• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

So I basically effed myself in the A, and had to do hours worth of corrections to the logo. But now, it is final, it is finished, it is lovely. And yes Mr. Wayne, it comes in black.

HaloGAF logo Final. Grey

HaloGAF logo Final. Black

It took so long to get it perfected, I hope everyone enjoys.

They look amazing. Very, very well done. Picking the black logo and still deciding on the background color, although I'm leaning towards blue.

Also, can anyone verify if the sizes run smaller/larger, etc.? I'm usually a large in all the merchandise I wear, just making sure.

EDIT: Black shirt with grey logo looks pretty slick.

Ramirez

So I just played a game of 4 player FF on Beachhead after hearing about the payouts. What I witnessed can only be described as pathetic...

My 3 teammates just wanted to block the stairway with a vehicle and then hide up top the entire 30 minutes in a corner...apparently if you block the stairway the AI just freezes up and won't even attempt to move past the object.

Anyways, the huge payout for hanging in for that garbage? 6K...hooray.

Needless to say, I blew up all the vehicles as much as possible, and got a lot of hate messages.

Enfinit

So I just played a game of 4 player FF on Beachhead after hearing about the payouts. What I witnessed can only be described as pathetic...

My 3 teammates just wanted to block the stairway with a vehicle and then hide up top the entire 30 minutes in a corner...apparently if you block the stairway the AI just freezes up and won't even attempt to move past the object.

Needless to say, I blew up all the vehicles as much as possible, and got a lot of hate messages.

At least you're lucky they weren't AFK. Searching solo in FF is worse than general matchmaking.

nicolascagelaugha2fck.gif

-_- I went from lurking to being a Junior.. Time to get used to this

nillapuddin

dangerbyrnes, pm'd you about map.

btw, you woke a happily resting monster, havent forged since november..
forged for 3 hours this evening.

Ken

Haha.

Blops is one of the most fun games I have ever played.

Agreed, with the emphasise on gunplay and the tools to encourage running and gunning I thought it was one of the more skilful and fun CoDs out there. The others where pretty much Just about abusing the cheap sandbox.

Maybe it helped that black ops came out against reach and generally the other games came out during halo 3's run, that might have tinted my enjoyment of them but I did play them a lot and I still think BOs is the most enjoyable.

Gotta see overlook with 100% chances of AFK or dudes trying to get out of the map then AFK

Ugh. Apparently I can't ever post shit that's acceptable or not old here.

feel your pain bro, this OTs move really fast

Ramirez

You should play a game of Reach and tell us about it.

I got the train ran on me about 4 games in a row tonight by kids with 3.0 K/Ds, feels good man.

I love how in Reach when you see someone with a K/D like that, you already know to expect lots and lots of jetpacking, map flow out the wazoo.

Gotta see overlook with 100% chances of AFK or dudes trying to get out of the map then AFK

feel your pain bro, this OTs move really fast

Yeah dude, they really do. I like it but when I find something good that like hasn't been posted on BNet or Waypoint, it's like months old here when I'm about to post it.

GhaleonEB

At least you're lucky they weren't AFK. Searching solo in FF is worse than general matchmaking.

This was my experience today.

Firefight Doubles, Limited NEP, on Corvette. Right up there with Beachhead as my favorite game type and map combo.

Me: 149 Kills, 1 Death

Partner: 50 Kills, 13 Deaths

Many of the people around here do better than than in Multiplayer. And he had host.

My death comes as I'm the last man standing, sandwiched between two Hunters and four Elites in a hallway. Took down one Hunter and two Elites, but alas.

It's one of the things that worries me about Spartan Ops. The game might be great, but it's the people that need an upgrade.

Enfinit

Firefight Doubles, Limited NEP, on Corvette. Right up there with Beachhead as my favorite game type and map combo.

Many of the people around here do better than than in Multiplayer. And he had host.

My death comes as I'm the last man standing, sandwiched between two Hunters and four Elites in a hallway. Took down one Hunter and two Elites, but alas.

It's one of the things that worries me about Spartan Ops. The game might be great, but it's the people that need an upgrade.
I'm not sure why you guys even bother going to FF solo, I've never had a good experience in it (not to mention I always have a slight lag because I can never pull host). 99% of the time I need to play FF (which is really only for challenges at this point) it's solely Score Attack. The remaining 1% is if a friend wants to tackle a challenge in Doubles, which rarely happens.

FF can be really fun, just as long as you're not solo (excluding Score Attack).

I got the train ran on me about 4 games in a row tonight by kids with 3.0 K/Ds, feels good man.

I love how in Reach when you see someone with a K/D like that, you already know to expect lots and lots of jetpacking, map flow out the wazoo.

So much cheese in one game it's ridic.

blamite

I've been playing a bunch of Rumble Pit/Anni FFA tonight and I've realized it's the most fun I've had on Reach is a long time. Why id nobody tell me this was still fun?

Rumble Pit's really nice, it's usually slayer with the occasional objective games that usually get vetoed, but the best part is that there are no shitty forge maps other than Uncaged and Asylum. And I think I only played Sword Base once or twice tonight. Guess I know where I'm sticking until Halo 4.

I'm not sure why you guys even bother going to FF solo, I've never had a good experience in it (not to mention I always have a slight lag because I can never pull host). 99% of the time I need to play FF (which is really only for challenges at this point) it's solely Score Attack. The remaining 1% is if a friend wants to tackle a challenge in Doubles, which rarely happens.

FF can be really fun, just as long as you're not solo (excluding Score Attack).

To piggyback off FF - Firefight Versus was such an awesome idea until I realized how it was going to be handled. It disappeared how quickly because the netcode was so unplayable? Shit even taking it to the next step like what Gears is doing with Overrun that you can use the different species in PvP matches (Beast Mode vs actual players / Horde) - that was my dream for FF Versus when it was first announced

Pretty sure the AI targets the host by design.

Fuchsdh

If you complain about teammates Ghal we need to play. Always up for some non-Arcadefight.

cocamola

Banned
I've been playing a bunch of Rumble Pit/Anni FFA tonight and I've realized it's the most fun I've had on Reach is a long time. Why id nobody tell me this was still fun?

Rumble Pit's really nice, it's usually slayer with the occasional objective games that usually get vetoed, but the best part is that there are no shitty forge maps other than Uncaged and Asylum. And I think I only played Sword Base once or twice tonight. Guess I know where I'm sticking until Halo 4.

You only got sword base twice? Count yourself lucky. I get that ever other map when I search Rumble Pit. Countdown/Pinnacle are the worst FFA maps in the playlist though.
Countdown is camp Shotgun to win, and same with Pinnacle. (Tower of Over powered more like)

Its the truth. Less controller input latency for games with higher framerates.

Go play CoD for a week straight then switch to Halo and you'll notice the difference.
If you didn't know what "sufficient condition" meant, then you shouldn't have replied. When dealing with a single game, where the input is read at a set frequency, yes, a higher frame rate will yield lower input lag. When talking about different games, it's completely dependant on the way each engine reads input which is a specific design element unto itself.

Again, this was your argument:

Game A runs at a higher frame rate than Game B

Therefore, Game A has less input lag than Game B.

It's not sound, and a single example (CoD vs. Halo) or any other finite number of examples doesn't make it more sound.

My twitter must be messed up. I didn't see that in my feed.

I hope Kiki was pushed through. I was working with a mod but I never got a final return PM...
Ugh that sucks. Maybe try a different mod? Charlequin!
I'm more baffled by the mention of Team Fortress 2.
I would love to see a "pro" Team Fortress 2, even if it is MLG. But most likely my interest would decline after a few matches. The game is a lot of fun to look at.

I would also love to see a TF2 relaunch on consoles. :( Kind of like CS: Go I guess.

Really, CS 1.6? People wanting Halo 2 back have nothing on those guys... it's great that you are good at an eleven year old game but things move on.
Really, Chess? People wanting CS 1.6 have nothing on those guys .. it's great that you are good at an eleven year old game but things move on.

TheOddOne

I would love to see a "pro" Team Fortress 2, even if it is MLG. But most likely my interest would decline after a few matches. The game is a lot of fun to look at.

I would also love to see a TF2 relaunch on consoles. :( Kind of like CS: Go I guess.
I just wonder how they are going to balance it all, with the huge boosters and so. Then I also wonder if the base game is still as fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom