• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

You guys are forgetting one of the most important teams there is!

Team Lore Whores
Spaces available: lots
Self-appointed super storyboard cadet: myself
OB-KM912_mcmill_G_20101019115123.jpg

I'll love them forever if someone at 343 changes my Halo 3 callsign to N64.

Also, I think I got a broken Blackmagic Shuttle. Fuck.

Assuming you're using Blackmagic Media Express. Make sure you have the right settings under Edit->Preferences. If in US and doing 720p, make sure you have it set to 720p 59.94 (I believe) or the equivalent option for your current output resolution from the xbox. Make sure you uncheck the stop playback options (stupid and random usually) and DO check the option for playing in the background.

The passthrough doesn't work unless a program is set to the proper resolution and whatnot. To use with Xsplit, get it up in Media Express first, then add the "camera" in Xsplit and set the resolution setting again to the same one you did in ME.

Hope that helps.

Sorry guys but I haven't been up to date on these forums since the move so fast. Was there gonna be new info in tomorrow's update? Or just speculation?

Duji

Without knowing the exact details of how Halo 4's systems work, I can't say exactly. However, here's what was needed in the past few Halo's and what I anticipate will be needed in Halo 4.

• Movement Acceleration (aka strafe speed)
  • Damage Slider, not these arbitrary random percentages
  • Aim Assist Slider

Even without the Aim Assist modifier, we could get by with the first two options and make a great game. Like I said earlier though, there are a lot of other, smaller, things that could be changed for the better, but if we're going with a minimalist request...

Just adding these very basic custom options will increase the games potential by so much. Many of the legendary multiplayer FPS games do not have this absurd "realistic" concept of strafe acceleration and it feels fantastic and increases the skill gap (Quake, RTCW).

And for heaven's sake, can we turn off all aim-assist and magnetism for the rocket launcher by default? It serves absolutely no purpose and causes many shots to be missed, like when you're aiming for the thin ledge where the guy is above you and the aim assist sticks on to him as he jumps, resulting in your rocket shooting past him. It is extremely infuriating.

Any Halo player that has the slightest bit of intelligence knows that you always aim for floor/wall/ledge when firing the rockets instead of going for direct hits. Having aim-assist just lowers the skill gap with the RL.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Twitter is so weird. Sometimes I don't get people's tweets. Like that Alison one

edit: Nevermind. Someone how she was not followed. Weird o_O

Karl2177

Pixel looks like a nice cat. I'm on team boner and team slrp slrp. That might be slightly live ironic. Still no Internet... I didn't think it would be this hard to go a week with only mobile Internet.

FyreWulff

Assuming you're using Blackmagic Media Express. Make sure you have the right settings under Edit->Preferences. If in US and doing 720p, make sure you have it set to 720p 59.94 (I believe) or the equivalent option for your current output resolution from the xbox. Make sure you uncheck the stop playback options (stupid and random usually) and DO check the option for playing in the background.

The passthrough doesn't work unless a program is set to the proper resolution and whatnot. To use with Xsplit, get it up in Media Express first, then add the "camera" in Xsplit and set the resolution setting again to the same one you did in ME.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, about to start on that again. The roommate that got the super Cintiq (dear lord, that thing is HEAVY, I just helped him get it on his desk) gave me his Wacom Intuos2 that he had before. First tablet input device I've ever had:

funny-science-news-experiments-memes-dog-science-fuzzy-logic.jpg

GhaleonEB

For the last 5 pages we've been comparing community involvement, the implementation of things like spectator mode and ranks into Black Ops and not Halo 4, and the things it takes to stream Halo 4 in a tournament/professional/event based setting and why it's such a big deal for Black Ops, even though it's for a niche community. Posts like this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40732953&postcount=9461

Frankie has been posting about why there's not a spectator mode in Halo 4 as well, and we've been discussing how spectator modes are possible on console.

Things like keeping us up to date on the development of Halo 4 in a more personal way, like the Halo 3 vidocs, and now Treyarch will be answering specific community questions regarding their new video.

Glad to catch you up and I'm sorry I wasted your time by making you click on a link about Call of Duty.
While I appreciate the (sarcastic) effort to catch me up, I was simply asking for context in links posted, particularly when said link and post is about a game other than the one this thread is for. I can read just fine, and respectfully suggest you do the same.

Yeah, about to start on that again. The roommate that got the super Cintiq (dear lord, that thing is HEAVY, I just helped him get it on his desk) gave me his Wacom Intuos2 that he had before. First tablet input device I've ever had:

I have the 5 in my office at work :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

http://chzscience.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-science-news-experiments-memes-dog-science-fuzzy-logic.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

You're lucky. That thing is probably amazing.

Tawpgun

Reach time. Hitmonchan107

I might hop on when
if
I can beat Cartographer on Legendary.

Having checkpoint problems.

EDIT: LOL LOL LOL LOL ALL PROGRESS ON LEVEL LOST. Not sure if quitting out before beating it entirely does this in Halo CE. I just thought they'd put me back in at my most recent checkpoint. Hopping on Reach now. Fuuuuck.

Duji

Why rockets should not have any form of aim enhancements (This is seriously one of my biggest pet peeves in Halo. Enjoy my crude drawings by the way.):

whyrocketsshouldnothave.jpg

Does anyone else have anything to say about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom