps.

Dream. We can only dream :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Niiiice, I'm excited about the tournament.

PS: Hopping on Reach.

Doesn't matter if it was to be honest. I want to play on the developer maps that I paid for, including DLC. Speaking of which, if there is not a DLC algorithm that work in Halo 4 I won't be buying DLC. I got burned on Reach DLC, I won't get burned again.

Karl2177

This is the second time you're telling me this.
That just shows how good of an avatar it is.

Been eyeballing Halo Anniversary, or at least the Map Pack, to get back into playing some multiplayer with friends. I'm wary, though, because a lot of Reach's changes drove me away from playing. How's the game these days? More fun in the Anniversary playlists with the classic maps?
The Anniversary playlists are definitely better than the stock Reach playlists. But honestly, at this point it's best to run it with a bunch of gaffers or some friends. It's not worth going in alone. At all.

Also, new avatar photoshopped from the Syndicate preview video by Gintoki!

Ok, they could reorganize their stats. Bungie did that a little better I think. I liked that cool SVG magic the pulled with this:
spJ9.png

But I think it's inevitable that they will update the stats page for Halo 4, and judging by the quality of halowaypoint.com/halo4, I have faith. That sub-site is amazing from a developer's perspective.
  • Parallaxes
  • HTML5 Video
  • Smooth AJAX jump and scrollTo Navigation
  • Brilliant aesthetic
  • Multiple carousels
  • Well presented information
  • SEO (crawl-able) "Shebang" links. [Albeit hashed for some reason]

I dunno, but I liek it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom