• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggrotek

lol just did it and still got it.

y3DO5.gif

I dont care about your life story regarding how people treat you, dont be a dick and you're good with me.

Now post what you know about this weapon you found.

I didn't tell my life story, that would be very long and irrelevant.

a8ypze

Promethean Grenade

a4lnq2

New Location Screenshot. Canyon type

a4ln41

Dumping the pics I found okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA2w1aWefRc ACTIVE CAMO IS BACK

Reaper_concept_wb.jpg

I can't find the video for the weapon but it looks a lot similar to the other Forerunner weapons we've seen.

Sniper.jpg

Mystery+weapon.jpg

I don't know what that is, but you can find it on the Halo 4 page on Xbox.com. The silhouette makes it look kinda like a crossbow.

Is this anything of interest to you guys?

blamite

I didn't tell my life story, that would be very long and irrelevant.

a8ypze

Promethean Grenade

a4lnq2

New Location Screenshot. Canyon type

a4ln41

Dumping the pics I found okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA2w1aWefRc ACTIVE CAMO IS BACK

Reaper_concept_wb.jpg

I can't find the video for the weapon but it looks a lot similar to the other Forerunner weapons we've seen.

Sniper.jpg

Mystery+weapon.jpg

I don't know what that is, but you can find it on the Halo 4 page on Xbox.com. The silhouette makes it look kinda like a crossbow.

KuGsj.gif

Sorry, but those are old, old, old, old, fake and old, old, and old respectively.

Ken

You could just say "everything is old or fake" instead of quoting all the pictures.

Anyways, I think you guys are being overly harsh on Chaos. The guy is trying.

How do you know it's fake? It has NEVER been confirmed as fake. Every thread ever of that weapon on Waypoint was locked immediately and plus I researched that shit.

Old

Older

Same time as last pic

We knew this

Fake

Old

Old its the Axe version of the melee weapon they hold

[/QUOTE]

Sniper.jpg

Mystery+weapon.jpg

See that watermark for LEHB?

Say hello to Shadders, a fellow Halogaffer, who runs that little, english blog :p

This is an honest case of:

Gaf > Internet > Gaf

:lol

Let's review. Even if this is old, it's still fun to look at the pretty pictures.
The Ten New Weapons

Rail Gun
We've yet to see or hear the Rail Gun fired (officially), but you can expect it to behave much like the Spartan Laser, but probably with a bit more splash damage.

Halo_4_railgun.jpg

Sticky Detonator
The first Halo 4 gun to be revealed was the Sticky Detonator. Seen by 343i as a replacement for Halo: Reach's grenade launcher (pro-pipe) it is supposedly much easier to pick up kills with. It sports a much bigger screen than its Reach counterpart to help you time your detonations. Tthe projectiles will now stick to surfaces as opposed to the bouncy projectiles of the Reach equivalent.

Sticky+Detonator.jpg

Unnamed Promethean Weapon
We don't know the name of this weapon, but it can be seen on the Halo 4 page on xbox.com. The silhouette makes it look a bit like a crossbow. We've yet to see it fired so can only speculate as to what role it fills in the arsenal.

Mystery+weapon.jpg

Scattershot
I'm sure we've all seen this beauty in action by now, the Promethean equivalent of the Shotgun. A close range power weapon that vaporises foes. It's rounds can also bounce off hard surfaces which promises some interesting gunplay possibilities.

Scattershot.jpg

Light Rifle
The Light Rifle is the Promethean utility weapon, it has burst fire and single shot modes like the Halo 2 Battle Rifle. In the footage we've seen it has very fast kill times and looks a little overpowered, but I'm sure 343i will be hard at work making sure it fits in nicely alongside the other utility weapons.

lightRifle.jpg

Storm Rifle
The Storm Rifle is an evolution of the previous games' Plasma Rifle, it is rapid fire like its predecessors, but also more accurate due to the longer barrel. The name is interesting as we've seen from some Halo 4 toy packaging that Grunts were referred to as "Storm Grunts". Perhaps "Storm" will be some sort of socio-political faction among the Covenant. This may also go some way to explaining why they're fighting us again.

StormRifle.jpg

Mystery Weapon #2
No silly, not the Rocket Launcher, that stubby gun on the Spartan IV's leg has yet to be officially revealed. It has a similar form factor to the old SMG, but the orange light and angular lines suggest it might be some sort of Promethean secondary weapon.

Mystery+Secondary.jpg

Mystery Weapon #3
This is another weapon that we've yet to see fired, but it looks seriously meaty. With that form factor it has to be a power weapon akin to the Rocket Launcher or Spartan Laser.

Mystery+Weapon2.jpg

Promethean Sniper
The Promethean Sniper was mentioned by David Ellis in the Spartan Ops gameplay video I posted the other day. The long barrel on this weapon would suggest this picture is of the not-yet-officially-announced Promethean Sniper.

Sniper.jpg

Promethean Repeater
The Promethean Repeater was shown in the E3 Spartan Ops build, the name has only been mentioned once by anyone at 343industries when BS Angel referenced it in the Weekly Update that followed E3.

Promethean+Repeater.jpg

It was by Frankie or Ellis a while back.

Oh my god this is too good. Word of advice. Just stop posting news here unless you have some super duper exclusive for some reason. If its out there, it will end up here eventually.

No it actually wasn't. I kept my eye on that weapon and everything about it. And don't tell me what to do.

blamite

Thank you. And I guess trying isn't enough. Only thing interesting were if I got a copy of Halo 4 early and leaked it all over here.

Look, you don't have to only post "news," and nothing else. Post opinions, talk about stuff, contribute to ongoing discussions. Don't start off feeling like you need to prove anything.

That post detailing the weapons was a copy-paste (of a post you probably made) from waypoint. We know about all these weapons; revealing them here is just old news. A better approach would be to offer up some speculation on the functionality of one of them to try to spark some conversation. At this point, you're just re-posting pictures we've already seen following e3.

Anyone up for some Big Team Battle on Reach? If so, add me: Scuderia F1. It's not my account, it's my brothers cause my Xbox is messed up so I'm not playing on my account. I promise I'll play nice.

Tawpgun

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m826mhYYRV1qevj82.gif

Ok.

1. YES. IT WAS CONFIRMED A FAKE. ON THIS VERY SITE. I'll forgive you for not knowing that, since it was before you were here, but the fact that MULTIPLE gaffers have told you it was confirmed fake, and you claim you have kept a close eye on the weapon... Just makes this very hilarious. But makes you come across in a negative way. Keep digging that hole.

2. I never told you what to do. I offered my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom