• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blissful

Neo Member
Well done 343. The game looks amazing! I love the new medals and the new weapons being introduced to the game.

I read the bulletin twice and didn't get a hint or tease about any competitive ranking system. Please 343, the ranking system is the most important aspect of Halo multiplayer matchmaking. You guys have done an excellent job and I have no doubt that this will be the best halo game yet, but I urge you to really put some time in bringing in a competitive ranking system to the game.

Homeboyd

Homeboyd said:
That's not to say our more stripped down experiences don't have their charm. One particular game mode that has a cult following may end up with a mainstream breakout because of the features Kevin Franklin and the MP team have added to it to make it "legit." More on that later.
Ranked playlists. Please and thank you!
I suppose this could be related to Living Dead (amongst other things)

Computron

later. And surprising.

B7BH1.png

GhaleonEB

Back briefly from errands. Quick thoughts after the update.

The deep dive into the UNSC weapons is much appreciated. The reveal of the SAW was delightful; the thing looks like an almost comically awesome beast.

This terrifies me, regarding the DMR:

This thing is absolutely ridiculous from long range.

I've written a novel on why, which I won't repeat.

Frankie's magnum opus was a great read, insightful, funny and passionate.

Firefight Doubles, the only playlist I play, is going away. I don't know if I'm going to hit Inheritor now. I'm ~3m credits from that final rank. Firefight Limited was my haven until Doubles arrived, then it was gone. Now Doubles is gone. Despair. Deep and total despair. I understand why it was done and even sort of anticipated it, but it still burns.

Off to a solitary dinner on the last evening of my sabbatical before I return to work.

Frankie from Bulletin said:
We have to earn your trust. We have to earn your loyalty. We have to do that by shipping a Halo 4 that you love. And that is all we're doing. Everything else is a secondary consideration and I promise you two things here without any dissemblance, exaggeration or dishonesty - I think Halo 4 has the potential to be the best Halo game yet, and if I didn't believe that, or we weren't trying at least, to achieve that, then we'd be doing everyone a disservice. Time will tell. Secondly, we can't do this without this community - without the enthusiasts, fans, critics, cynics, creatives and nutbags that comprise our community and we're nearly done.

My goodness sir, you are a master of words. I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 89 days. I'm really hoping the game is going to be a blast, bring Halo back 343!

Fuchsdh

Bloom at great distances though. No more cross map pinging?

Not to mention we don't know how much the DMR will be in campaign. 343i has certainly heralded Halo 4 as the Return of the BR, which should go a long way to reducing the issues Reach's sandbox had on campaign encounters.

Wrote this before the bulletin.

Wat Ev's
You know what would be great, If those lights on the shotgun iron sights changed depending on Ammo count.

6/5 Shots Green
4/3 Shots Blue/Cyan
2/1 Shots Red

Empty and the lights go out or white.

Gotta Say aswell. 343 knocked it out the park with environments.

feel

Really wish I knew the second video was the same thing without the terrible dubstep before watching the first one.

The OHI was an amazing read. Frank is really good.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
*gasp* Cross map no scope rail gun shots. Montage material. I feel like I can get sick kills with so many guns and make them all montage material.

a zoojoo

Banned
Assault Rifle: Glad it's a little buffed in power and range, gives it a little more of a place in the sandbox.

BR: Sounds awesome, looks awesome, hope it gets buffed to 4 shot.

DMR: My baby. So glad your back and soundin better than ever. I don't like how it's a 14 clip size. Will be using this.

Magnum: Still trash.

Shotgun: HOT DAMN. Looks sexy. Did i see a scope on it? Not sure how i feel about that. Good work on the redesign tho.

SAW: There is a God. It is awesome, and i want to see more.

SD: Lovin it since the teaser trailer. Still miss propipe tho.

Railgun: My boner. It is raging. It the time between firing and contact seems a little wierd to me. Maybe i should go back and look at it.

Splaser: Wish it was still a 5 shot. :/ Oh well.

Rockets: Looks fixed from the E3 build, the trail is bugging the fuck out of me though. If you guys used the trail from Reach, i would've been perfectly ok with that.

Sniper Rifle: Looks better. I like the redesign, despite it being Wal-E's head.

Medals: Thank the Maker! You guys fixed them, personally i didn't mind them b4, but hot diggity damn. Well done.

Reach Update:
Was dissapointed. Was hoping TU would be global. AND YOU GUYS GOT RID OF ALL MY FAVORITE PLAYLISTS!!!!!

Overall: Very pleased w/ the bulletin. Keep up the good work 343!

Great bulletin! Love the new video series on the arsenal of different factions!
SAW looks like it literally shreds people.

I'm guessing that if they changed the BR from a 5 shot kill to a 4 shot, this would have been the place to announce it.
It seems that hope is lost :(

To me I'd expect the BR to be the lone wolves weapon, and the longer range DMR to be the group shot weapon.
But apparently not!

G17

Lack of zoom and charging taking less time than a Spartan Laser makes me believe that the railgun will be useless long range and more suitable for mid/close range. As it should be.

Released

So the DMR now has 14 rounds in a clip? >_>

I'm going to be sad if none of the precision weapons can get 3 kills without reloading.

Vire

Is it me or is the black crush in these videos super crazy? I can hardly make out what's happening in the Adrift portions.

I hope they didn't mess with the lighting engine and it's just some dumb filter.

EDIT: The reuploaded version is way better....

Funny how that worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom