• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
things change very time we see something new. Things aren't "final" even after the game comes out these days.

The build you saw the weapons on was a week or so old, so it's close to what will be submitted, but not final. Compared with E3 builds which are quite dusty now, it was very recent. 88 days to go. Less for us, obviously.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Did we get an explanation for the 14 shot clip in the DMR? I can't remember, the thread was so crazy yesterday.
hint hint hint

edit; Uphill both ways is amazing. I did a trailer/montage using it. Wonderful song to listen to. Same with Sacred Icon Suite 2. Awesome awesome songs.

Stinkles

Snapshot should be for quick-scopes.

I've heard people call no-scopes "open-scopes". you ever hear that one?

haha agreed

The greatest of all videogame word crimes is people who call levels "sheets" or "boards" which is a term that probably goes back to Space Invaders, but definitely Galaxian.

Portugeezer

The build you saw the weapons on was a week or so old, so it's close to what will be submitted, but not final. Compared with E3 builds which are quite dusty now, it was very recent. 88 days to go. Less for us, obviously.

So like 60 days to go for you guys?

Enough time to add spectator mode, thanks in advance.

nah, I don't give a crap about spectator mode, lol

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is the Light Rifle a loadout weapon?

Sorry, I've been asking this a lot, I'm just really curious.

Podcast later this month for a deep dive on our entire combat sandbox.
Ah sweet, completely forgot about that.

Also, didn't see it mentioned here, although I'm guessing you guys saw it: Next Halo Bulletin focuses on specializations.

GhaleonEB

I'm one of the few people that hate the fact that Doubles is getting cut, and don't really understand why it was necessary to cut in the first place, but your list seems completely practical. Why the playlist manager couldn't think it up and implement it really, REALLY bums me out. The standard Firefight playlist is a cesspool of asshats with FRGs; I've been streamlined out of playing my favorite part of Reach. :-

Likewise. My favorite aspect of the game will be gone.

blamite

Did we get an explanation for the 14 shot clip in the DMR? I can't remember, the thread was so crazy yesterday.
hint hint hint

Since the DMR is presumably still a five-shot kill, I wonder if the clip reduction is to reduce the total number of kills you can get unassisted per-clip from three to two. If the BR ends up a 5 shot kill, it would also only be able to get two full kills-per-clip as well. I guess removing a single bullet from the DMR would be a simple way to balance the two slightly better.

Incubus was entirely too modest a choice when it comes to rock/metal/however you want to categorize it for Halo. Needs more Gojira.
As a fan of metal, I entirely disagree. I thought they did a superb job, totally overcoming the lackluster pop music choices on the H2V1 soundtrack to make it a great album overall.

Tawpgun

Weapon previews are cool and all, but are we going to get a vidoc like video detailing the multiplayer experience. Focused on War Games?

Thanks, I completely forgot about uphill, both ways, it's a great montage friendly song.

If you missed me mentioning that earlier, you probably missed my post about a video from one of our custom games Munky uploaded for me.

At the risk of being annoying and posting that more than once. It was early in the morning when I posted that.

JackHerer

So from what we have been shown and have glimpsed through leaks or in the background of screenshots/videos, these are the new weapons we know of:

Railgun
Sticky Detonator
Saw
Storm Rifle
Scattershot
Light Rifle
Pro-Sniper
Pro-AR
Pro-Pistol
Pro-Heavy Weapon

Are there any I have missed? If not, that's 10. So have we seen all the new weapons or are there more to come?

Stinkles

Since the DMR is presumably still a five-shot kill, I wonder if the clip reduction is to reduce the total number of kills you can get unassisted per-clip from three to two. If the BR ends up a 5 shot kill, it would also only be able to get two full kills-per-clip as well. I guess removing a single bullet from the DMR would be a simple way to balance the two slightly better.

I would like to point out that the loadout system and the support upgrades and tactical packages will be part of that matrix of thought. Again, in playlists where stuff is wide open, Halo 4 is going to push people towards defining play styles that map to their strengths and weaknesses, as well as what loadouts they carry.

If you missed me mentioning that earlier, you probably missed my post about a video from one of our custom games Munky uploaded for me.

At the risk of being annoying and posting that more than once. It was early in the morning when I posted that.

Ha, ha.

I completely missed this, thanks! Lolololol Dawn of Malice. What a scrub.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Taking any questions by chance for the "hardcore competitive" guys? I promise no spectator mode or ranking ones;)

I'm always scouring the recesses of the toobs for topics and specific questions I think people will want answered. Feel free to keep throwing them my way.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I would like to point out that the loadout system and the support upgrades and tactical packages will be part of that matrix of thought. Again, in playlists where stuff is wide open, Halo 4 is going to push people towards defining play styles that map to their strengths and weaknesses, as well as what loadouts they carry.

Hopefully won't be plagued by cookiecutter builds. -_-

I was making it more as a joke about mastrbiggy's immense distaste for metal (because he's a crazy person), but now that I think about it, that might work, lol.

I'm actually thinking songs from the following would work well:

Crossfaith, Megadeth, Amon Amarth, iwrestledabearonce, In Flames, Machine Head, At the Gates, Rob Zombie (srsly), Volumes, and maybe Chimaira. I can think of 1 or more songs from each of those that go along quite well. At least in my head, they do.

All that norse mythology in Halo has got to secure these dudes!

GhaleonEB

Wait. What? They're removing FF Doubles?

image.axd

The playlists that are being retired in August’s Matchmaking playlist update are Anniversary BTB, Anniversary FFA, Firefight Doubles, Action Sack, and Squad DLC. We’re also using this opportunity to reorganize the playlists. The new categories will be Standard (i.e. Vanilla), Evolved (i.e. TU), Anniversary, Community, and Cooperative. The following are the screens you’ll see after the update has been implemented:

JackHerer

So while both of you are here....

Did you guys fix Bumper Jumper yet?

They said a while ago that they did. We haven't heard what exactly the new layout is but I'm assuming the classic LB to jump RB to melee and LT and RT for grenade and shoot respectively is what we will get. At least I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom