• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

That's not to say our more stripped down experiences don't have their charm. One particular game mode that has a cult following may end up with a mainstream breakout because of the features Kevin Franklin and the MP team have added to it to make it "legit." More on that later.
Ranked playlists. Please and thank you!

Vire

5UzqG.jpg

New Sniper model and new medals.

Frank O'Connor in the Bulletin said:
But it's not all sweetness and light - we realize we've been short on stuff like BTS (Behind the Scenes) and even simple direct feed footage (easier said than done...) and even clarity on MP stuff. We PROMISE we're going to accelerate that kind of communication as we get further into our shutdown process, and have more people and bandwidth to throw at the community communication that is and will be a vital part of Halo's ouvre.

Dude, Frank, so much fucking love bro.

Vire

Fuck I wish Youtube's compression wasn't so bad. Fullscreen looks like ass.

Can't wait till the higher res is uploaded.

Also, is it me or is the video itself really dark?

senador

Banned
Sniper takes up too much screen real estate.

Perhaps to help balance it?

Anyone else notice that random hose sticking out of the SR is gone? Still has the Wall-E scope but that's endearing more than anything else.

SAW looks interesting, the idea of the pistol having faster animations sounds really cool.

Nice reveal, 343. I am satisfied.

tD45G.png

I was noticing it looks a bit different. Colors seem to be adjusted to maybe? Anyway, I still don't like it but it does look somewhat better.

Those medals look much improved. :)

Promethean Pistol?

Click to make bigger

Wow that looks interesting.

Halo 4 has so many weapons and so far I like it.

This is the type of video and bulletin we needed! Bulletin is massive. Will read later.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Frankie said:
But it's not all sweetness and light - we realize we've been short on stuff like BTS (Behind the Scenes) and even simple direct feed footage (easier said than done...) and even clarity on MP stuff. We PROMISE we're going to accelerate that kind of communication as we get further into our shutdown process, and have more people and bandwidth to throw at the community communication that is and will be a vital part of Halo's ouvre.
Awesome!

Bravo Frank. Well written note, and speaks volumes about the team. Great work to all who helped put the bulletin together too, Jessica, David, etc. I can tell through text how much you guys do care about the franchise, the people behind it, and the people playing it. I can't wait to see how this all turns out.

WubWub.

cocamola

Banned
New Sniper model and new medals.

Im feelin' this, rail gun seems solid, i just hope he BR is 4 shot. Not sure what i think of the Saw, just seems like a noob hose gun, so i probably wont use it. I Love the new medal designs.

It sounds like Jeff Steitzer is in space which to me sounds slightly less epic.

FyreWulff

And DLC Slayer (or whatever it's called) is gone. The only you can play DLC every game now is Anniversary Classic unless they make DLC mandatory.

That would seem to me that there's another playlist that requires DLC now. On the other hand, Reach's DLC support.

Wouldn't be suprised if Anni Classic and Anni Firefight are the only two DLC playlists now. Which wouldn't really change anything from before, where there's no real point to buying Defiant or Noble.

Overdoziz

Banned
-Railgun sounds awesome.
-More automatic rifles, ugh.
-Medals look better but from what little I could see still a bit toned down compared to previous Halos.
-Steitzer should calm down.
-Matchmaking update is a bit disappointing. There are still a lot of playlist, especially considering that 343 will probably never update it again. By the way, what happened to the Halo 3 update?
-TU playlists on the second tab. RIP
-Frankie's story is hella long. Anyone have a summary?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
LMG means light machine gun and you mean the Saw right? Let's the call it the Saw. Thanks

Also, Groupshot David? It's team shot bro :p

And Yuhas pointed it out but 14 shot DMR? Strange number.

DMR - "This thing is absolutely ridiculous from long range." Ghaleon in tears

Arnie

Screw the wedding, that was really good.

Railgun sounds meaty, the shotgun has a satisfying pop to it, and the sniper sounds almost like a pressured nailgun. Oh, and the BR sounds like heaven.

That dubstep bordered on parody though, absolutely horrendous. Glad you included a sound effect focused version, was definitely needed.

G17

Features added rather than features removed to make it "legit". Really excited to find out what that will be. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

senador

Banned
-Railgun sounds awesome.
-More automatic rifles, ugh.
-Medals look better but from what little I could see still a bit toned down compared to previous Halos.
-Steitzer should calm down.
-Matchmaking update is a bit disappointing. There are still a lot of playlist, especially considering that 343 will probably never update it again. By the way, what happened to the Halo 3 update?
-TU playlists on the second tab. RIP
-Frankie's story is hella long. Anyone have a summary?

Yes. I'm wondering if they have a filter on his voice they could tone down. Maybe speeding his voice up could help and also quieting his voice a bit too. There's got to be several things they can do to make him sound better without rerecording him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom