• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what else is there to talk about?

topics covered
1. Reach is Bad
2. halo 4 might be good
3. halo 4 is like cod
4. halo 4 is not like cod
5. people overreact to things in old builds of halo
6. frankie teases
7. hints over twitter
8. video's from events we didn't go to
9. offscreen footage
10. random bickering over what everyone likes in a halo game.
11. juniors!?!
12. teh leeks

new:
13. video games that aren't halo

this and the last 3 halo threads in a nutshell.

now im gonna go play some transformers

That list reads like a tracklist for a HaloGaf album.

I will not be buying Blops2. Looks so unappealing to me.

It's the only one that looks vaguely appealing to me, just because it looks like a silly B-movie. I think I saw horses and what resembled the Hornet from Halo 3. I've tried to play COD games before but just cannot get into them, 'modern warfare' setting being so dull to me.

The only argument you should be having about MW2 balance is whether or not it's dog shit or horse shit.

Hahaha

----------------------------------

Speaking of Hornets, I preferred them to Reach's anti-objective Falcon's. Do we have any indication at all as to what the UNSC ariel vehicle will be this go around?

Stupid is as stupid posts.

I just put 6 votes in for Halo.

FPS trump resolution or textures.

Results in more fluid gameplay and actually less controller lag input.

More than 16 players in game.

Arguably better MM. Better DLC implementation.

Its pretty nice man. No reason to call me stupid.

Better host switching. CoD doesn't have games where you sit in a BTB Headlong lobby for 4 minutes before the game even manages to start. Then you play four rounds of everyone red bar game. No.

Enfinit

Falcon. Was spotted in some screenshot. Campaign shot though

Shots of what seems to be the new Pelican we also spotted in some BTS videos, although I can't remember which. I think it was the Conan video. And Banshees were undoubtedly confirmed via RTX forge demo.

FPS trump resolution or textures.

More than 16 players in game.

Arguably better MM. Better DLC implementation.

This is your opinion, I would definitely take really detailed textures over a higher than 30fps framerate any day. The fact that any time I got near an object, all I saw where blurry squares, completely pulled me out of the game every time in COD.

As far as controller lag, a good game engine can take controller input more than once per frame, you may not see the first frame of movement but it still happens.

Overdoziz

Banned
I would definitely take really detailed textures over a higher than 30fps framerate any day.
iblJOtJjBKnUY.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Shots of what seems to be the new Pelican we also spotted in some BTS videos, although I can't remember which. I think it was the Conan video. And Banshees were undoubtedly confirmed via RTX forge demo.

We ain't getting Pelican for multiplayer, that's for sure.
I wouldn't mind Falcon having passenger seats in MP but i'd rather not allow them to transport objective holders. Even if it requires coordination, transporting an objective by foot or a ground vehicle is so much more interesting and hazardous.

http://i.minus.com/iblJOtJjBKnUY.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I too would take better graphics over better frame rate. As long as the frame rate is locked to 30 at least, that's far more important...

heckfu

Banned
Holy shit, Alan Wake is incredible. Just finished episode 1 and know I have to take a break so I'll have it over a longer span to enjoy it.

I didn't call you stupid. Your post was stupid. Call of Duty runs at a higher frame rate by virtue of its technical inferiority.

Pretty sure that's not correct either. The frequency at which the game reads input isn't dependent on the frame rate any more than the frame rate should be divisible by the input read frequency. I think Reach reads inputs 10 times per second or every three frames, iirc. Do we know what CoD reads at?

Duji

People would seriously take better textures in place of a decent framerate? Dear lord.

The only reason I'm not much against Halo having 30 fps is because the crazy in-game physics wouldn't be possible with 60fps with the current Xbox architecture.

Things like having a BTB game with a banshee getting stuck, blowing up, and having debris fly into dudes resulting in hilarious ragdolls would probably be impossible in 60fps due to the dated hardware of the 360.

I didn't call you stupid. Your post was stupid. Call of Duty runs at a higher frame rate by virtue of its technical inferiority.

What lol? Stupid is as stupid posts and then you say I have a stupid post. That means you're saying I'm stupid...?

Anyways its technical inferiority in said areas allows it to be technically superior in the true areas that matters. :)

Sticking to it, people don't even know they want it but they do!

Holy shit, Alan Wake is incredible. Just finished episode 1 and know I have to take a break so I'll have it over a longer span to enjoy it.

I can't decide if I should get Alan Wake or Arkham City. Both are $30 GoD and can be found for $20 elsewhere. Suggestions GAF?

Falcon. Was spotted in some screenshot. Campaign shot though

Blergh if true

if any of you guys used to play Super Mario 64, there's a guy streaming his 120 star speedrun right now. It's extremely impressive

http://sv.twitch.tv/siglemic

Thanks for posting this. The guy is insane. 12 hours a day. He's so good. I remember this game blowing my mind when I was a young boy. That I'm watching a person who has seemingly dedicated their life to perfecting a speed run in said game, in 2012, live ... the future is here.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
People who want better textures are the reason we have cinematic framerates. Don't get me wrong, there's a balance between the two. I just hope H4 has a locked 30 and they can just cancel Forge if it doesn't lock at 30 either.

The only thing cod is technically superior to is the last game they released. Everything else including lego games are more technically superior renderers.

Overdoziz

Banned
Played the demos of both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City and neither did anything for me. I don't get what's so great about them.

I am happy that we will get a native 720p game with locked 30fps at this stage of the console cycle. (I hope the framerate is locked)

Then I look at this screenshot and say: This game gonna be good.

I can't decide if I should get Alan Wake or Arkham City. Both are $30 GoD and can be found for $20 elsewhere. Suggestions GAF?
I thought you could get an Alan Wake code for $5-10 at Ebay?

Ramirez

AW is good, it got kind of repetitive towards the end though...

Arkham City is amazing though, definitely a better value than AW at the same price.

kylej

Banned
Thanks for posting this. The guy is insane. 12 hours a day. He's so good. I remember this game blowing my mind when I was a young boy. That I'm watching a person who has seemingly dedicated their life to perfecting a speed run in said game, in 2012, live ... the future is here.

I'm pretty sure Sig is actually insane. For reals. He's been doing those Mario runs for forever. I don't know how his brain can handle the repetition.

For those who have never heard of him before, this was his best ever 120 star run - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqGL53OsOfY That's all one take pulled directly from his stream.

Arkham City GOTY is $30 at Amazon/GameStop if you're interested Yuhas. I'm loving it so far, but not sure if I like it more or less than Alan Wake at this point.

I'm pretty sure Sig is actually insane. For reals. He's been doing those Mario runs for forever. I don't know how his brain can handle the repetition.

For those who have never heard of him before, this was his best ever 120 star run - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqGL53OsOfY That's all one take pulled directly from his stream.

Yeah, I would go crazy if I played for that long. But him going crazy is worth it because I love watching speed runs.

I thought you could get an Alan Wake code for $5-10 at Ebay?
Yeah I have a linked saved for $6.24, and free shipping for a code. I actually think it was you that sent that to me a while back and I meant to purchase, but never did. Looks like I'll get both.
Arkham City GOTY is $30 at Amazon/GameStop if you're interested Yuhas. I'm loving it so far, but not sure if I like it more or less than Alan Wake at this point.

What comes in the GOTY edition? Cause if I buy it GoD, I can get it right now, on my hard drive.

EDIT: Holy shit that box art of the GOTY edition makes me not want to get it. So bad lol.

Released

Pretty sure that's not correct either. The frequency at which the game reads input isn't dependent on the frame rate any more than the frame rate should be divisible by the input read frequency. I think Reach reads inputs 10 times per second or every three frames, iirc. Do we know what CoD reads at?

CoD reads every four frames, but in a 60fps game, that leads to roughly 70ms of input lag. When Reach is functioning optimally at 30fps (which isn't too often, unfortunately), it has 100ms of input lag. Higher frame rates definitely lead to more responsive controls.

He's starting again after doing a 120 star run in under 1hour 50. Less than 30 minute break.

Thinking about playing it that much makes me a bit sick

http://sv.twitch.tv/siglemic

I am happy that we will get a native 720p game with locked 30fps at this stage of the console cycle. (I hope the framerate is locked)

Then I look at this screenshot and say: This game gonna be good.

Whoa I just noticed something about that image. The foregrounds light source is off to the right and the shadows are being cast to the left. The backgrounds light source is the exact opposite and it is casting shadows to the right. Uhh, why?

Get Arkham City and PM me if you want a free Alan Wake code. I have one of those cards from a 360 I bought for my gf and never used it so I could just give it to someone.

Whoa I just noticed something about that image. The foregrounds light source is off to the right and the shadows are being cast to the left. The backgrounds light source is the exact opposite and it is casting shadows to the right. Uhh, why?

Patented light/gravity-bending Shield World Sun technology.

What's up with all those falling/floating rocks up in the top-left of that pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom