• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember running around with the sniper like it was just any regular gun, didn't even have to scope at all, trash.

Taking out snipers would increase my enjoyment of the CoD series by a million, too bad too many people love quick scoping, ugh.

Also, BLoPs>>>>Ghost of IW CoD's

Yeah, that's true, I used the sniper a lot as well, the hit boxes in that game were huge.

Holy fuck when did this become the Call of Duty|OT|

Oh hi there, imperial.

Does it have an online component? I bought a copy from GoHastings a couple days ago.

Yes, may be dead now though. SP is fantastic.

We already talked about most of them. We got access to the Promethean Grenade, Light Rifle, we got killed by a Forerunner Sniper Rifle, and I actually found out about another secret/unrevealed Forerunner weapon by complete accident.

Are you talking about the one that shoots Forerunner stationary invulnerability shields?

;) I actually did enjoy trying to get out of the map though. Yyou could get pretty high on those mountains/rocks. My brief experience with SPOPS off the beaten path exploration was definitely encouraging for people who enjoy exploring maps and trying to find ways out.

Word on the street is no more one knife kills in Black Ops 2. Now that would be a welcomed change.
I don't really plan on buying it, but that might make me buy the game, or just make it like Battefield's knife. The knife has been the single worst thing about COD for years.
Play Black Ops I if you're looking for COD game that emphases gun combat, not grenades, launchers, perks that allow you to knife through the whole game without shooting a gun. Modern Warfare 2 is still noob COD.
Fixed that for you.
You want in?
Don't I need the paid DLC for play on dedis?
interesting, i also heard this before when trying to get people to jump ship to halo this fall. i wonder what the default AR in halo 4 will be.
Well you'll choose your starting weapon in H4, which should certainly help that situation. (I cannot believe there was 3 Halo games with a starting weapon split instead of just letting you pick which one you wanted.)
I remember running around with the sniper like it was just any regular gun, didn't even have to scope at all, trash.

Taking out snipers would increase my enjoyment of the CoD series by a million, too bad too many people love quick scoping, ugh.

Also, BLoPs>>>>Ghost of IW CoD's
The lack of quick-scooping and general lack of snipers is part of what makes Blops easlier one of the better COD's.
He loved Halo 4 as well...

uh oh

Well shit
Panic-Button-3.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Opposite day?

BlOps is the best CoD since 4.

Omlet enjoys mindless chaos, over look him on this. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

He loved Halo 4 as well...

uh oh

Lol, I like mindless chaos in Call of Duty.

Seriously though, aside from all the glitches, hacked lobbies, and other exploits, Modern Warfare 2 was an awesome COD. Black Ops tried so hard to get rid of Modern Warfare 2's problems that they stripped it wayyy down to just being a boring COD. Gun Game was badass, though.

Steelyuhas said:
Fixed that for you.

Scavenger + Torque Bow/Tomahawk says hi. Once you unlock those weapons, you really have no reason to shoot because you'll just get endless ammo for those and just start spamming them at every corner getting triple kills like nobody's business.

Tawpgun

Stop complaining that you're out of space on your launch Xbox 20 gig hard drive and you refuse to buy an overpriced new one, they said.

Just buy this USB stick, it will work, they said.

And now I have 1 16gb USB stick that "doesn't meet Xbox's specifications and may cause errors"

*sigh*

Overdoziz

Banned
If you want a game that feels like you're walking in mud while shooting mud at people and in a terrible WW2/Vietnam setting go buy World at War or Black Ops. I don't know why but the IW games feel so much smoother.
Gun Game is fun but with the terrible netcode it only goes so far.

Noricart

You know what's sad? The fact that we have produced a larger discussion on COD in the past hour than the MW3 thread has in weeks.
Black Ops was the best most balanced COD.
sans AK-74u

Enfinit

Whew, for a second there I thought I clicked on Call of Duty |OT|.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Oddball Swordbase. Although I find it humorous that we've had a more engaging conversation about CoD than their own thread.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Well you'll choose your starting weapon in H4, which should certainly help that situation. (I cannot believe there was 3 Halo games with a starting weapon split instead of just letting you pick which one you wanted..

oh snap, that sounds rad.

is there a repository of info we know about halo 4 i can access without parsing through the last 2 OTs?

If you want a game that feels like you're walking in mud while shooting mud at people and in a terrible WW2/Vietnam setting go buy World at War or Black Ops. I don't know why but the IW games feel so much smoother.

IW left after mw2. Also waw is pretty much the same as cod 4 in ww2 you cant go wrong with it.

Overdoziz

Banned
IW left after mw2. Also waw is pretty much the same as cod 4 in ww2 you cant go wrong with it.
MW2 was the last CoD I bought (and later sold). Borrowed Black Ops from a friend. Got to about level 8 and was done with it. Not planning on buying another CoD game any time soon.

Alrighty, I'm trying to finish the HaloGAF shirt today so that those who want one for PAX will have them before then. Just a question for those who were interested, is the grey logo ok? Upon request I could make different colored logos.

cocamola

Banned
I will not be buying Blops2. Looks so unappealing to me.

I saw a trailer for it in the Cinema today when I went to watch TDKR. The game looks fresh from 2008. (ID Tech 4 for you). The lack of AA and the bad lighting effects hurts my eyes. That's not to mention the cliché characters and character design.
The entire foundation for the plot sucked in the beginning, but it probably will woo it's mass media drone audience with Michael Bay 'esk on rail events.
Sad day for shooters, as business is business so just expect future FPS's to follow.

I'm looking at you Halo 5.

I saw a trailer for it in the Cinema today when I went to watch TDKR. The game looks fresh from 2008. (ID Tech 4 for you). The lack of AA and the bad lighting effects hurts my eyes. That's not to mention the cliché characters and character design.
The entire foundation for the plot sucked in the beginning, but it probably will woo it's mass media drone audience with Michael Bay 'esk on rail events.
Sad day for shooters, as business is business so just expect future FPS's to follow.

I'm looking at you Halo 5.

It has already begun to follow with 4. Something is near to take over cod though,it's time is up sometime in the first two-three years of next gen.

Scavenger + Torque Bow/Tomahawk says hi. Once you unlock those weapons, you really have no reason to shoot because you'll just get endless ammo for those and just start spamming them at every corner getting triple kills like nobody's business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

Quite easy to avoid being killed by those.
Not sure. I got the Season Pass when it was on sale so I just downloaded errythang.

Hmm, well I might try it later, but I think I do.

Portugeezer

Quite true...

Although I don't see why anyone would want Nuketown. Outside of Combat Training, that map sucked hardcore. Spawnkilled fo' days.

That's the point. COD players love that shit, unfortunately that map plagues even game modes like SnD which becomes a rushfest of who gets lucky.

nah man, it's just a phase. they'll get out of it when news actually drops.

what else is there to talk about?

topics covered
1. Reach is Bad
2. halo 4 might be good
3. halo 4 is like cod
4. halo 4 is not like cod
5. people overreact to things in old builds of halo
6. frankie teases
7. hints over twitter
8. video's from events we didn't go to
9. offscreen footage
10. random bickering over what everyone likes in a halo game.
11. juniors!?!
12. teh leeks

new:
13. video games that aren't halo

this and the last 3 halo threads in a nutshell.

now im gonna go play some transformers

BigShow36

That's the point. COD players love that shit, unfortunately that map plagues even game modes like SnD which becomes a rushfest of who gets lucky.

Yeah, CoD players have no HaloHONOR like Halo players do. There's absolutely no instances in Halo where players camp a location and spawn kill. Especially none where its a literal spawn trap and all you do is press the melee button. Nope, none of that going on here in Halo. Only CoD, since CoD is for dummies and only CoD players are jerks, am I right?

since we're discussing call o' duty...

is stopping power OP (MW2)? got into an argument the other day, would like to hear what other people think.

BigShow36

is stopping power OP (MW2)? got into an argument the other day, would like to hear what other people think.

The only argument you should be having about MW2 balance is whether or not it's dog shit or horse shit.

Horse shit is a less homogeneous blend of crappiness, with various components adding their own unique flair and individually contributing to the overall shittiness. Dog shit, on the other hand, is simply a complete blend of terribleness, with no real indication of what individual components make up the stench, only that it's pretty damn smelly.

Tawpgun

Yes, but OP isn't the word I'd use to describe it.

Essentially, it makes every other red perk irrelevant. It's only balanced by juggernaut. If you don't have one or the other you're completely fucked. Everyone, barring some powerup you earn, should do equal damage if they have the same gun. Unless its some wierd RPG class based shit.

GhaleonEB

topics covered
1. Reach is Bad
2. halo 4 might be good
3. halo 4 is like cod
6. frankie teases
7. hints over twitter
9. offscreen footage
11. juniors!?!
12. teh leeks

new:

I want Halo 4 to be great for so many reasons, and one of them is so we can go back to sharing awesome stories from our time playing it. Until the end of Halo 3's run - when Reach released - there was still a lot of that mixed in with the AR/BR bitching. I miss the feeling of comradarie that came from swapping stories.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

topics covered
1. Reach is Bad
2. halo 4 might be good
3. halo 4 is like cod
6. frankie teases
7. hints over twitter
9. offscreen footage
11. juniors!?!
12. teh leeks
13. random people post about thinking they were in the halo ot when they're in the (insert game here) ot thinking it'll help get the conversation back on track when it never does

new:

Added a 13th for you.

topics covered
1. Reach is Bad
2. halo 4 might be good
3. halo 4 is like cod
6. frankie teases
7. hints over twitter
9. offscreen footage
11. juniors already complaining about everything!?!
12. teh leeks

new:

fixed.

I want Halo 4 to be great for so many reasons, and one of them is so we can go back to sharing awesome stories from our time playing it. Until the end of Halo 3's run - when Reach released - there was still a lot of that mixed in with the AR/BR bitching. I miss the feeling of comradarie that came from swapping stories.

I expect the return of screen shot stories.

I loved them.

Woorloog

Banned
Would actually buy BLOPS2 if it wasn't released in November. Don't have time for 2 online games. Don't care to play 2 different online games in the same month.

And arguably BF3 is close enough to COD i don't need an actual COD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom