• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Also, I have a feeling probably only Ghaleon would back me on this (and I'm not even sure on that), but I'd trade Anniversary Firefight for Firefight Doubles. Anniversary Firefight is just a clone of Firefight but on one map. Doubles actually offers something different.

edit: and then require Anniversary to play Doubles.

edit2: actually scratch that, DLC shows up enough in Firefight that I don't think it needs the requirement.

edit3: Alternately, reduce Anniversary Firefight to 2 players. Would actually kind of make sense considering the rest of CE:A is 2 player split.

My preferred solution:

Anniversary Firefight updated to:

• Include all Firefight maps.
  • Require Anniversary disc or map pack.
  • Installation 04 always appears as the first (of eight) voting rounds.
  • Player count reduced to two players, per Halo CE and to compensate for the removal of Doubles.

I strongly dislike Installation 04 - pretty sure I've never finished a game on it other than 2x Score Attack - and will never use the current Anniversary playlist.

I don't think it really works well to have a playlist devoted to one map, after a playlist consolidation effort.

daedalius

Video was great, but still doesn't fix the fact a tree fell on my power line to my house and half of everything works, not including my internet :[

Homeboyd

Video was great, but still doesn't fix the fact a tree fell on my power line to my house and half of everything works, not including my internet :[
You're lucky... a tree fell on my lines last month and I didn't have power for two days. : /

Also, were we just speculating that Forge would be a simulation in the Infinity in the past before the first Forge demo, or was there some mention that it would be 'created' in the 'sim room' on board?

Sai-kun

Banned
It's garbage. All popular music is garbage. Anyone who likes today's popular "musicians" is wrong.

Nope. I actually believe this.

l m f a o

people like this actually exist? I would love to see your last.fm if you have one.

Also, pretty sweet music. I'm usually a fan of more chill stuff, but the groove about halfway into the trailer was rad.

I long for the day when I can drop a Halo remix into a mix that I do.

edit: oh right, halo. spartan laser looks rad, railgun looks rad, sticky launcher looks fun as hell. All and all, I'm still on board for this and super excited to play it soon.

Havok

Finally caught up, I picked a horrible time to leave the apartment. A few thoughts:

Bulletin was the best we've ever had, period. The footage was really neat, although I maintain that I don't think fast cut Halo trailers do the game justice. The precision rifles having low ammo counts confuses me, but I don't think perfect kills occur often enough for it to be a huge issue. Their description of the laser was the opposite of inspiring--with it likely being an ordnance weapon, my BTB expectations are set very low. The SAW worries me, but its place as a "specialty weapon," hopefully read as "not loadout" alleviates that somewhat. I hope that the AR's place as "slightly more powerful than Halo 3's" doesn't mean "shoot them with five bullets and melee to win or trade" because that was no fun last time. DMR continues to seem rad, as does the railgun. I'm confused on Frank's comment on the sniper feeling between Reach and Halo 2, considering they were by far the most idiotproof.

On playlist consolidation:

Breaking up the playlists like that and listing the standard vanilla section at the top presents an interesting issue: how do the TU lists in the Evolved category fare? They were already far and away hurting because of the TS name/placement. Now that they're in a separate category, are we going to see Team Objective go back to it's 400 player population days? The cuts were smart, all the right playlists were kept (I was seriously worried about TO there for a while), with the possible exception of Firefight Doubles--4p FF is a nightmare. It's unfortunate, but reasonable, that the individual playlists won't get the internal overhaul they need to be truly great before 4 launches.

Boy, I wish we had a beta. Honestly though, that bulletin was what I've been waiting for from 343 for a while.

FyreWulff

My preferred solution:

Anniversary Firefight updated to:

• Include all Firefight maps.
  • Require Anniversary disc or map pack.
  • Installation 04 always appears as the first (of eight) voting rounds.
  • Player count reduced to two players, per Halo CE and to compensate for the removal of Doubles.

I strongly dislike Installation 04 - pretty sure I've never finished a game on it other than 2x Score Attack - and will never use the current Anniversary playlist.

I don't think it really works well to have a playlist devoted to one map, after a playlist consolidation effort.

That works too. And yes, strange to have a one-map playlist after a consolidation.

HOLY FUCK.

HOLY FUCK THAT EDIT.
spoilers

Guys, I'm fucking sick of this. I'm almost 20 and haven't been able to score a better job than a fucking cook at a local fast food joint. What makes it worse is that I live in a small town so business is pretty limited, and where I work is the only place that'll hire high school graduates. I'd get the hell out of this town if I could actually drive too, but I've failed every damn test I've ever taken. I'm socially awkward, even my only other co-worker fucking hates my guts. I have repressed lust for one of my best friends too; she's athletic, smart and a gorgeous southern bell. I love her. You know what it's like; I've been friend zoned real hard. She's my only real friend, besides this one kid, who I'm pretty sure is only hanging around me because he is mentally challenged. I guess he's the only one that can tolerate me. And what makes this all fucking worse is that I live in a fucking pineapple under the sea.

/scene

Thank you for this :]

Homeboyd

HOLY POOP THAMKS FOR RUINING WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN AMAZINGLY FUNNY TWIST FOR ME!

Well, you're in for a treat. Although, you get the premise just by knowing about the star wars one... but nevertheless:

Guys, I'm fucking sick of this. I'm almost 20 and haven't been able to score a better job than a fucking cook at a local fast food joint. What makes it worse is that I live in a small town so business is pretty limited, and where I work is the only place that'll hire high school graduates. I'd get the hell out of this town if I could actually drive too, but I've failed every damn test I've ever taken. I'm socially awkward, even my only other co-worker fucking hates my guts. I have repressed lust for one of my best friends too; she's athletic, smart and a gorgeous southern bell. I love her. You know what it's like; I've been friend zoned real hard. She's my only real friend, besides this one kid, who I'm pretty sure is only hanging around me because he is mentally challenged. I guess he's the only one that can tolerate me. And what makes this all fucking worse is that I live in a fucking pineapple under the sea.

/scene

GET SHIT ON
I laughed WAAAAAAAAAAY too hard at this. Fucking :lol

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is it known if the Light Rifle is an ordnance weapon, or can you spawn with it?

I would assume it's a loadout weapon, anytime I see the BR/DMR/Carbine mentioned as a group, the light rifle is thrown in there.

Also, I an absolutely loving the new DMR. Screw the Battle Rifle, I want dat single shot all the time.

It's weird, all it took was some fast cuts with dubstep to make me somewhat hyped for Halo 4. Although I still have some major concerns.

edit: wat :lol
I need sleep.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
15 primary weapons according to the War Games video back at E3 and so far we have:

AR
BR
DMR
Storm Rifle
Carbine
Light Rifle

That leaves us with 9 more? Holy shit.

Trey

Well, you're in for a treat. Although, you get the premise just by knowing about the star wars one... but nevertheless:

/scene

I laughed WAAAAAAAAAAY too hard at this. Fucking :lol

It'll be okay, bro. I've been there. Think of the positives in your life. Like all those trophies you've won.

15 primary weapons according to the War Games video back at E3 and so far we have:

AR
BR
DMR
Storm Rifle
Carbine
Light Rifle
Saw
Shotgun

That leaves us with 7 more? Holy shit.

Ellis said in this thread that SAW is ordnance.

And the Shotgun is no longer an starting weapon/never was just for that test. Not sure if that 15 number includes the shotgun.

I appreciate your resolve to never have an avatar. In some weird way, I know your avatar by having none.

MIND BLOWN.

image.php

Is avatar Wolverine with Mario mustache

*futurama Fry squint*

or two Batmans with Mario mustaches

AR
BR
DMR
Storm Rifle
Carbine
Light Rifle

That leaves us with 9 more? Holy shit.

That whole ad that said only 10 new weapons being added (same one that said 2 new vehicles on xbox.com) had to be off! Frikkin seems like we're getting way more..

Whoa

Shit's cray

hahah why the hell do you have a direct line to my funny bone right now? lol..

Enfinit

I was about to click on the video, but I'm guessing you just completely ruined it.

Edit: yup. :\
Edit'd. Blame it on the excitement.

HOLY POOP THAMKS FOR RUINING WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN AMAZINGLY FUNNY TWIST FOR ME!
I spoiler'd it just for you. I didn't want your cat to shit itself form your roaring laughter, so I was just trying to give you a head's up.

HOLY FUCK THAT EDIT.
spoilers
Voldemort kills Harry.

GET SHIT ON
BRO DON'T MAKE ME HACK UR IP.

Voldemort kills Harry.

No one click this if you haven't seen/read Harry Potter!

IDK if that's true or not as I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but what if I was planning to?! smh enfinit.. -1

-EDIT-

A spoiler is a spoiler
is a spoiler

Enfinit

IDK if that's true or not as I haven't seen the movie, but what if I was planning to?! smh enfinit.. -1
How can I possibly spoil it for you when you haven't seen the movie to know if I'm telling the truth? I SPOILER TAGGED IT MAN, I GAVE YOU WARNING. The book's been out for half a decade and the movie for over six months. -∞ (enfinity) for UNKNOWN.

It's not a spoiler if the book has been out for 5 years.
You'd think.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I actually can't believe how many didn't like the music. It's probably the least dub step song I've ever heard. Shit was expertly cut, besides the Promethian Pistol there. Makes me wanna do better trailers and montages myself. I thought it was superb all around.

Ken

I actually can't believe how many didn't like the music. It's probably the least dub step song I've ever heard. Shit was expertly cut, besides the Promethian Pistol there. Makes me wanna do better trailers and montages myself. I thought it was superb all around.

No that was pretty dub step-y.

The problem was that it was dub step.

I'd like any opportunity to hear what the audio team is working on for the game itself. All we've gotten since that original Neil Davidge sample was Forward Unto Dawn action music and now this.

I'm fiending man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom