• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

What a bulletin.

What a damn bulletin. That's what I'm talking about. Less cats, more content like this. Frankie's entry was fantastic. Thank you, Mr. O'Connor.

Overdoziz

Banned
5UzqGl.jpg

halo-4-sniper.JPG

Suck it Junior :p
The new one takes up even more space on the screen. ;_;
The scope does look a little better though.

I'm curious as to what went into the decision to make the DMR have 14 rounds in the clip instead of 15.

not likely:

4 shot?

would give it 3 kills before reloading. 2 extra shots. longer shoot times.

br has 36 rounds, 4 shot kills would mean it has 3 kills before reloading. but no extra. shorter shoot times.

more likely:

5 shot would leave 4 shots after 2 kills for DMR. not enough to kill, encouraging magnum use.

5 shot BR, 2 kills, 2 extra shots, also encourages magnum use.

and for ultimate trolling:

4 shot DMR with slow shoot time.

5 shot BR, fast shooting.

Dunno where you guys are getting 14 shots per clip for DMR, I'm counting 13. 1 shot already fired, 12 left.

iuhIwy1WHR1kI.jpg

EDIT: I'm wrong, stop quoting me, lol

Striker

The comments on the Spartan Laser in the Bulletin did nothing but make me laugh. Actually, no, it made me weep at the thought of any balanced vehicle activity in Halo 4 BTB. You could put any other anti-vehicular weapon in there and it is instantly better. Unless the Banshee is too strong they should've just kept Rockets as the primary.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
i3WpQzyYvKIZI.gif

a;sdjklfvna;sdklfha;sldkfhaskldjfhl;kj

That is straight up District 9 shit right there. I love it.

Dunno where you guys are getting 14 shots per clip for DMR, I'm counting 13. 1 shot already fired, 12 left.

DMR
DESIGNATION: M395 Designated Marksman Rifle
MANUFACTURER: Misriah Armory
MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 14 rounds

also, misriah armory makes the coolest shit.

http://i.minus.com/i3WpQzyYvKIZI.gif[IMG]

a;sdjklfvna;sdklfha;sldkfhaskldjfhl;kj

That is straight up District 9 shit right there. I love it.[/QUOTE]

looks like it almost disintegrates that second dude with the direct hit.

this might be my nade launcher replacement.

ZalinKrow

That bulletin was well worth the wait. So much hype! Can't wait to read it again in the morning and watch that video over and over too. So good.

I know I shouldn't stroke Frankie's ego, but he is quite the writer. I felt like I was a kid again reading the Bungie Weekly Update.

That's one helluva gift you have there, sir. Thanks for the update.

fnmore1

Weird, neon green explosion on the right.

green.png

I would say it's fuel rod but it looks awfully big. And it also looks like it's effected the blue spartan to the left of it.

willow ve

OH MY. The UNSC weapons look very solid in that vid. And the matchmaking updates... well done 343. Well. dOne.

I still think there could be some culling (cough, apply TU to all the playlists, cough), but this is a great step in the right direction.

Shotgun: HOT DAMN. Looks sexy. Did i see a scope on it? Not sure how i feel about that. Good work on the redesign tho.

Looks to me like it's just a zoom function, not a scope. Think the AR. You can zoom in to see across map, but you can't fire.

JackHerer

Loved the bulletin until I read that they are getting rid of Anniversary BTB.....

One of my favorite playlists! It was just pure dumb fun because it was full of bks and I could easily go +20 or more on almost every match lol. Plus the maps in it (Ridgeline and Breakneck) are IMO the best BTB maps in Reach.

Is the DMR confirmed to be a 5sk? If so, 14 rounds is lame.

im assuming its to encourage switching to the pistol. (not saying i like it)

after what they said about switching to the magnum being faster than other weapons, this seems more likely.

The other big change I think players will notice is that we have drastically sped up animation times when using a pistol. So you will be able to switch to it quicker, pull off melees and grenade throws faster, etc. than you will with primary weapons.

a zoojoo

Banned
OH MY. The UNSC weapons look very solid in that vid. And the matchmaking updates... well done 343. Well. dOne.

I still think there could be some culling (cough, apply TU to all the playlists, cough), but this is a great step in the right direction.

Looks to me like it's just a zoom function, not a scope. Think the AR. You can zoom in to see across map, but you can't fire.

that's what i thought at 1st but i'm not sure, lemme go back

EDIT: Yep, it is.

willow ve

The pistol clip was interesting in that 1/2 of the kills shown were melee...

And the rail gun looks like the new God Tier weapon in close range. How long before kids learn how to no scope it across the map?

And over and over and over an- you get the idea.

Also, I can see people getting their Scarface on whenever they pull out that SAW lol

Hahaha yes!

And the rail gun looks like the new God Tier weapon in close range. How long before kids learn how to no scope it across the map?

Could definitely lead to some sweet long-range custom gametypes, not sure what yet, but yeah since there's no zoom you'd have to be dead-on precise.

Homeboyd

Wait are you guys talking about the protein pistol? There's still a glimpse of it in the new vid. I can't remember how long it was in the old vid.

Unless, you're talking about something with the mag...

Enfinit

Loved the bulletin until I read that they are getting rid of Anniversary BTB.....

One of my favorite playlists! It was just pure dumb fun because it was full of bks and I could easily go +20 or more on almost every match lol. Plus the maps in it (Ridgeline and Breakneck) are IMO the best BTB maps in Reach.

It was essentially an entire playlist for two maps (and two map variants). With the MM voting options allowing DLC to come up way more frequently (of which 343i did months ago), it was a long time coming and expected.

G17

Is the DMR confirmed to be a 5sk? If so, 14 rounds is lame.

Seems necessary for it not to overtake the BR as an option on close-midrange encounter maps especially with the strafe/thruster/movement speed. (unless you have firepower in which case it'll be great if you can land shots on an opponent who is unaware of your location)

Rock Paper Scissors indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom