• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been apprehensive about posting even though I've been approved for quite some time because of the massive amount of juniors in here. My name is Crimson Kopite and I'm from Alabama, 24 years old, etc.

I've played with some of you before but didn't really love Reach so I didn't play a ton, really just waiting on Halo 4. The only reason I posted was to compliment YourExWife on that gif...just masterful.

Again, sorry that I'm a junior but I'm funny or something. And blame Heckfu, he's the one who brought me here.

Why thank you sir :)

For the record, I didn't make it myself, but I thought that was the best time. Been sitting on that puppy all day.

Welcome and all that. Your name looks familiar. Have we played?

JHall

I bet there'll be a Team Slayer and Infinity Slayer playlist, plus an "Infinity Skirmish" that's a mix of 5v5 Slayer and Objective. At the very least, I would guess Team Slayer and Infinity Slayer will be separate playlists.

Having way too many playlists really hurts the population. There should only be a few playlists:

FFA
Doubles
Infinity Slayer
Team Objective
Team Hardcore (Classic slayer and objective)
BTB
Action Sack (grifball, infection, etc.)

Tawpgun

They are not going to let that happen. Especially since they are hyping SpOps.

And have fun with TDKR. In my opinion it is not a great movie.

You're putting a lot of faith in something that, imo, seems like its not gonna happen. And the fact that just because something is hyped doesn't mean its going to deliver.

Remember the insane amount of hype Firefight 2.0 got. ALL THOSE OPTIONS.

THAT NO ONE EVER USES.

Also Dark Knight Rises was great. Not sure where it stands in the trilogy though.

Here are alternate placement examples.
Could you make one where its a HUGE logo? Like the wings reach up to the shoulders?

L1NETT

I've been apprehensive about posting even though I've been approved for quite some time because of the massive amount of juniors in here. My name is Crimson Kopite and I'm from Alabama, 24 years old, etc.

Welcome. Hope you enjoy posting here :)

On Infinity Slayer, it is a separate gametype to Normal Slayer, http://halo.xbox.com/halo4/en-US?#!halo-evolved/gametypes/97da5ab3-e0fd-4a3e-b51f-92fa20029ded

Although I hope it is the same playlist. If they are not, it may be a team slayer/super slayer situation.

EDIT: Girfball and Swat have to be separate playlists, sorry. No way Action Sack can be Swat, Snipers, Zombies and Grifball.

Having way too many playlists really hurts the population. There should only be a few playlists:

FFA
Doubles
Infinity Slayer
Team Objective
Team Hardcore (Classic slayer and objective)
BTB
Action Sack (grifball, infection, etc.)

Competitive:
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Doubles
Lone Wolves
MLG

Infinity(Social):
Infinity Slayer (rumble pit)
Infinity Team Slayer
Infinity Objective
BTB
Action Sack (Swat/Snipers/Zombies/Grifball)

I've played with some of you before but didn't really love Reach so I didn't play a ton, really just waiting on Halo 4. The only reason I posted was to compliment YourExWife on that gif...just masterful.

Again, sorry that I'm a junior but I'm funny or something. And blame Heckfu, he's the one who brought me here.

Roll Tide, bitches. <3

Why thank you sir :)

For the record, I didn't make it myself, but I thought that was the best time. Been sitting on that puppy all day.

Welcome and all that. Your name looks familiar. Have we played?

You still get credit for unleashing it here. You might have played with me when I was Tidebuzz. I decided that I needed to let go of the 5 year old gamertag a few weeks ago. I was probably the guy apologizing profusely after killing a teammate.

JHall

Competitive:
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Doubles
Lone Wolves
MLG

Infinity(Social):
Infinity Slayer (rumble pit)
Infinity Team Slayer
Infinity Objective
BTB
Action Sack (Swat/Snipers/Zombies/Grifball)

That works, I feel with too many playlists the population really stretches out causing people to not get matched up with people of their skill level. Like in Reach.

I bet there'll be a Team Slayer and Infinity Slayer playlist, plus an "Infinity Skirmish" that's a mix of 5v5 Slayer and Objective. At the very least, I would guess Team Slayer and Infinity Slayer will be separate playlists.
Oh lawd, if Halo 4 MM were to start like that, we've already lost. That would be terrible.

The only difference between infinity and "regular" slayer is personal ordnance or not. For that to make them separate playlists is ridiculous, and would set a horrible precedent for Halo 4 MM.

War Games playlists:
Team Slayer
Rumble Pit
Team Objective
BTB
Team Doubles (I don't really see the point of this at launch do to the map sizes in H4, but I know they will have it there anyway.)
Team Hardcore (possibly not at launch)
Team SWAT*
Team Snipers*

Weekend playlists (rotation of action sack, Zombies, grifball)

*SWAT and Snipers is another situation where they will be there, just being realistic about that.

8 permanent playlists, outside of an argument for a 9th permanent playlist being Multi-Team, I don't see any reason for more playlists than that. I feel like this is a generous list, I would like even less playlists.

Ship it.

MLG Pros who played the game for a few matches and did not have the time to experiment. Let's give them more time, maybe they won't use PV after a while anymore.

Kuroyume

Banned
Whatever happens with the playlist I hope they at lwast keep snipers out of all the playlists that are not Snipers. Hate that shit. The last time I enjoyed snipers was H2. Playing H3/Reach snipers was almost like torture.

Infinity slayer is personal ordinance drops. So in regular slayer the weapons spawn in somewhat random yet predictable places. Everyone in the game will have a heads up on when and where a weapon spawns. Via some kind of on screen display. Is this correct?

FyreWulff

You're putting a lot of faith in something that, imo, seems like its not gonna happen. And the fact that just because something is hyped doesn't mean its going to deliver.

Remember the insane amount of hype Firefight 2.0 got. ALL THOSE OPTIONS.

THAT NO ONE EVER USES.

In all honesty though, that Firefight customization menu is a jungle. I'm glad to have the options available at least.

CyReN

MLG Pros who played the game for a few matches and did not have the time to experiment. Let's give them more time, maybe they won't use PV after a while anymore.

The problem is the pro players have too much pride (which I can't really hate). So they are going to play with what they are comfortable and won't try other things. Best Man got a lot of shit for trying to do different things in the game and it showed.

Personally I want to see gameplay from not a Day 1 only player or a pro but someone in between.

kylej

Banned
Like we saw at E3 with all the Halo pros.

Even though prothean vision provides immediate feedback on the exact location of every member of the enemy team no matter where they are on the map and can be used as quickly and as many times as you want, I don't think people will use it. Don't really see why they would, honestly. I trust 343.

Interesting double standard. when players like the game it's because they are just on a honeymoon period. Don't like it? Must be bad.

mhi

Eh ?

Don't know how the game is gonna handle playlists but from I saw 'ordinance drops'(maybe they had another name?) work pretty much like care packages in COD. After reaching a certain number of kills w/out dying you get a powerup.

The personal ordnance (points filling meter) is Infinity gametypes only.
The global ordnance is just the new weapon drop system, instead of simply appearing in static positions at static times.
(pretty sure old system is still possible through forge though)

wwm0nkey

Eh ?

Don't know how the game is gonna handle playlists but from I saw 'ordinance drops'(maybe they had another name?) work pretty much like care packages in COD. After reaching a certain number of kills w/out dying you get a powerup.

Only in Infinity Slayer

L1NETT

Even though prothean vision provides immediate feedback on the exact location of every member of the enemy team no matter where they are on the map and can be used as quickly and as many times as you want, I don't think people will use it. Don't really see why they would, honestly.

If 343 have nerfed the recharge time, then I think the AA efficiency ability will be very popular.

I can't see myself using much apart from PV.

Risen

Not choosing PV because of a personal preference is not balancing, it's just personal preference. It's maybe the single largest reason why using a metric of how much it's used in testing can be flawed. What if people just like other things more? Particularly new things they have yet to try. Pros... or anyone choosing to play something else and use it because they like it more has nothing to do with how over powered or unbalanced an item is, or if another item is "more powerful".

Take a look at the Type 95 with Rapid Fire and Red Dot in MW3. It is by far the most powerful starting weapon in the game. It turns the game into Hardcore because it has the capability to one shot anyone within medium to short range... even on bad connections. It outclasses every other starting gun at all but long ranges.

Yet people choose to use other things... because of personal choice... that doesn't make it balanced, it just means there are other more interesting guns people would like to use based on their play style.

Even without playing the game one can understand the similarity in PV use... I see, as do others, ways in which it is completely overpowered as presented in the pre-release footage. Doesn't mean I'd enjoy using it... nor does it mean I necessarily would just because it is so powerful. I may love the feeling of Thruster Pack... or some other item, and go with it because it's just more fun - not because it is inherently better.

In the same way with Reach, when Evade was in I hardly used it even when it made sense to do so, the same with Jet Pack... even on Uncaged I refuse to use it and rock sprint... because that's how I like to play.

AKA One of the shits I will definitely avoid.

Bring back the beard of cats

The problem is the pro players have too much pride (which I can't really hate). So they are going to play with what they are comfortable and won't try other things. Best Man got a lot of shit for trying to do different things in the game and it showed.

Personally I want to see gameplay from not a Day 1 only player or a pro but someone in between.
At the latest when they notice that some players outplay them with other armor abilities.

About the direct feed gameplay? If theater is in the game and the next build contains the theater mode, 343i should save some good and exciting matches from PAX or other events and upload them. If it is possible of course.

DeadNames

Banned
If 343 have nerfed the recharge time, then I think the AA efficiency ability will be very popular.

I can't see myself using much apart from PV.

I agree... Thruster's thrust is way too small, hologram is just dumb, hardlight sheild is okay, PV seems pretty good. Autosentry sounds kind of useless, and Regen field sounds okay.

Looks like I'll be using jetpack...

daedalius

Hopefully the competitive segments will stream stripped down tournaments of Halo 4 where everyone starts with BRs and the only other things on the map is one sniper and one rocket.

Its so fun to watch... SO fun...

Infinity slayer is personal ordinance drops. So in regular slayer the weapons spawn in somewhat random yet predictable places. Everyone in the game will have a heads up on when and where a weapon spawns. Via some kind of on screen display. Is this correct?

That's indeed the sad truth. Weapon spawning is now at random time intervals at semi random locations.

I agree... Thruster's thrust is way too small, hologram is just dumb, hardlight sheild is okay, PV seems pretty good. Autosentry sounds kind of useless, and Regen field sounds okay.

Looks like I'll be using jetpack...

From what we saw of Thruster, it actually seems very good. Dave Ellis was using it pretty effectively in the GAF/HBO vs. 343 showdown.

DeadNames

Banned
From what we saw of Thruster, it actually seems very good. Dave Ellis was using it pretty effectively in the GAF/HBO vs. 343 showdown.

I was always thinking about using it or not. Since a lot used PV, very little gameplay of the other AAs was seen (at least for me).

lol, remember when PV was Forerunner vision?

Sorry 343, but a lot of the names for things in Halo 4 are lame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom