• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarmerr

All you do is throw some grey pieces around, don't see what's hard. I mean, that is how those other forge maps got into matchmaking.

Edit: This thread is nothing but a melting pot of apathy. We need news within the week!

Agreed with the needing info.

For the last 5 pages we've been comparing community involvement, the implementation of things like spectator mode and ranks into Black Ops and not Halo 4, and the things it takes to stream Halo 4 in a tournament/professional/event based setting and why it's such a big deal for Black Ops, even though it's for a niche community. Posts like this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40732953&postcount=9461

Frankie has been posting about why there's not a spectator mode in Halo 4 as well, and we've been discussing how spectator modes are possible on console.

Things like keeping us up to date on the development of Halo 4 in a more personal way, like the Halo 3 vidocs, and now Treyarch will be answering specific community questions regarding their new video.

Glad to catch you up and I'm sorry I wasted your time by making you click on a link about Call of Duty.

For example, we still don't know if the "bandwidth" issue is actually bandwidth or just resources. We were never given a straight answer.

Ok, for relevancy's sake, where is the press release that Halo 4 will not have spectator mode?

Do you see how these things differ? It would be the same as asking Treyarch why 2-player splitscreen isn't supported over XBL. One company is clarifying a feature they're releasing. The other isn't in a position to answer the questions about a feature they have no ties to.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
All you do is throw some grey pieces around, don't see what's hard. I mean, that is how those other forge maps got into matchmaking.

Edit: This thread is nothing but a melting pot of apathy. We need news within the week!

If only!

I spent all my building block pieces on making the floor of the map floating in the sky. I put 2 grids together to make a longer map because of that sexy DMR range. When I finally the size of the map I guess I can remove the excess floor pieces and use them elsewhere.

u4iX

Ok, for relevancy's sake, where is the press release that Halo 4 will not have spectator mode?

Do you see how these things differ? It would be the same as asking Treyarch why 2-player splitscreen isn't supported over XBL. One company is clarifying a feature they're releasing. The other isn't in a position to answer the questions about a feature they have no ties to.

http://halo.bungie.org/news.html?item=36722

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7504/article/halo-4-multiplayer-won-t-have-spectator-mode/

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/06/13/The-Halo-Bulletin-61312.aspx

If only!

I spent all my building block pieces on making the floor of the map floating in the sky. I put 2 grids together to make a longer map because of that sexy DMR range. When I finally the size of the map I guess I can remove the excess floor pieces and use them elsewhere.

why not just use Colosseum walls?

Oh the irony in linking to a post-E3 Q&A session :lol

Yeah 343 really suck at answering our questions, don't they? That community interaction.

I wouldn't classify their weekly bulletin as a 'press release' but that's just me. Also, what you linked to are press releases for the E3 announcements that they were answering questions about. The difference being, the lack of a spectator mode warranted no more than two lines in response, unlike details surrounding the features they announced. There's enerally quite a difference in how any company handles those things. See my question to Treyarch.

Tashi

After speaking to Domino a few times on and off the podcast I don't really question 343's care for the community. However, Frank refuses to pull strings and get my the OG "Tashi" gamertag so he's on my shit list fo lyfe

FyreWulff

After speaking to Domino a few times on and off the podcast I don't really question 343's care for the community. However, Frank refuses to pull strings and get my the OG "Tashi" gamertag so he's on my shit list fo lyfe

I'll love them forever if someone at 343 changes my Halo 3 callsign to N64.

Also, I think I got a broken Blackmagic Shuttle. Fuck.

u4iX

Yeah, because my entire argument this whole time has been "343 doesn't interact with the community rabble rabble rabble!"

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

malfcn

Posted in the Buy/Sell thread, but figured this would be a good direct audience.

Anyone have a Reach Game on Demandcode for sale? Have a friend that I am getting into Halo and would like to co-op it with him. Thanks.

Posted in the Buy/Sell thread, but figured this would be a good direct audience.

Anyone have a Reach Game on Demandcode for sale? Have a friend that I am getting into Halo and would like to co-op it with him. Thanks.

ebay usually has pretty good deals, i would recommend checking there. amazon is pretty cheap too i think.

edit: half beaten.

Havent you said this before? I think you've said this before.
Goddamn your avatar is sexy.
That's not a serious question. Right?

Halo and COD use completely different engines. And if you haven't noticed, it look like shit. They're not too worried about the quality of the game, as long as they can give their fanboys boners.
What in the actual fuck did I just read. Do you seriously think that the developers of a game are not worried about the quality of their game?

I think I've heard it all now.

You could ask them that, and they would tell you that they do support 2-player splitscreen over XBL. :p

For the record, I don't think u4ix's post was out of line, we've been discussing that topic all day in this thread, and now he gets ripped a new one? (I don't want to be a part of this discussion, just my 2 cents.)

heckfu

Banned
I think the comparisons between the information between the two games is ridiculous. So far Blops2 have given us spectator mode, little tiny quad motors that shoot, and a couple other things.

Halo devs have continually answered questions about armor, weapon unlocks, what weapons are in the game, and a ton of other stuff. Just because Blops have released things that Halo 4 doesn't have doesn't mean that they have in any way released more content in the same light we have asked for, you know?

Where are the blops full games with direct feed? What weapons are in their game? Are there vehicles? Still a million questions about rumors we have heard but no clarification...just patience. Patience is the name of this game.

edit: sorry if there are typos or grammar errors here, i'm in my lab gear and should probably be saving lives or something but felt like weighing in. also, hi everyone.

Tashi

I'll love them forever if someone at 343 changes my Halo 3 callsign to N64.

Also, I think I got a broken Blackmagic Shuttle. Fuck.

Ugh that blows

Yeah, because my entire argument this whole time has been "343 doesn't interact with the community rabble rabble rabble!"

Who said your entire argument this whole time was that? I think people are reacting to the BlOps 2 dev twitter you posted. *shrug*

For the last 5 pages we've been comparing community involvement, the implementation of things like spectator mode and ranks into Black Ops and not Halo 4, and the things it takes to stream Halo 4 in a tournament/professional/event based setting and why it's such a big deal for Black Ops, even though it's for a niche community. Posts like this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40732953&postcount=9461

Frankie has been posting about why there's not a spectator mode in Halo 4 as well, and we've been discussing how spectator modes are possible on console.

Things like keeping us up to date on the development of Halo 4 in a more personal way, like the Halo 3 vidocs, and now Treyarch will be answering specific community questions regarding their new video.

Glad to catch you up and I'm sorry I wasted your time by making you click on a link about Call of Duty.

For example, we still don't know if the "bandwidth" issue is actually bandwidth or just resources. We were never given a straight answer.

I'm just saying how it was relevant, man.

Chill.

We've been talking about getting new information on 343i and if you've been following the thread at all I've made several posts comparing Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 based on the features competitive gamers have been asking for.

Now, Treyarch makes a direct tweet allowing one question to be answered from the video about anything new shown.

Must be nice to have all that bandwidth.

David Vonderhaar
‏@DavidVonderhaar
I love break down videos. I love how wrong they are. I will clarify one thing of your choice from the video in 45 minutes. Ask away.
7:12 PM - 7 Aug 12

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/232992763870842880

It made up quite a bit of your argument and was the only main aspect I was referring to.

You could ask them that, and they would tell you that they do support 2-player splitscreen over XBL. :p

For the record, I don't think u4ix's post was out of line, we've been discussing that topic all day in this thread, and now he gets ripped a new one? (I don't want to be a part of this discussion, just my 2 cents.)

Well shit, they don't do 4 though, right? (You can see the point I was trying to make though, right?)

Do people really think u4ix is getting ripped a new one? I was just disagreeing about the situation both companies are in in terms of what information they are disclosing.

IHaveIce

Banned
I think the comparisons between the information between the two games is ridiculous. So far Blops2 have given us spectator mode, little tiny quad motors that shoot, and a couple other things.

Halo devs have continually answered questions about armor, weapon unlocks, what weapons are in the game, and a ton of other stuff. Just because Blops have released things that Halo 4 doesn't have doesn't mean that they have in any way released more content in the same light we have asked for, you know?

Where are the blops full games with direct feed? What weapons are in their game? Are there vehicles? Still a million questions about rumors we have heard but no clarification...just patience. Patience is the name of this game.

edit: sorry if there are typos or grammar errors here, i'm in my lab gear and should probably be saving lives or something but felt like weighing in. also, hi everyone.

I know what you mean and I agree, but the thing is all these questions all these discussion where Frankie steps in, weren't public, nothing of it will probably reach the casual Halo fan who just wants to see some trailers.

Halo 4 doesn't have a trailer like this for now.

Even friends of mine are asking "Yeah is there something new about Halo 4?" me: " eh -random frankie/ellis post clarification- " Them: "Oh interesting were can I watch this?" Me" it was in a forum post" .. yeah.

I don't really like the CoD trailer, cool features, but nothing like this will get me to play these games again.

Edit: Go to sleep early? oh shit, closing my eyes right now

CyReN

Knew it. SO = Sleep, One

tumblr_m8b3dbDKw01r0nghho7_500.gif

a zoojoo

Banned
What in the actual fuck did I just read. Do you seriously think that the developers of a game are not worried about the quality of their game?

I think I've heard it all now.

That's not what i meant, i meant that is long as they can make fans happy with spending as few resources as possible and make as much money as possible, that's what they will keep doing as long as possible.

Knew it. SO = Sleep, One

node-mind-blown.gif

Okay guys, I've gone over Frank's recent posts, if you look at all the capitalized letters that aren't supposed to be capitalized, you see a pattern:

Frankie is dead, you guys. He's a ghost.

That's why he hasn't given us a number of sleeps. He doesn't sleep anymore.

Swarmerr

Okay guys, I've gone over Frank's recent posts, if you look at all the capitalized letters that aren't supposed to be capitalized, you see a pattern:

Frankie is dead, you guys. He's a ghost.

That's why he hasn't given us a number of sleeps. He doesn't sleep anymore.

mindblown.gif

quick someone get the ghost hunters so we can communicate with frankie lol.

a zoojoo

Banned
Can't really say I believe the bolded at all.

Basic Economics, especially with COD, If you've seen how little the games have changed over the years, but with most installments there has been at least one addition that got fans excited about buying it, and that translates into sales.

Pretty sure, from the post before this one, it's technical:

You know, "Team Downer" and its variants, along with "343 defender" and its variants get thrown around here so much I think I'm going to need an actual list to know who falls where. It's starting to get confusing.

Yes, please. I'm not Team Slurp, but I'm not Team Downer either. I'm on Team zoojoo

Also, Interesting.

@DavidEllis said:
Yep, I might just be going back to bumper jumper as my primary control scheme in Halo 4.

There are about 100 technical reasons, lots to do with networking and perf and all above my technical paygrade to explain.

343 doesn't need defenders guys, they're big boys.
You know, "Team Downer" and its variants along with "343 defender" and its variants get thrown around here so much I think I'm going to need an actual list to know who falls where. It's starting to get confusing.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

You know, "Team Downer" and its variants along with "343 defender" and its variants get thrown around here so much I think I'm going to need an actual list to know who falls where. It's starting to get confusing.

343 White Knights
Me
Ghaleon
Dax
Hydra

Team Downers
Kylej
Juices
The fifteen MLG juniors
Bigshow
Letters

Team Bungie
Duncan
Duncan
Duncan
Duncan

Team Ram
Ram
Tashi

I want a magical set of rings (haloes, gettitZ?) and bright rainbow coloured suits for our team.

Quick question:
Has Black Ops 2 been playable for the public yet? E3? SDCC? RTX?

Will there be a beta?

Can we stop comparing apples to oranges?

Answer: No.

a zoojoo

Banned
343 White Knights
Me
Ghaleon
Dax
Hydra
Overdoz1z

Team Downers
Kylej
Juices
The fifteen MLG juniors
Bigshow
Letters

Team Bungie
Duncan
Duncan
Duncan
Duncan

Team Ram
Ram
Tashi

343 Dark Knights
a zoojoo
Enfinit

Team zoojoo
Stinkles
lybertyboy
ElzarTheBam
MixMasterChief
heckfu
Aggrotek
Mister Negative

I want a magical set of rings (haloes, gettitZ?) and bright rainbow coloured suits for our team.
Lol Premium Quality also fixed and added things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom