• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

Speaking of armor lock, none of the AA's in Halo 4 obstruct the game like they did in Reach. AA's in Halo 4 compliment the game VERY well and give you no super advantages.

Monkey... You about gave half of HaloGAF heart attacks.
I may have killed 1 or 2 members.

Woorloog

Banned
Speaking of armor lock, none of the AA's in Halo 4 obstruct the game like they did in Reach. AA's in Halo 4 compliment the game VERY well and give you no super advantages.

You obviously have highly biased opinion. How much did 343i pay you to say that?

Seriously, sounds good.

Akai__

this^ If I had host everytime I would be happy as fuck.

fixd But yeah me too, the shipping prices for Germany are insane. Hyper should bring us shirts from pax !

:lol

Nah I'm fine. And I did't mean 343i gear, I meant Bungie gear. :)

Anyway, some day I will maybe get something, but 1st there are other things to spent money on.

Edit:
I get host on and off and when I have host it's like playing an entirely different (and better) game. Shots actually register when you're host, such a great feeling.

Still find it funny that some americans are claiming that foreigners have most of the time host. Had two guys in Halo 3 which talked shit a couple of days ago. Even when I proved them to not have host they told me I have host. I just don't get it. Some guys are just stupid... And to not generalize it, it's not only americans, you find stupid people in every country.

Abdozer

is adrift indoors well-lit? i remember from seeing the MLG videos that the interior looked really dark, i'm not sure if that's from the video itself though.

IHaveIce

Banned
:lol

Nah I'm fine. And I did't mean 343i gear, I meant Bungie gear. :)

Anyway, some day I will maybe get something, but 1st there are other things to spent money on. I'm not even regreting it, that I was flying to MLG Orlando back in 2010 to get my hands on, on a Astro A40 and a MLG hat, even if it was a lot of money.

Yeah I know, I think he wants Duncan to order him one and he gets it on PAX :(

Damn :( Everytime I was in the states I didn't come to the conclusion there could be some event where I could find some cool apparell.

wwm0nkey

What AAs did you use? Any impressions?
Also, were Camo and/or Jetpack playable in the build?

Hard light- doesn't last too long and only good for getting away from one directional attacks, if someone is on your side you are fucked.

Thrust- really good AA for getting out of death but you can EASILY be followed

Hologram- Hologram

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, they made a new build in the 3 days in between RTX and SDCC.

I noted earlier i haven't stayed up-to-date on Halo 4 related stuff. I haven't followed RTX and SDCC and any news regarding them at all really.

Hard light- doesn't last too long and only good for getting away from one directional attacks, if someone is on your side you are fucked.

Hmm. Still wondering if it is worth its trade offs... So far, Thruster Pack sounds the most fitting for my general playstyle. The only other interesting AA i know is in the game is the Hardlight Shield. EDIT at least until we know if the Camo is in and how it works.

wwm0nkey

I noted earlier i haven't stayed up-to-date on Halo 4 related stuff. I haven't followed RTX and SDCC and any news regarding them at all really.

Hmm. Still wondering if it is worth its trade offs... So far, Thruster Pack sounds the most fitting for my general playstyle.
Thrust is my personal favorite, love it!

Edit: oh also I did that 23/3 game without using a single AA so they are not nessecary but like I said they compliment the game well.

Akai__

Yeah I know, I think he wants Duncan to order him one and he gets it on PAX :(

Damn :( Everytime I was in the states I didn't come to the conclusion there could be some event where I could find some cool apparell.

Ah okay, but I don't like it to stress people with something like that.^^
Had some bad experience with it.

Edit: Time to sleep. Time flies by. Have to work tommorow.

Woorloog

Banned
Edit: oh also I did that 23/3 game without using a single AA so they are not nessecary but like I said they compliment the game well.

Hmm. No metagame yet so hard to say how the game will really work.
First week of Reach Beta felt pretty good, even with Armor Lock and a bunch of glitches.

First weeks of Reach retail felt pretty good.
Then the metagame started to kick in...

TheOddOne

First week of Reach Beta felt pretty good, even with Armor Lock and a bunch of glitches.

Yep, while first impressions are nice -- in the long run it might suck.

Keeping expectations in check.

Vire

Kinda disagree.

I didn't like the Reach Beta at all to begin with.

So the Final MP wasn't a shocker to me. I still really like the Campaign and Firefight though.

Woorloog

Banned
Kinda disagree.

I didn't like the Reach Beta at all.

So the Final MP wasn't a shocker to me. I still really like the Campaign and Firefight though.

I never stated whether i liked the beta or not. Just that it felt pretty good. All new games feel good to me... well, there have been a one or two exceptions but anyway.
I didn't play much on the second week of the beta.

EDIT first weeks of the retail felt good because i grasped Halo quickly so i could beat many people without much effort at first. Maybe. Not sure. Don't remember much.
EDIT 2, Reach was released in 2010 right? I cannot remember... ODST in 2009 i guess?

Abdozer

I stayed, for you HaloGAF.

3bvhp.png

MLG playlist too.

wwm0nkey

Just a FYI I am going into these matches (8 so far) with a non biased or "omg I am playing it early" view set. I am looking at the game for what it is and right now I can say these 2 things for certian, It's fun and it plays like Halo. I know some of you might not see that right now but trust me when you get your hands on it you will understand.

Gui_PT

Just a FYI I am going into these matches (8 so far) with a non biased or "omg I am playing it early" view set. I am looking at the game for what it is and right now I can say these 2 things for certian, It's fun and it plays like Halo. I know some of you might not see that right now but trust me when you get your hands on it you will understand.

Have you tried teabagging? If not could you please try it to see what it's like?

This is a serious request.

Woorloog

Banned

I am confident it will be all right, wouldn't have ordered Halo 4 LE otherwise...
But still worried about how the metagame will turn out. Hopefully 343i can make balance adjustments in title updates...

Fotos

I was shocked to see that the chest armor also changes the back of your spartan. I felt that in Reach all the chest pieces looked the same. Its nice to see that you can actually change the back of your spartan now.

789shadow

Banned
I was shocked to see that the chest armor also changes the back of your spartan. I felt that in Reach all the chest pieces looked the same. Its nice to see that you can actually change the back of your spartan now.
Other players can marvel at the back of your Spartan as they beat you down.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Not only that, but they seem to have a larger coverage area on the front. As a dressup whore, I am absolutely loving what I've seen from Halo 4. I just hope that they aren't necessarily sacrificing quanitity for quality. Even in Reach I see far too many people sporting the same looks.

I will do that tomorrow, just for you :)

Also see if corpses can be moved by beating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom