• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

He's a pretty cool guy.

One thing in the LE will cause a significant chuckle here.

Exclusive AA:

V85il.jpg

BELI343!

Reach runs at ~30 fps most of the time, according to Digital Foundry, so I don't know where you're getting the "not to often" comment. It has drops that can be reproduced in certain scenarios, but it's at ~30 fps over 99% of the time.

And your second point doesn't make sense. If CoD read input at every 10 frames, for example, it wouldn't be as responsive as Reach, despite having a higher frame rate. Higher frame rate isn't a sufficient condition for less input lag.

Its the truth. Less controller input latency for games with higher framerates.

Go play CoD for a week straight then switch to Halo and you'll notice the difference.

He's a pretty cool guy.

One thing in the LE will cause a significant chuckle here.

Is one of the exclusive emblems a Barn?

I will enjoy AR'ing you at close range, what you gonna do HUH!!??!?

Oh, I'm definitely going to use it to cause a little rage now and again. Plus I have to go the first what, 5 or 10 levels using it?

Top one isn't Orbital. Orbital looks like EVA, but striped.

I'd find a pic, but I'm too lazy.

It's not striped, the visor is just panelled in a sense, and the way the light hits it in the loadout screen makes it appear striped.

mhi

Anyone whose played in the network tests(ffriends ) for Halo 4 will tell you this game is more like COD only in the sense of added perks/addons/care packages/watevs but certainly not in gameplay.

The only "outtaknowwhere" are the Mech Suits.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone whose played in the network tests for Halo 4 will tell you this game is more like COD only in the sense of added gameplay but certainly not in gameplay.

GO ON

edit: wait, i'm confused.

Noricart

Anyone whose played in the network tests(ffriends ) for Halo 4 will tell you this game is more like COD only in the sense of added gameplay but certainly not in gameplay.

Tread lightly.

Aggrotek

Alright HaloGAF, just published the final version of my HaloGAF logo wear.

HaloGAF shirt final. Grey logo

It can be used on T-shirts, V-Necks, hoodies or whatever. Anyone who plans on buying one and wants a different colored logo, PM me. I'll alter it and send you a private link. Figuring out to get the NeoGAF logo right took forever, but I am very happy with how it all turned out. If you order relatively soon, you should receive them before PAX.

Examples of the final look.

i0Lc2y0oHRIKt.png

iPGhaBit9Kn9K.png

This is my only question.

I plan on giving a code here when I get my LE on launch day, (If anyone's on HaloGAF lol), through PM.

Also by which retail will Light Rifle Skin is a bonus code when you pre-order Halo 4?

Edit: LE Console? Gotcha, Thnx.

DeadNames

Banned
I plan on giving a code here when I get my LE on launch day, (If anyone's on HaloGAF lol), through PM.

Also by which retail will Light Rifle Skin is a bonus code when you pre-order Halo 4?

I think you get the skin if you buy the Halo 4 console.

Also, what ever happened to the killcams that were leaked? Were those scrapped?

a zoojoo

Banned
I think you get the skin if you buy the Halo 4 console.

Also, what ever happened to the killcams that were leaked? Were those scrapped?
We can't know for sure, because there were features in the internal beta that weren't at the E3 build[a later build]. They might've just not been ready?

DeadNames

Banned
We can't know for sure, because there were features in the internal beta that weren't at the E3 build[a later build]. They might've just not been ready?

To be honest, I hope they are just an option for customs. I hate killcams. Final killcams are pretty cool though.

If I remember right, I don't think killcams ever actually existed in it. I think it turned out to be a misinterpretation of unclear footage? I could be wrong.

Meh. I hope so.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is anybody playing something? I'm incredibly bored, haha.

Except Reach.
Sorry kittens
edit: gah, shadowed by an ellis post :/

Released

And your second point doesn't make sense. If CoD read input at every 10 frames, for example, it wouldn't be as responsive as Reach, despite having a higher frame rate. Higher frame rate isn't a sufficient condition for less input lag.

But can Reach read at every single frame to become more responsive than CoD? Considering there is not a single 30fps game that is capable of doing that, I'd say that a high frame rate is a sufficient condition for less input lag.

xxJuicesxx said:
Go play CoD for a week straight then switch to Halo and you'll notice the difference.

A really good way to tell the difference is to play a PC game, many of which allow you to change the fps. The difference between playing Quake at 30fps and 125fps is huge.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright HaloGAF, just published the final version of my HaloGAF logo wear.

HaloGAF shirt final. Grey logo

It can be used on T-shirts, V-Necks, hoodies or whatever. Anyone who plans on buying one and wants a different colored logo, PM me. I'll alter it and send you a private link. Figuring out to get the NeoGAF logo right took forever, but I am very happy with how it all turned out. If you order relatively soon, you should receive them before PAX.

Examples of the final look.

i0Lc2y0oHRIKt.png

iPGhaBit9Kn9K.png

Great work. You getting Evil to put them in the Gaf store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom