• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

This was UNSC Weapons. Does this mean there will be a Covanant and Promethean/Forerunner variant as well? Maybe that's why they cut the footage of that pistol.

Angel literally said there will be word-for-word.

And yes, we will be doing the same thing with Covenant and Promethean weapons soon-ish, and we may even show them off on a different level.

READ, JOOZOOS. REEEEAAAADDDDD.

Das Kalk

Neo Member
I am thinking the same. I enjoyed the track. Especially this part here. I hope 343i had considered(if they have done such a remix album) to take different artist from different genres to make those remixes. And M83.

Yep. M83 and i'll be satisfied.

While we're on the subject of remix albums, Tron: R3C0NF1GUR3D was a really great example of taking a lot of different electronic artists and letting them loose on a soundtrack.

Enfinit

We get a video from 343i including a brand new UNSC weapon, alongside a ton of new information, and we're focusing on the weapon that has a total of seven frames.

wat

I'll give u4ix, you, and THC credit, though. You guys are on top of everything. Infinitely (Enfinitly?) better than Greenskull/RUL or that bum Halo4Follohurr. HC hasn't been around and isn't as established as other Halo communities, however it's the premier source of information and breaking news. For me, anyways.

I can imagine Frankie sitting there going "Those goddamn GAF losers nabbed the Promethean Pistol clip before we pulled it. FUCK."

Blueblur1

I agree that the medals look much better. I thinkl some of them could use more color though. To make them more distinct and easier to pick out in one's peripheral vision.

The AA icons are much better now as well.

That is a great bulletin, now here's my random thoughts on some stuff in it.

-DMR 14 rounds in a clip? Is this really so no precision weapon has 3 kills per clip? :/ Still looks like my go to rifle though from what we've seen.
-About the Magnum, the 8 shots confirmed is disappointing, but we already knew this. As long as they are dedicated to making it a "side arm" though, this is pretty awesome: "we have drastically sped up animation times when using a pistol. So you will be able to switch to it quicker, pull off melees and grenade throws faster, etc. than you will with primary weapons."
-Shotgun: Looks great in action. "It actually has a lot longer range now, less damage falloff, and is quite a bit more powerful than say the Reach version overall, but some of that dialed up power is countered by the other changes in the game like Sprint by default, mobility-based Armor Abilities, and generally faster movement speeds." Good changes to keep the weapon useful. Reach shotgun, which is still the best one since CE, is pretty mediocre on TU settings.
-SAW: Looks cool as an ordnance weapon. Should be a nice addition.
-Sniper: Aesthetics are a significant improvement over the one we've seen so far.
-Railgun looks awesome.
-Nothing will convince me that the Laser isn't garbage.
-Overall, looks like a very good UNSC portion of the sandbox, hopefully we hear about the other two sandboxes in the coming weeks.
-CC Statement: "We'll be working with community cartographers in the run up to launch to create maps for File Shares from day one - giving them somewhat early access to iterate and build game modes and maps that are familiar and original in equal measure." I know this is jumping the gun and generally being insane, but I can't hide the fact the reading this statement worries me. Please keep Forge out of core playlists.
-Overall, excellent write-up by Frank. An enjoyable read, and damn I wish I could write like that. Lots of sluuuurrp though. :p
-August MM update: Mixed bag here. Good elimination of 5 lists that are already dead, but they didn't fix the main issue with Reach MM. They appear to be sticking to their guns of keeping vanilla alive, which I think is a mistake, but at least they made a clear separation of the two. There is still 3 4v4 slayer playlists though, which is just silly.

jesus fuck the FOVs are worlds apart :/
:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
I can't believe they got Muse to debut their new song for that trailer.

I can hope right?
Do you like to hurt yourself?

kylej

Banned
yeah I dunno why the FOV is so crappy. it looks like someone changed their monitor resolution to 640x480. bring it back to ODST style that was glorious. no reason to have the sniper take up half the screen.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Judging from the videos, the game looks much cleaner and crisper than the E3 build I kept playing. The DMR also got a slight audio improvement, too.

willow ve

Yep. M83 and i'll be satisfied.

While we're on the subject of remix albums, Tron: R3C0NF1GUR3D was a really great example of taking a lot of different electronic artists and letting them loose on a soundtrack.

That was a great album. A lot of diversity and talent went into that remix collection. And it was great to see Daft Punk in a new light.

edit: and this. word for word, deserves repeating.

We get a video from 343i including a brand new UNSC weapon, alongside a ton of new information, and we're focusing on the weapon that has a total of seven frames.

wat

I'll give u4ix, you, and THC credit, though. You guys are on top of everything. Infinitely (Enfinitly?) better than Greenskull/RUL or that bum Halo4Follohurr. HC hasn't been around and isn't as established as other Halo communities, however it's the premier source of information and breaking news. For me, anyways.

I can imagine Frankie sitting there going "Those goddamn GAF losers nabbed the Promethean Pistol clip before we pulled it. FUCK."

Swarmerr

It's official I can't make up my mind if halo 4 is going to be a good game or bad game. (Video has got me hyped) 343 just tell me there is a skill based rank system and take my money already..

neoism

I don't own "blind" and the bar is above the barrel.

i8OhXytzykwwj.jpg

willow ve

Personally, the Tron soundtrack isn't Daft's best, but it was certainly awesome to hear a new sound from them.

Granted it's not their best effort; but it's hard to find anyone who creates their absolute best music when bootstrapped into the confines of a movie soundtrack. Trent Reznor can't do it, Jonsi can't do it, can't blame Daft Punk for not doing it either. Ultimately it's a superb partner to the movie.

The Prommy pistol in that .gif looks a like like it would function like a mauler.

That would be awesome. Am I the only one who actually misses the mauler? Loved that gun.

The human weapons all sound fairly similar, as if they all contain the same base sound effect. They have a higher-pitched thwap sound, if that makes any sense at all.

I would bet that even in this official youtube vid the sound is still altered/compressed/whatever and will sound beefier when played over a soundsystem or headphones. I mean we all game with headphones now. Right?

The human weapons all sound fairly similar, as if they all contain the same base sound effect. They have a higher-pitched thwap sound, if that makes any sense at all.

I wonder if it's intentional on the part of the developers. Based on this admittedly short snippet of gameplay, the human weapons lack the sound variation found in past entries in the series. Kind of strange.

It's garbage. All popular music is garbage. Anyone who likes today's popular "musicians" is wrong.

Now, give me Halo 4 immediately so I can use the railgun.

I guess you never heard Call Me Maybe.

yeah I dunno why the FOV is so crappy. it looks like someone changed their monitor resolution to 640x480. bring it back to ODST style that was glorious. no reason to have the sniper take up half the screen.

Making the weapons take up a whole bunch of space is how Halo reaches its silky smooth 24 fps.

Question for Frankie and David,

How far are these current builds from the Final Build and/or are there plenty of tweaking, polishing to be done still before the first stages of the final build?

Excellent Bulletin and Gameplay Videos, Btw.
Just Wow. So Good. :)

Noricart

Halo 4 can't come fast enough.
Halo 3 Ranked MM is terrible, I'm raging over how shitty the gametypes are while playing this.
I want Halo 4 Classic Ranked to start with BRs. AND NO FFA ODDBALL
Edit: And the new footage is nice I guess

You could be playing Oddball on Swordbase. Or Hot Potato on ANYTHING.
You have no idea how rage inducing and crappy Halo 3 matchmaking is when you throw in playing by yourself, ranks, and the most idiotic gametype choices conceived.
Reach has much better gametypes all around. (sans Objective. 9 types of Flag FTW!) But a plethora of low-quality playlsts.

willow ve

Prommy/protein/prothean/promethean

fun.

I still prefer the shortened Prom.

Prom Pistol
Prom Grenade
Prom Knight (favorite!)

Halo 4 can't come fast enough.
Halo 3 Ranked MM is terrible, I'm raging over how shitty the gametypes are while playing this.
I want Halo 4 Classic Ranked to start with BRs. AND NO FFA ODDBALL
Edit: And the new footage is nice I guess

You could be playing Oddball on Swordbase. Or Hot Potato on ANYTHING.

B wzy

Neo Member
It's official I can't make up my mind if halo 4 is going to be a good game or bad game. (Video has got me hyped) 343 just tell me there is a skill based rank system and take my money already..

Bad game? Plz. Halo in all its iterations has never EVER been a bad game. Sure, theres been things here and there that havn't lived up to expectations, but every Halo is loaded with features that satisfy.

The Prommy pistol in that .gif looks a like like it would function like a mauler.

I was kinda leaning towards that guess as well, but there are quite a lot of rounds for it to be a mini shotty.

kylej

Banned
Making the weapons take up a whole bunch of space is how Halo reaches its silky smooth 24 fps.

"If we show too much of the screen it will make noscopes too easy to do so new people will be scared and die a lot" - literally nobody on the entire planet has ever thought this

FUCK THE WHALES, SAVE THE FOV

Bad game? Plz. Halo in all its iterations has never EVER been a bad game. Sure, theres been things here and there that havn't lived up to expectations, but every Halo is loaded with features that satisfy.

I was kinda leaning towards that guess as well, but there are quite a lot of rounds for it to be a mini shotty.

Reach is a good game while being a bad Halo game.

CyReN

wat

Thanks man.

We actually turn 6 months old tomorrow. :D

This is true. I have sticked with GameInformer to be a trusted, unbiased video magazine for all my reviews. And Every Halo game has gotten good to great ratings.

Halo 1/PC - 9.0 (Gold)
Halo:CEA - 8.5 (Silver)
Halo 2/Vista - 9.5 (Gold)
Halo 3 - 10.0 (Platinum)
Halo Wars - 9.5 (Gold)
Halo 3 ODST - 9.5 (Gold)
Halo Reach - 9.5 (Gold)

And Halo 4 is straight out 10.0 Platinum, IMO.

Blissful

Neo Member

That is all that is really missing to be honest. Not many people on HaloGaf are realizing the importance of the system and how it can make gameplay much more enjoyable. I know that some of you guys have given up and taken the idea that we can live without a ranking system, but why the hell should we have to suffer because some 14 yr olds figured out how to cheat. Every game will have its cheaters... just use the banhammer on them 343, it works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom