• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarmerr

Bad game? Plz. Halo in all its iterations has never EVER been a bad game. Sure, theres been things here and there that havn't lived up to expectations, but every Halo is loaded with features that satisfy.

ehhhhhhhh, i guess it depends on the person. For example some features might appeal to you while those same features may not appeal to me.

That bulletin was fantastic. Thanks 343!

Medals look good and the weapon sounds are great. Those videos made me extremely happy.

Now it's time to change that by playing Reach. Feel free to join me!

You are an idiot, I hope so anyway, because he's just saying he doesn't like that shitty bar covering your view of the tip, it's not important, just a minor annoyance.

Then he should formulate his sentences better because that isn't what it sounded like.
Also
3438.gif

Deal with it.

Glad to see people are using my whole Prom- naming system, I might become Prom King yet! My first reaction to the Prom Pistol was that it's some kind of flare gun meets facemelter; that is, that fancy burst of fire is some sort of close-range instakill (or otherwise disorienting/incinerating/etc) function but is also headshot-capable. Just an idea on the explanation in an actual firefight:

-Player 1 has Prom Pistol, Player 2 has Assault Rifle.
-Player 2 charges at Player 1 firing.
-Player 1 charges a shot while taking heavy fire; releases it just before Player 2 melees.
-Prom Pistol burst stuns Player 2 with no shields and knocks them back significantly.
-Player 1 lines up the shot and fires a standard uncharged hard light round straight through Player 2's head, vaporizing them.

So, something equivalent to a Plasma Pistol, but with a charged shot that only works in close range and has stun/burst capabilities rather than EMP.

Glad to see people are using my whole Prom- naming system, I might become Prom King yet! My first reaction to the Prom Pistol was that it's some kind of flare gun meets facemelter; that is, that fancy burst of fire is some sort of close-range instakill (or otherwise disorienting/incinerating/etc) function but is also headshot-capable. Just an idea on the explanation in an actual firefight:

-Player 1 has Prom Pistol, Player 2 has Assault Rifle.
-Player 2 charges at Player 1 firing.
-Player 1 charges a shot while taking heavy fire; releases it just before Player 2 melees.
-Prom Pistol burst stuns Player 2 with no shields and knocks them back significantly.
-Player 1 lines up the shot and fires a standard uncharged hard light round straight through Player 2's head, vaporizing them.

So, something equivalent to a Plasma Pistol, but with a charged shot that only works in close range and has stun/burst capabilities rather than EMP.

Ship it.

Blueblur1

-CC Statement: "We'll be working with community cartographers in the run up to launch to create maps for File Shares from day one - giving them somewhat early access to iterate and build game modes and maps that are familiar and original in equal measure." I know this is jumping the gun and generally being insane, but I can't hide the fact the reading this statement worries me. Please keep Forge out of core playlists.

I didn't think about that. I really really hope they keep Forge maps out of core playlists.

.shin

Banned
You should improve your reading comprehension, what he meant was also aided by pictures, don't try to be a smartass.

I see what neoism was trying to say, but I had to re read about three times to completely understand what he meant. I doubt Arched was being a smartass.

You should improve your reading comprehension, what he meant was also aided by pictures, don't try to be a smartass.

I wasn't the only one that misunderstood him. His post was poorly constructed and he didn't even mention that he meant from first person until he posted a picture. The way he typed it made it seem like he actually meant it was covering the tip, not obscuring your view of it.

B wzy

Neo Member
So I count 11 UNSC weapons excluding turrets and vehicle stuff. I'm damn excited to see the additions to the Covenant and Forerunner sanbox. It will be pretty interesting to see how they will differentiate from one another and influence loadouts. I'm looking forward to crafting and testing different loadouts, not to mention from a campaign and SPOPs standpoint.

But didn't you just literally call it a 10/10 platinum? I'm missing something.
With my previous statement as the exaggerated examples of an actual fanboy, yes. But for someone to rate of 10/10 b'cuz that's what they think is a fair rating and unbiased, it's not fanboyism. If the game does happen to have technical problems of its predecessors or lack of story, content, etc. that rating can change at anytime.

Homeboyd

But... but..

the remakes :(
Yeah I'm with you... we just don't really know more than what Frankie said in the update which is that they were going to be working with "community cartographers" (as pointed out by Fyrewulff, not necessarily THE community cartographers as they currently exist; could just mean "map makers") to build maps for file shares. So they can possibly feature them in bulletins with d/l links leading up to or right after launch (for customs). Who knows if there will be a community playlist... but I know it will have a better chance of survival at launch (or close thereafter) versus later down the road. I'd actually prefer community playlists rather than featuring these maps spread across a lot of different playlists, but the community just won't support that with the population Reach has now.

No, that is how it always was. I saved the clip as it came out.

Also, proteotitic pistol, lol.
So then why is everyone talking about how we luckily grabbed a snapshot?!?!

With my previous statement as the exaggerated examples of an actual fanboy, yes. But for someone to rate of 10/10 b'cuz that's what they think is a fair rating and unbiased, it's not fanboyism. If the game does happen to have technical problems of its predecessors or lack of story, content, etc. that rating can change at anytime.

That's why I called it blind fanboyism. You just gave an unreleased game that you haven't even played yet a perfect score. C'mon Phil I hope you get what I'm saying...

That's why I called it blind fanboyism. You just gave an unreleased game that you haven't even played yet a perfect score. C'mon Phil I hope you get what I'm saying...
Not Fanboyism. A Blind Rating, Yes. Legitimate Rating, No.

It's just my opinion, dude. Nothing more nothing less than that.

Pop

I assume we can get one of these for every weapon class? Forerunner, covy, etc.

Was the SAW supposed to be the "assault carbine"?

I don't believe so. Assault carbine comes off as being smaller not LMG size. But hey what do I know...

Trey

Back to the topic at hand it looks like. We couldn't even get a day's worth of cease fire before people come out their mouths sideways about Reach? Man.

Eh, not sideways.

nillapuddin

yeah unfortunately it didnt pan out the way we had hoped in Reach.

Im hoping 4 will be better, now I wasnt in CC obviously, but I really liked my remake group, and then when I was brought in on Blueprint.

I will devote all the time I can to help-run the group again and help map makers as much as I have in the past, but is there a future for Blueprint?

Unless Waypoint creates a Group feature where would any of this even take place anymore?

We cant still be using our B.net group to organize stuff for Halo 4, right?

Obviously I have no problem helping at every level like I did with Reach, for 4, Im committed to this community (the niche forge remake community especially) I just hope there is a proper outlet for it.

edit: crap, last post on page. go back a page!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom