• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zap

Trying to convince "Cod people" to buy or play Halo is like talking to a brick wall. They have 101 excuses why Halo sucks. I think mostly the problem is you have to actually be good at video games to play Halo. People hate games if they cant win. Halo is like a religion and I am always trying to convert people for some reason.

Just explain that you can have a 9 year younger preggo gf if you play Halo.

CoD fans are the type of people that use composite cords on their HDTVs. They are more likely to laugh at the fact that Halo has aliens in it and call it unrealistic.

Thats true, and they'll be making fun of aliens while playing a technically superior game with crisp fluid gameplay that people instinctively flock to like the Salmon of the Capistrano.

and Computer you don't have to be good to play Halo. I literally shit on tens of kids nightly in Halo that are terrible.

DeadNames

Banned
Trying to convince "Cod people" to buy or play Halo is like talking to a brick wall. They have 101 excuses why Halo sucks. I think mostly the problem is you have to actually be good at video games to play Halo. People hate games if they cant win. Halo is like a religion and I am always trying to convert people for some reason.

"Halo takes no skill! All you have to do is get the rockets and you win!".

BigShow36

99% of the people I play CoD with or have played CoD with are past Halo players. They left Halo because of what Halo changed into; slow paced, plodding, boring, easy-mode Halo that's not much fun for most FPS fans.

Most of them want what Halo used to be, and CoD is simply what they play in the meantime. None of them take it serious like they did with CE or 2.

I know its popular to shit on CoD, but the fact is that Halo dropped the ball, not that it's so leet that most people can't handle it.

99% of the people I play CoD with or have played CoD with are past Halo players. They left Halo because of what Halo changed into; slow paced, plodding, boring, easy-mode Halo that's not much fun for most FPS fans.

Most of them want what Halo used to be, and CoD is simply what they play in the meantime. None of them take it serious like they did with CE or 2.

I know its popular to shit on CoD, but the fact is that Halo dropped the ball, not that it's so leet that most people can't handle it.

Great post. Nailed it.

Aggrotek

"Halo takes no skill! All you have to do is get the rockets and you win!".

image.php

So very true. I've tried to show my brothers and friends that play CoD more than Halo by, in the past, influencing them with Halo 3 and Reach Campaign & MP which are Competitive yet Fun. Didn't like it enough until I showed them what 343 introduced at E3. F*king Speechless. They reconsidered their preorders and put down $ on Halo 4 LE.

kylej

Banned
That map was so good it had an entire playlist devoted to it. It was far and away the most balanced map in the game. It was symmetrical, few places to hide (relative to other maps), punished sucking, rewarded being great, and fit every game type except Ground War and FFA.

This is a joke post, right? The most balanced map in the game? It also wasn't symmetrical and had plenty of places to hide. Nuketown had the easiest spawn trap in the whole game. Put a person in each alleyway next to the enemy team's house, put one on the deck, and start chucking nades into the corners of the backyard... My team would have an endless cycle of blackbirds, chopper gunners, and dogs running within a minute of the game starting. That map was a complete mess.

This is a joke post, right? The most balanced map in the game? It also wasn't symmetrical and had plenty of places to hide. Nuketown had the easiest spawn trap in the whole game. Put a person in each alleyway next to the enemy team's house, put one on the deck, and start chucking nades into the corners of the backyard... My team would have an endless cycle of blackbirds, chopper gunners, and dogs running within a minute of the game starting. That map was a complete mess.
the maps was on the same level as Rust and Dome in terms of terrible-ness in CoD imo

Noricart

While all you guys have friends who have quit Halo for Call of Duty I only have friends that have never played Halo, only COD. With the exception of my best friend, who I played CE co-op with a lot.
The fact that I know people who think Halo is just your everyday shooter makes me sad, kinda like an old man surrounded by a younger generation that can't appreciate the music of the past.
Although I don't really care for MLG, where do I vote for Halo.....I'd like to support.

http://feedback.majorleaguegaming.c...rcuit-feedback-forum/suggestions/3041253-halo

I'll be home all day so leave a message here or on
FacebookGAF
when you want to play.

I'm downloading the Forces of Nature map pack right now and I think Tawpgun is already in some Team Deathmatch.

Wow, now the Wolfpack/Team SLRP is jumping ship to Gears?

About COD, I find it hilarious that people are labeling "COD people" or "COD fans" as some certain type of scrubby individual. You want to know who "COD people" are? Everyone that owns a Xbox. Everyone plays the games, including a lot of the people that are hardcore Halo fans.

The first complaint that I hear about Halo from people that commonly play COD or other popular military shooters is that it teaks forever to kill anyone/the weapons are so weak. That is a perfectly valid complaint. In H3 and Reach, the default starting weapon in the AR, which is hands down one of least powerful and least rewarding/engaging/interesting weapons to use in the Shooter genre.

For me it is :(

Only time it's tolerable for me is when I'm playing Search and Destroy.
Although that's only because S&D is my favorite CoD gametype.

Try to play domination or hardcore. freaking mess

COD players love this maps because is very small and you can get more easy multikills.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You want Halo 4 to copy more things from CoD?!?!?!

I thought you were pure, Fracas.
I want the good things! Give me Gun Game, hit markers, S&D, and Domination.

Kill everything else with fire.

edit: actually no, I don't want Search and Destroy. Rush from Battlefield would be better

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Aren't we the coy one...Care to share with this rest of us?

No worries on MS points, you're welcome to them if you want. It's just a fun thing I started after watching the Halo Council video.

We already talked about most of them. We got access to the Promethean Grenade, Light Rifle, we got killed by a Forerunner Sniper Rifle, and I actually found out about another secret/unrevealed Forerunner weapon by complete accident.

Overdoziz

Banned
I've long ago stopped playing CoD games. Too much dumb shit in those games that annoys me. CoD4 is still fun every now and then though.

Noricart

Thanks and Voted. So let me get this straight, whichever game has the highest amount of votes will be in the MLG circuit?

Honestly if MLG as whole knows that Halo 2 and 3 exist, there would be no reason to have a vote for Halo. I don't know the impetus that made Halo Reach THE Halo game on the circuit. Hopefully it'll be brought back regardless of votes.
To answer your question: It seems that it is only a suggestion, MLG can do whatever they want.

I've been playing CoD4 all day, so much fun. A balanced Call of Duty, who knew?
Erm, what?
Stopping Power + M16= 1 shot kill.
When a kill in a game simply burns down to looking at the other guy first, something that kills insanely fast isn't balanced.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
if you generalize "cod gamers" and "cod people" you're being a big dumb fanboy and that stuff got old in the 4th grade. i prefer halo to cod, some people prefer cod to halo. who cares?

The first complaint that I hear about Halo from people that commonly play COD or other popular military shooters is that it teaks forever to kill anyone/the weapons are so weak. That is a perfectly valid complaint.

interesting, i also heard this before when trying to get people to jump ship to halo this fall. i wonder what the default AR in halo 4 will be.

Word on the street is no more one knife kills in Black Ops 2. Now that would be a welcomed change.
thank god. the whole reason a knife kill in CS Gun Game took you down a level is because it's really hard to knife when compared to shooting. in CoD it's not like that at all

Ramirez

COD 2 MP was excellent.

I remember running around with the sniper like it was just any regular gun, didn't even have to scope at all, trash.

Taking out snipers would increase my enjoyment of the CoD series by a million, too bad too many people love quick scoping, ugh.

Also, BLoPs>>>>Ghost of IW CoD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom