• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

This game is just unplayable.

Firefight is horribly laggy. I honestly can ignore the lag but half the matches I get in have idlers in them

Multiplayer is just a blackscreen+quitters fest.

I can't remember a single match where someone hasn't quit. And the ones that don't quit roll around with jetpack+AR.

I keep trying to enjoy it but I can't.

I love you so much, I don't want to give you up. Why do you hurt me like this, my love?

WhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

y

I looked it up. 9pm GMT is 5pm EST
Daylight saving time makes these conversions confusing. England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are all currently observing BST (British Summer Time = GMT +1) while the eastern time zone in the United States observes EDT (Eastern Daylight Time = GMT -4). The difference remains 5 hours between these regions.

The eastern time zone returns to Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5) on November 4th, 2012.

The areas that observe BST return to GMT on October 28th, 2012.

So I guess there's a week where we'll be 4 hours apart.

TDKR ending is out there, burn your computers and stay the fuck out of the internetz.
Whelp, fuck this shit, I'm out.
4cmXL.gif

Anyone still playing? About to be home.

I'll play a few games.

Daylight saving time makes these conversions confusing. England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are all currently observing BST (British Summer Time = GMT +1) while the eastern time zone in the United States observes EDT (Eastern Daylight Time = GMT -4). The difference remains 5 hours between these regions.

The eastern time zone returns to Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5) on November 4th, 2012.

The areas that observe BST return to GMT on October 28th, 2012.

So I guess there's a week where we'll be 4 hours apart.

OK, sooooo.... that means our match is at 4PM EST. am i reading this right?

EDIT: ah fuck it, ill get on at 3 and wait

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't remember a single match where someone hasn't quit. And the ones that don't quit roll around with jetpack+AR.
Fill your friends list up with HaloGAF kids and never look back.

Who wants to play Arena with fracas and I? We need two to practice with before our match tonight. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Firefight is horribly laggy. I honestly can ignore the lag but half the matches I get in have idlers in them

I love you so much, I don't want to give you up. Why do you hurt me like this, my love?

y

After Reach, join in progress is one of the things I'm most excited about in Halo 4. If you roll in MM in a full party the other team (full of randoms) will have quitters. They often do it in the pre-game lobby at the mere sight of a full party (I've done it in btb before).

Teams vs teams is the only time full party searching works really.

OK, sooooo.... that means our match is at 4PM EST. am i reading this right?
It'll be at 4PM EST, but the eastern time zone isn't observing EST right now, they're observing EDT, which makes the match at 5PM EDT (this is assuming you really meant 9PM GMT and not 9PM BST). It helps to just use UTC because it isn't altered by daylight saving time. Just say the match is at 2100 (9PM) UTC (Universal Coordinated Time) and let everyone interpret it accordingly.

It'll be at 5PM EST, but the eastern time zone isn't observing EST right now, they're observing EDT, which makes the match at 4PM (EDT). It helps to just use the GMT or UTC because it isn't altered by daylight saving time. Just say the match is at 2100 UTC and let everyone interpret it accordingly.

I cant Timezone...

2100 UTC what, i am teh dumbz

Vire

I don't understand why it's so shitty either.

Gears of War's Horde mode and Mass Effect's Galaxy at War, seem to do just fine in terms of lag.

Hoping it's greatly improved for Spartan Ops...

blamite

So how many new weapons have we actually seen? There's supposed to be "10 new weapons" and "2 new vehicles". So...
Scattershot
Light Rifle
Storm Rifle
Sticky Detonator
Railgun
at least one unidentified promethean weapon
unidentified promethean grenade

So, we've gotten full confirmation on 5/10 I guess?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've done that years ago :lol

E: I seriously need a milhouse costanza avatar
Replace the ones that have stopped playing Halo with ones that still do? I just did that recently, and it's helped.

we had a party of 8 going

all the quitters were on the other team :(
I prefer taking a party of 8 into MLG. But yeah, BTB is fun sometimes, but is one of the lists most rife with quitters. :-\

Scattershot
Light Rifle
Storm Rifle
Sticky Detonator
Railgun
at least one unidentified promethean weapon
unidentified promethean grenade

So, we've gotten full confirmation on 5/10 I guess?
I'm hoping the Storm Rifle doesn't count as a new weapon ("the evolution of the Plasma Rifle") so we can get another new weapon on that list...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, can someone post all matches that have been scheduled? I want to update the tourney thread.

Also Karl, our team is going to be on at 10 PM CST tonight.

And is team kylej v team elzar done, or is the rematch happening?

Gui_PT

Hold me

Shit, man. I'm not talking about the blue shit or the bending shit. I'm talkin' 'bout the picture shit.

Don't you talk like that in the presence of uncle Iroh!

Replace the ones that have stopped playing Halo with ones that still do? I just did that recently, and it's helped.

Yeah as Sai said the quitters were on the other team and I don't like going into an 8 player playlist with 7 friends but that's starting to look like the only solution.

Karl2177

Okay, can someone post all matches that have been scheduled? I want to update the tourney thread.

And is team kylej v team elzar done, are is the rematch happening?
Yep. I'm going to a friends house that has a bit more stable of a connection. If Krispy doesn't show up within a few minutes after 10, then we can do a 3v3. If a team is down 2, we can try to reschedule it.

Rematch may be happening, but I think this time it's just for fun. But the original result should stand.

Kyle's team won, fair and square.

kylej

Banned

Put it in the books for now, I'm trying to schedule a rematch 4v4 but schedules are still tough. We're always one person's schedule away from 4v4 :/

European vs US time zones is hard. As I said in the tourney thread, since non-HaloGAF people have expressed interest, if we have 200 people or so in the next tourney, we should separate it into Euro/US ladders.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 2 Heroic is too easy but Halo 2 Legendary is too hard. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom