• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My whole neutral demeanor has been nothing but a charade to get into the heart of 343!

*ProfessorFarnsworthEvilLaugh.gif*
Ye' shall drink of the cup of slurp and know that 343 is thy slurperior:

gWHH0.jpg

Thanks for your contribution.

It took 2 seconds to "sign" it.. so I said why not. I don't even care if someone steals it. As long as I get my point across.

I'm confused though, what does the guy using the Spartan Laser have to do with rockets?

Would be interesting to learn about Requiems Architectural Design explaining how structural stability, gravity, atmosphere, flux vortex, Coriolis effect,
Star-Hopping
, etc. Just everything possible. Or a detailed blue print would be cool.

I actually don't remember the last time I used paper outside of pre-composition scribbles.

Ya - we use the 5 to draw mission plans on the myriad maps we have to take into account and whatnot. Occasionally, I'll use it to make a graphic for a presentation or something.

Pop

This thread moves to fast at times.

What kind of video can we expect tomorrow? Did I say video, well that's what I'm hoping for.

Duji

You'd think for someone with a Pink Floyd avvy you'd be a lot more mellow.

I'm sorry I didn't laugh at his terrible joke.

I honestly wouldn't have cared about any joke had he followed it up with his sincere opinion on what I posted -- whatever that opinion may be.

I'm usually pretty mellow but not at this exact moment due to other reasons.

Karl2177

Thanks for your contribution.

It took 2 seconds to "sign" it.. so I said why not. I don't even care if someone steals it. As long as I get my point across.
No. Thank you for your contribution. Little Mikey in North Carolina is getting a big hug right now.

so is requiem confirmed to be a dyson sphere? or is it a shield world with a portal to slip space like onyx?

i don't think it is a real dyson sphere, cause the halo legendary ending shows the sun on the outside of the sphere. so i think either its a mini dyson sphere with an artificial sun like in halo wars, or its a shield world like onyx.

also, i always wondered if the ark opened up like a blooming onion. like was there a point when the giant arms were folded in, creating a Dyson sphere around the sun.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
so is requiem confirmed to be a dyson sphere? or is it a shield world with a portal to slip space like onyx?

i don't think it is a real dyson sphere, cause the halo legendary ending shows the sun on the outside of the sphere. so i think either its a mini dyson sphere with an artificial sun like in halo wars, or its a shield world like onyx.

also, i always wondered if the ark opened up like a blooming onion. like was there a point when the giant arms were folded in, creating a Dyson sphere around the sun.

Talking about this makes me wonder even more how 343 will explain what took place in Onyx, Glasslands, and Bear's novels to players who have not read the books...

Speaking of Halo books, I finished Cryptum the other night, and without launching into a full breakdown, I didn't think it was very good. Should I read the second one?

also, this size chart website is cool because it includes halo. but it just shows how much bigger the dyson sphere and ringworld from larry niven are than everything else in sci-fi.

http://www.merzo.net/

Speaking of Halo books, I finished Cryptum the other night, and without launching into a full breakdown, I didn't think it was very good. Should I read the second one?

probably wouldn't read the second if you didn't like cryptum, according to what others have said about primordium. theres always the wiki.

i for one loved cryptum.

Both shield worlds, we have heard about, were in some degree dyson spheres. Onyx and Shield 0459 had an interior landscape like a dyson sphere type 2 and a sun. I am not saying they both are the same; the Halo Shield worlds and the fictional established Dyson Sphere.

Did you ever hear of a sol system with two suns? They exist.

Talking about this makes me wonder even more how 343 will explain what took place in Onyx, Glasslands, and Bear's novels to players who have not read the books...
Pretty easy for not mentioning them in the main plot.

Slaker117

Probably not. It's a very dry and awkwardly paced story with uninterested characters. Some important information is discussed though, so hit up a wiki if you're into the larger fiction.

Duji

Here are some better questions:

Why are you so butt hurt?
and
Why don't you go back to Waypoint?

1. I only realized recently that people don't like to talk seriously here. Give a guy a break.
2. This couldn't be further from the truth. I never thought I'd see the day where someone would ask me this. Trust me, we probably share the same opinion regarding that place.

Anyway, I'm guessing no one has anything to add (aside from the 1 guy, thank you) to what I brought up. Why did I even bother?

Both shield worlds, we have heard about, were in some degree dyson spheres. Onyx and Shield 0459 had an interior landscape like a dyson sphere type 2 and a sun. I am not saying they both are the same; the Halo Shield worlds and the fictional established Dyson Sphere.

Did you ever hear of a sol system with two suns? They exist.

well, yeah. halo just gets a little more specific with different types of dyson spheres. i mean we've seen so many different types of worlds. halo's, the ark, onyx, that weird forerunner ship planet in halo wars. is requiem different from all of those? (the citadel from mass effect is pretty cool too. )

also, i knew that paired suns existed, just forgot about that possibility. =)

why am i always on this site so late, its like crack. time for bed

1. I only realized recently that people don't like to talk seriously here. Give a guy a break.
2. This couldn't be further from the truth. I never thought I'd see the day where someone would ask me this. Trust me, we probably share the same opinion regarding that place.

Anyway, I'm guessing no one has anything to add (aside from the 1 guy, thank you) to what I brought up. Why did I even bother?

My opinion is how does the auto aim for rockets remove skill gap like you said yet youre saying the removal of auto aim makes it easier to use. Wouldnt that mean the skill gap would be even smaller? Why would we make rockets any easier to use?

Its fine. Halo has always been this way. Adapt, when you have rockets aim for the floor ahead of time I'm almost positive you are running around with the aimer up high then moving them down yet you cant cause auto aim.

kylej

Banned

There were 6 full pages of people comparing and contrasting the Call of Duty vs Halo 4 pre-release marketing cycle and discussing why spectator mode is so important to modern online games not 2 or 3 hours ago.

probably wouldn't read the second if you didn't like cryptum, according to what others have said about primordium. theres always the wiki.

i for one loved cryptum.
Probably not. It's a very dry and awkwardly paced story with uninterested characters. Some important information is discussed though, so hit up a wiki if you're into the larger fiction.

That's how I felt about Cryptum.

Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll pass. I'll wiki the info someone. That was the first Halo book I've read, I think I'll go back to reading books not about video game universes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom