• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My HaloGAF brethren, the music in this trailer is dubstep in name only, and in fact snooty dubstep fans would dismiss it as 'brostep'; the spirit of the genre has been lost.

Have a listen to some of the stuff in the (constantly evolving, typically subtle, restrained in its deployment of drops or 'wubwubwub') lineage of dubstep just from this year. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Romare / 'Down the Line (It Takes a Number)'
xxxy / 'I Know This (Can't Be Love)'
Jacques Greene / 'Ready'
Koreless / 'Lost in Tokyo'
Kahn / 'Margeaux (Pt. 1)'
Joy Orbison / 'Ellipsis'
Mala / 'Cuba Electronic'
LOL Boys / 'Changes'
Pariah / 'Rift'

Blueblur1

Thanks for the links, Shake. I will definitely give them a listen when I get home. (I'm always looking for new music to listen to.)

My HaloGAF brethren, the music in this trailer is dubstep in name only, and in fact snooty dubstep fans would dismiss it as 'brostep'; the spirit of the genre has been lost.

Have a listen to some of the stuff in the (constantly evolving, typically subtle, restrained in its deployment of drops or 'wubwubwub') lineage of dubstep just from this year. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Romare / 'Down the Line (It Takes a Number)'
xxxy / 'I Know This (Can't Be Love)'
Koreless / 'Lost in Tokyo'
Kahn / 'Margeaux (Pt. 1)'
Joy Orbison / 'Ellipsis'
Mala / 'Cuba Electronic'
LOL Boys / 'Changes'
Pariah / 'Rift'

There is a ton of shitty dub on the internet. It gives the music a bad rap. Mostly because everyone thinks they are a dj. On the contrary there are a ton of amazing dub songs. Nero, Flux Pavilion, Rusko, Deltea Heavy, Mode Step, and yes Skrillex are amazing. I am sorry but these songs you posted are horrible. Some amazing dub songs to check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W04IKR1E2M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwnQon5jolI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1VLaXoRRdk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITA4FhVjDc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpEOErRV-u4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r26y--evIw

kylej

Banned
The funny part is that you think you were proven right in the end.

I said bloom was bad. 343 took over and instituted less bloom and no bloom into many playlists and was celebrated for it. I'm not taking responsibility for any of that, but I think it's pretty clear that bloom as intended was not well liked, and as someone who faced a wall of people defending 100% bloom long before you even started reading HaloGAF, yes, I do feel as though I was proven right.

Buh buh buh but Call of Duty doesn't let you turn off the text!

Which is a problem. I'm not sure why people attempt to use a lack of options as a trump card. Oh your game doesn't let you do this, well THIS game doesn't let you do THIS! Limiting options that have no effect on other people's enjoyment of the game is not something to be happy about.

DeadNames

Banned
Judging from the weapons video, I'd say 343 redid the AA icons? I must say, Halo 4 is looking really nice. Gameplay looks solid, campaign gave me chills, and SpOps sounds delicious.

The medals now look normal. Thank you.

pretty sure music quality is completely opinion based.
Indeed; I thought the "music" in the trailer last night was absolutely horrible and sounded like someone was beating a talking computer to death, but I realize that my musical genius goes unappreicated with today's children.

Indeed; I thought the "music" in the trailer last night was absolutely horrible and sounded like someone was beating a talking computer to death, but I realize that my musical genius goes unappreicated with today's children.

I love dub but the song in the trailer was way to choppy until towards the end of the vid. Then it was really good. I am not so sure if they didn't chop up the song to go with the video. If so it didn't sound very well.

Fuchsdh

A lot of criticism is opinion based, but there's objective elements as well. Dubstep has less of x quality, more of y. There's actual science behind the common appeal of music.

Doesn't mean you should hate someone because they love Beiber, but you can talk about it without resorting to 'that's just your opinion, man'.

I believe mastrbiggy would agree that Slayer's "War Ensemble" would have been a much better song choice.

Myyke

Neo Member
I can't wait until everyone freaks out that Marty/Michael Salvatori did the trailer music. Would be a hilarious twist.

D3Vzg.gif

"Drop that bass"

Swarmerr

A lot of criticism is opinion based, but there's objective elements as well. Dubstep has less of x quality, more of y. There's actual science behind the common appeal of music.

Doesn't mean you should hate someone because they love Beiber, but you can talk about it without resorting to 'that's just your opinion, man'.

Where were you when waypoint went through its opinion phase to discredit any and every criticism of halo.

TheOddOne

Bleh dubstep discussion. DISSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNnnnnn.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Offtopic (ish) but Samuel L Jackson is doing the 2012 VGA's wonder how much love Halo 4 is going to get, I'm betting alot.
I bet he says it's "totally legit" and Master Chief "kicks some alien ass".

Meanwhile Black Ops 2 is "off the hook" and is "seriously hardcore".

Hipster will hate on any genera of music if its not the one they listen to. Even if deep down inside a small non hipster part of them loves the new Justin Bieber song. I am not afraid to give props to a good song no matter what genera. Even if its a country song.

Kuroyume

Banned
Hipster will hate on any genera of music if its not the one they listen to. Even if deep down inside a small non hipster part of them loves the new Justin Bieber song. I am not afraid to give props to a good song no matter what genera. Even if its a country song.

Shut up already no one cares

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey, can anyone recommend a good disc wallet? I need one with at least 100 slots, and preferably around $20. I don't want to bring like 70 game cases to college with me :lol

I love dub but the song in the trailer was way to choppy until towards the end of the vid. Then it was really good. I am not so sure if they didn't chop up the song to go with the video. If so it didn't sound very well.
I hope that a lot of those edits were intentional to just tease some of the newer weapons, but it was almost too choppy for my tastes. It's overly frenetic and creates a sense of false urgency, which certainly was made worse with the musical choice.

I agree! But I've always thought good dubstep would be great montage music. I mean imagine watching Tashi score double kill after double kill to this:

Burial / 'Ashtray Wasp'

Best track of the year for me.
Jeebuz that's a long song. Cool background music as far as my tastes go, and far better than what I was subjected to in the trailer.

I believe mastrbiggy would agree that Slayer's "War Ensemble" would have been a much better song choice.
That's a good one; "Disciple" is probably my favorite from them. Incubus was entirely too modest a choice when it comes to rock/metal/however you want to categorize it for Halo. Needs more Gojira.

CyReN

It's been confirmed no Halo at Gamescon then? Nexy going, maybe he can record Hypertrooper dancing instead or something.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's been a while since I've been in here, but I just watched the Halo 4 UNSC weapons video and just had to come post - especially seeing the SAW, which totally took me by surprise to see in a Halo game. Really looks great for a OD weapon too.

Weapon sounds sound great, and I'm glad they improved the announcer voice compared to the earlier Halo 4 version.

Getting even more hyped now, good job 343.

I keep watching the trailer and I hate the short choppy footage. Just as you get into someone getting owned. I think it would of been cool to some of the scenes in slow motion. Then do some some cool camera pans.

That's a good one; "Disciple" is probably my favorite from them. Incubus was entirely too modest a choice when it comes to rock/metal/however you want to categorize it for Halo. Needs more Gojira.

I was making it more as a joke about mastrbiggy's immense distaste for metal (because he's a crazy person), but now that I think about it, that might work, lol.

I'm actually thinking songs from the following would work well:

Crossfaith, Megadeth, Amon Amarth, iwrestledabearonce, In Flames, Machine Head, At the Gates, Rob Zombie (srsly), Volumes, and maybe Chimaira. I can think of 1 or more songs from each of those that go along quite well. At least in my head, they do.

It's been a while since I've been in here, but I just watched the Halo 4 UNSC weapons video and just had to come post - especially seeing the SAW, which totally took me by surprise to see in a Halo game. Really looks great for a OD weapon too.

Weapon sounds sound great, and I'm glad they improved the announcer voice compared to the earlier Halo 4 version.

Getting even more hyped now, good job 343.
Can't wait to hear the Exterm kill-call-out. Or (Snapshot Overkill!) something like that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom