• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noricart

I can easily see myself flipping back and forth between BLOPS2 and Halo 4, however in the long run I know i'm going to be playing Halo more, unless Ranked BLOPS2 is well balanced and fairly competitive.
Honestly Ranked matchmaking is a pretty big deal believe it or not. A motivator for a lot of people, and starts some weird bonds and intense rivalries. Those who say that they can live without a ranking system are mad.
If there isn't a competent one for 4, no one will hope back on the game to strive to be better. Then, the game will be on comatose, like Reach.

DeadNames

Banned
I'm not saying the there's a snowball's chance in hell of Halo 4 outselling BlOps 2 on the 360, 343 knows this, M$ knows this, but i'm saying that if they pump more money into marketing, they more more they will get in return. I mean go to gamestop, do you see a single Halo 4 poster anywhere on the windows on the outside, if you do, that's extremely rare, and it could be better.

People put posters for what people want to see. Unfortunately, that's Black Ops 2.

After what Reach did to the Halo community no amount of advertising is going to make it outsell BLOPS2.

It seems to me that Halo 4 is actually bringing people in... At least where I am.

unless Ranked BLOPS2 is well balanced and fairly competitive.

Dream on.

a zoojoo

Banned
I heard a rumor a long time ago about M$ getting rid of the Microsoft points BS. I really hope its true. I am tired of having to buy $10.00 wroth of point to rent a $5.00 movie. Its such a scam.

That's the point. They want your money, they don't care about the client/customer. Look at the stories of the people who get their account hacked. MS doesn't do a thing.

Also, the point scale system is retarded. $10 = 800 MSP? Why not $10 = 1000 points, that's what Nintendo does, and Sony has an even better system with just making transactions with real money.

I'm not saying the there's a snowball's chance in hell of Halo 4 outselling BlOps 2 on the 360, 343 knows this, M$ knows this, but i'm saying that if they pump more money into marketing, they more more they will get in return. I mean go to gamestop, do you see a single Halo 4 poster anywhere on the windows on the outside, if you do, that's extremely rare, and it could be better.

Because MS still have a contract with Activision for early exclusive content so it could be wrong to no support COD, this year they decided to promote the Halo 4 console and i wont be surprised if they will launch a MW4 console bundle for the next year. hell they even allowed Activision to put a subscription fee every year in your account

Great Post
This is a great post. An amazing post. And I agree about the fear. But the specialization we heard about gave me not the impression of completely dominance in specific situation or the unknown factor, you spoke about. The reason is that the specialization does not give you any big special abilities like they did in CoD. The specialization/tactical package gives you a advantage, you'd have had in a normal Halo game too. A second primary weapon? Yeah. This advantage could happen in a normal game too. The guy has still a grenade? Yeah. Can happen, he hasn't thrown his grenade away at the beginning. He has more ammo? etc. Those stuff have no big impact of the fight between two players. Or at least I have this impression. (I can be totally wrong when I played the game for a month. And I fear I am totally wrong) The only concern is the Shield package. It gives you a significant advantage in a 1vs1.

And then we have still the unknown stuff...

I heard a rumor a long time ago about M$ getting rid of the Microsoft points BS. I really hope its true. I am tired of having to buy $10.00 wroth of point to rent a $5.00 movie. Its such a scam.

Microsoft points go on sale all the time though, so I'll take them any day. Although I'll admit PSN's payment system is better, just that cards never go on sale because they use real money.

and please don't type M$

After what Reach did to the Halo community no amount of advertising is going to make it outsell BLOPS2.

I feel like Reach ruined Halo for a lot of people that were really into Halo. This is not the majority however. From the people I talk to, it seems like a lot of the casual Halo players put Reach in the same class as ODST, Wars, or CEA even; they just skip over them. I think a lot of casuals are going to be back to Halo 4, for the simple fact that it is a numbered sequel.

I've got a better chance of banging Tom Brady's wife than Halo 4 has of outselling Blops 2 on 360.

IDK. The 15 guys I play with on 360 are all buying Halo 4 limited, and skipping black ops.
Not because we are huge halo fans (a few of us are) but because we didn't like the last few CODs, and Halo 4 looks awesome.

I'm sure there a bunch of people thinking the same.

You can buy them in 400 space allard increments...(which is approx. equal to $5)

Seriously. And you don't even have to give MS your credit card if you don't want to. You can buy all increments from Amazon (actually comes out cheaper because no tax for some people). Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-LIVE-Microsoft-Points-Online/dp/B008J35KS2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1344542768&sr=8-6

This is not even mentioning the Xbox Rewards program, Bing Rewards, ExpertZone, etc.

LD2k

Neo Member
I feel like Reach ruined Halo for a lot of people that were really into Halo. This is not the majority however. From the people I talk to, it seems like a lot of the casual Halo players put Reach in the same class as ODST, Wars, or CEA even; they just skip over them. I think a lot of casuals are going to be back to Halo 4, for the simple fact that it is a numbered sequel.
I can agree with this to an extent. Reach was a good game - but it just wasn't as "fun" as past Halo's. That missing "fun" was represented in both the casual and competitive sides of the community.

It's hard to like a game that plays - at it's core - in three different ways. Vanilla, TU, Anni. We need to get back to a point - ala Halo 2 - where EVERYONE was playing the same game, experiencing the same things and just had FUN with the game.

This is my personal opinion on it. This argument has been said a million times. I look forward to Halo 4 - it looks refreshing. I do, also, hope that the casual and competitive parts of the community can experience the SAME game (this was not the case with Reach, again, imo).

Maybe. It's hard to compare sales between the games. Halo 3 obviously got a HUGE boost from the whole "Finish the Fight" factor. It's probably going to remain the biggest Halo release of all time.

I want to agree with you on the whole "not being a numbered game" point, but I feel that you can't quite put it in a class with ODST and Wars because those were different games. Reach had the fully fleshed out multiplayer Halo experience, which alone should have been enough for most casual Halo players, because, let's be real, that's what most of them come to the franchise for.

I'm also willing to put attribute the dip in Reach's sales down to CoD's rise in popularity. Halo 3 and CoD4 were neck and neck at some points, and Activision just managed to keep building popularity by getting two more CoD games released in the time that people were waiting for the next Halo.

The point remains, though, that Reach left a bad taste in a lot of peoples' mouths.

JackHerer

I can agree with this to an extent. Reach was a good game - but it just wasn't as "fun" as past Halo's. That missing "fun" was represented in both the casual and competitive sides of the community.

It's hard to like a game that plays - at it's core - in three different ways. Vanilla, TU, Anni. We need to get back to a point - ala Halo 2 - where EVERYONE was playing the same game, experiencing the same things and just had FUN with the game.

This is my personal opinion on it. This argument has been said a million times. I look forward to Halo 4 - it looks refreshing. I do, also, hope that the casual and competitive parts of the community can experience the SAME game (this was not the case with Reach, again, imo).

It would be nice if the core game was competitive enough that not much had to be changed for competitive game types such as MLG.

Realistically though I'm sure some things will at least have to be removed. Hopefully nothing has to be fundamentally altered like it is in Reach with ZB, bleed through, and increased movement speed.

lilty

With sprint default there should hopefully be no need to have the movement speed increased. I'm hoping that other than some armor abilities, MLG doesn't touch anything.

Seriously. And you don't even have to give MS your credit card if you don't want to. You can buy all increments from Amazon (actually comes out cheaper because no tax for some people). Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-LIVE-Microsoft-Points-Online/dp/B008J35KS2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1344542768&sr=8-6

This is not even mentioning the Xbox Rewards program, Bing Rewards, ExpertZone, etc.

Yep, haven't paid for anything on Xbox Live in well over a year.

a zoojoo

Banned
With sprint default there should hopefully be no need to have the movement speed increased. I'm hoping that other than some armor abilities, MLG doesn't touch anything.

Speed increased from what game? Reach. That's a hell yes it needs to be changed. Reach was glacial.

They've done all they can to prevent that with the whole Infinity/Normal gametype split.

Here's a good question.

In the Halo 4 Main Menu. There's the giant halo surrounding Requiem.

Will Spartan Ops Missions be only within Requiem Or will there be other places outside of Requiem where you'll be playing in different episides/chapters within a new season?

Here's a good question.

Will Spartan Ops Missions be only within Requiem Or will there be other places outside of Requiem where you'll be playing in different episides/chapters within a new season?

That isn't Requiem in the main menu.

JackHerer

Here's a good question.

Are we sure that the planet in the middle is Requiem?

edit: beaten

halo4multip070612coverjpg-44023c.jpg

this is a pretty cool picture of the spartan on the ign site (on the left, the white one with red stripes)

Ding ding ding. I asked everyone and there mothers at SDCC what the name of that planet is. No one would answer. I think we all have a hunch though.
Very Interesting and a bit cryptic. This leads to more possible theories to question with others that don't know about the tidbits you've shared. :)

GhaleonEB

You hated Armor Lock because it's fucking bullshit.

That's what you were screaming, admit it. You'd have meticulously dropped someone's shields, or waltzed around a corner with the rocket (read: portable nuke) launcher, and just as you let that killing round fly... bzzzap. Nope. And what flew from your mouth?

"Fucking bullshit."

*snip*

This post was spot on, and is indeed the term I used to describe many of Reach's problems.

I'm only caught up to this post, so apologies if this has been beaten up. But it's one of the reasons I'm so worried about multiplayer. In Halo 4, there will be fights where I go and huddle up and someone's shields recharge before mine, and is able to finish me off, beacuse of a perk he picked. Or I have the drop on someone and they plop a hard light shield down and go around a corner, and I'm too far away to tag them with grenades. Or they use the thruster pack to duck into cover. Or use unlimited sprint to get to the other side of the map before I can finish them off. Or....

Every one of those situations will send me away from the game. None are as problematic as armor lock, but there are many of them, and they could add up. I've been (and am still mostly) holding back on commenting on multiplayer until I have the chance to play it, and we've seen more of what it has to offer.

But I'm so worried about multiplayer.

IHaveIce

Banned
I found out, that I'm getting a Halo 4 shirt, because I preordered Halo 4 at Gamestop.

Yay. :)

yep. Preorderd also there because of that.

More Ellis posts .. no mentions of Gamescom makes me a sad man.

Edit: For the guys under me. It is only in Germany I think with the shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom