• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What comes in the GOTY edition? Cause if I buy it GoD, I can get it right now, on my hard drive.

EDIT: Holy shit that box art of the GOTY edition makes me not want to get it. So bad lol.

It's all the DLC, which I think are challenge maps, characters and missions. I'm not quite sure, I don't own it.

And yeah, that box art is an affront to mankind. I don't know what they were thinking. If I ever buy that edition, I'm gonna buy the artwork from the standard edition to cover it up.

If I had to choose between Alan Wake and Arkham City, I'd go with Alan Wake. I tried AC after loving AA, but I found it too unfocused for my taste, so I never finished it. I thoroughly enjoyed Alan Wake, but I've yet to pick up American Nightmare.

My two cents.

Edit: I'm an outlier for having those feelings about AC, so probably best not to take my advice when deciding between those two games.

Ken

I can't decide if I should get Alan Wake or Arkham City. Both are $30 GoD and can be found for $20 elsewhere. Suggestions GAF?

Didn't Amazon have Alan Wake GoD codes for like super cheap before.

That reminds me I should go back and play more than 30 minutes of my day 1 Arkham City purchase. :(

This shit moves too fast and I'm terrible at keeping up these days. What do we know about multiplayer so far? Someone who is nice enough to ignore my laziness please tell me.

Enfinit

I really need to pick this up. I always hear great things about it.

Same. Wish it was on Mac, though. Seems like it would be much better as a PC game versus the 360, and I'm far too lazy to dual boot. My MPB can do it, but I need a more powerful machine to dual boot smoothly.

a zoojoo

Banned
CoD fans are the type of people that use composite cords on their HDTVs. They are more likely to laugh at the fact that Halo has aliens in it and call it unrealistic.
My best friend's 10 year old brother uses that exact argument.
Whoa I just noticed something about that image. The foregrounds light source is off to the right and the shadows are being cast to the left. The backgrounds light source is the exact opposite and it is casting shadows to the right. Uhh, why?

Multiple suns on Requiem confirmed?

Enfinit

Anybody else notice this off the "leaked" LE images? Looks like the new EOD helmet on the bottom, what seems to be a new ODST, and a few unfamiliar ones, although I heard one of 'em's called the "Orbital" helmet. (Sorry if this has been posted before).

628648798.png

a zoojoo

Banned
Anybody else notice this off the "leaked" LE images? Looks like the new EOD helmet on the bottom, what seems to be a new ODST, and a few unfamiliar ones, although I heard one of 'em's called the "Orbital" helmet. (Sorry if this has been posted before).

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/628648798.png?key=444471&Expires=1343871546&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=p-niF4i9Zh8tKmxb0IvMPvNcTfAk5Wi1JeDx02r18-bxxC7G6MlTpqySGwEvkUz-9svIURXzvj38I2Vo6UySU2KS1lvvIoffc1sxCvU1zrrWrUPvNOt7QqGtvyW7IH6SaN4611dinWeYvLdMO9rWLyculgG1DydyQ8-tBDjBAFo_[/IG][/QUOTE]

Nice catch!

DeadNames

Banned
Anybody else notice this off the "leaked" LE images? Looks like the new EOD helmet on the bottom and an ODST-looking helmet on top that some are calling the "Orbital" helmet. (Sorry if this has been posted before).

628648798.png

I think the one on top looks more like Mk. V ... But then again. Bottom one is most definitely EOD.

Also, highest one: Hayabusa helmet confirmed?

Aggrotek

Yeah I have a linked saved for $6.24, and free shipping for a code. I actually think it was you that sent that to me a while back and I meant to purchase, but never did. Looks like I'll get both.

What comes in the GOTY edition? Cause if I buy it GoD, I can get it right now, on my hard drive.

EDIT: Holy shit that box art of the GOTY edition makes me not want to get it. So bad lol.

bac_goty_4chan.jpg

Enfinit

I assume there was no bulletin after all today then?

Angel alluded to it coming on Friday in last week's bulletin.

I think the one on top looks more like Mk. V ... But then again. Bottom one is most definitely EOD.

Also, highest one: Hayabusa helmet confirmed?

I've heard the top one's called the "Orbital" helmet, although I can't confirm it. Sounds familiar, might be some footage in some gameplay/screenshot that I'm far too lazy to search for.

DeadNames

Banned
Angel alluded to it coming on Friday in last week's bulletin.

I've heard the top one's called the "Orbital" helmet, although I can't confirm it. Sounds familiar, might be some footage in some gameplay/screenshot that I'm far too lazy to search for.

Top one isn't Orbital. Orbital looks like EVA, but striped.

I'd find a pic, but I'm too lazy.

MTW said Hayabusa is not in the game in a tweet. Not sure if legit.

Probably wasn't in that build. Stay hopeful.

Flipyap

Whoa I just noticed something about that image. The foregrounds light source is off to the right and the shadows are being cast to the left. The backgrounds light source is the exact opposite and it is casting shadows to the right. Uhh, why?
There's also something about the way the rocks are angled that makes them look even more out of place. Either the first row is sinking, or the matte painting was created to be viewed from a much higher position.
Plus, aren't the rocks a bit too close to be a 2D skybox object?

OverHeat

« generous god »
Get Arkham City and PM me if you want a free Alan Wake code. I have one of those cards from a 360 I bought for my gf and never used it so I could just give it to someone.
Thats really kind of you! This is what I love about the halo community.

Alright HaloGAF, just published the final version of my HaloGAF logo wear.

HaloGAF shirt final. Grey logo

It can be used on T-shirts, V-Necks, hoodies or whatever. Anyone who plans on buying one and wants a different colored logo, PM me. I'll alter it and send you a private link. Figuring out to get the NeoGAF logo right took forever, but I am very happy with how it all turned out. If you order relatively soon, you should receive them before PAX.

Examples of the final look.

i0Lc2y0oHRIKt.png

iPGhaBit9Kn9K.png

CoD reads every four frames, but in a 60fps game, that leads to roughly 70ms of input lag. When Reach is functioning optimally at 30fps (which isn't too often, unfortunately), it has 100ms of input lag. Higher frame rates definitely lead to more responsive controls.

Reach runs at ~30 fps most of the time, according to Digital Foundry, so I don't know where you're getting the "not to often" comment. It has drops that can be reproduced in certain scenarios, but it's at ~30 fps over 99% of the time.

And your second point doesn't make sense. If CoD read input at every 10 frames, for example, it wouldn't be as responsive as Reach, despite having a higher frame rate. Higher frame rate isn't a sufficient condition for less input lag.

Tawpgun

It can be used on T-shirts, V-Necks, hoodies or whatever. Anyone who plans on buying one and wants a different colored logo, PM me. I'll alter it and send you a private link. Figuring out to get the NeoGAF logo right took forever, but I am very happy with how it all turned out. If you order relatively soon, you should receive them before PAX.

i0Lc2y0oHRIKt.png

iPGhaBit9Kn9K.png

Sexy as fuck

Fracas

#fuckonami

http://i.minus.com/i0Lc2y0oHRIKt.png
http://i.minus.com/iPGhaBit9Kn9K.png
That's awesome! I think I may get one.
He's a pretty cool guy.

One thing in the LE will cause a significant chuckle here.
Tashi ceiling reference?

Slaker117

i0Lc2y0oHRIKt.png

iPGhaBit9Kn9K.png

Great job man, looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom