• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Sacred Icon Suite 2, but this is fuckin awesome. I don't know if it was intentional, but the song syncs perfectly. From the way the drum beat matches the shotgun shots, then this part kicks in when the sniper rifle clips start, then the drum beat kicks in again during the rail gun sequence. It's just perfect. Someone fuse it into an HD video pls.

That's actually me. :)
Candy cane spartan.

Overdoziz

Banned
This post was spot on, and is indeed the term I used to describe many of Reach's problems.

I'm only caught up to this post, so apologies if this has been beaten up. But it's one of the reasons I'm so worried about multiplayer. In Halo 4, there will be fights where I go and huddle up and someone's shields recharge before mine, and is able to finish me off, beacuse of a perk he picked. Or I have the drop on someone and they plop a hard light shield down and go around a corner, and I'm too far away to tag them with grenades. Or they use the thruster pack to duck into cover. Or use unlimited sprint to get to the other side of the map before I can finish them off. Or....

Every one of those situations will send me away from the game. None are as problematic as armor lock, but there are many of them, and they could add up. I've been (and am still mostly) holding back on commenting on multiplayer until I have the chance to play it, and we've seen more of what it has to offer.

But I'm so worried about multiplayer.
I've been saying this since Reach. I really dislike the fact that fights will be influenced by what someone chose at some menu before a match even started. It really is the opposite of what I want in Halo games. It was one of the few good MP games left where everyone started off on an equal footing and only the players' actions would determine the outcome of a match. I don't dislike unlocking weapons and having the loadout system but I don't want it in Halo.

what are the preorder bonuses in canada?

camo spartan

halo_4_bonus_suit_lg.jpg

I've been saying this since Reach. I really dislike the fact that fights will be influenced by what someone chose at some menu before a match even started. It really is the opposite of what I want in Halo games. It was one of the few good MP games left where everyone started off on an equal footing and only the players' actions in a match would determine the outcome. I don't dislike unlocking weapons and having the loadout system but I don't want it in Halo.

i feel the same way. all i can do is hope everything is balanced and that it doesnt interfere with gunplay too much.

camo spartan
thats it? that looks hideous. anything other than ebgames? how is online ordering? does the game come in on time? like in the morning or will i have to wait for an evening delivery

Dug

Banned
thats it? that looks hideous. anything other than ebgames? how is online ordering? does the game come in on time? like in the morning or will i have to wait for an evening delivery
Evening would make sense, unless they have really fast shipping. Which they might.

Overdoziz

Banned
AR starts and Crazy King with random 30 second hills in Halo 3 Lone Wolves.
Oh my god Bungie, you could not be any worse at creating objective gametypes. No wonder nobody wants to play them anymore.

And now I get AR starts Oddball on Boundless with shield doors.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING BUNGIE

nillapuddin

I wont take any chances with the post office sending my copy on time. Ill be in line at 7pm waiting for both my copies.

i go around 10, i go to walmart (closer)

on Reach I got 2 posters, 2 beanies with my Legendary Edition cause I small talked the guy since I was first in line

I should give away my extra poster somehow
looks like this

looks like i will be getting from ebgames. closest to me and i can make it at opening (9pm)
just wished the armor wasnt so ugly. their isnt a limit on the limited edition, is their?

Akai__

Were you entered in a raffle after pre-ordering?

No, I simply preordered Halo 4 and he said, that I'm getting a shirt, too.

Hold the phone... Do we get H4 shirts for preordering at Gamestop now?

If I remember correctly, people in Spain are getting Halo 4 headsets and others get coffee cups. However, germans are getting shirts, as long as you preorder.

why does my gamestop never give anything away...

Dunno, but maybe something will be announced in your area, too.

Somewhat unrelated to current discussion, but I thought I'd take another crack at Halo 4 playlist ideas. Keep in mind some of these are probably way way questionable to most people.

Here are all of Halo 2/3's playlists, with the exception of H2 Challenge and some of the context-sensitive/weekend playlists in 3 like 7 on the 7th:

Ranked:
Team Slayer*
Team Objective* (Skirmish)
Team Doubles*
Team SWAT* (Social in Halo 2)
Team Snipers*
Team Harcore (MLG)*
Lone Wolves
Squad Battle
MLG FFA

Social:
Team Training/Basic Training*
Big Team Battle*
Rumble Pit*
Action Sack
Multi-Team
Social Slayer
Social Skirmish
Team Mythic (can count as the token fluff DLC playlists, etc)

Un-asterisked playlists are exclusive to Halo 3.
* This playlists appears in Halo 2 and Halo 3, with possible minor differences listed accordingly.

Halo 3 had a surprisingly high number of playlists; one of the major reasons being that ranked and unranked sort of fragmented both listings, with 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, etc. playlists being needed for each side of matchmaking being necessary. In order to better convey the way I'm trying to organize this, I'll list playlists by function rather than name.

Training Playlist.
Free-For-Fall Slayer/FFA Objective Playlist.
Doubles Playlist. (2v2)
Team Slayer Playlist. (4v4)
Team Objective Playlist. (6v6)
Big Team Playlist. (8v8; mix of Slayer and Objective.)

Additional listings:
Multi-Team. (2v2v2v2) OR (3v3v3v3) Objective/Slayer Mix
MLG / Team Hardcore. (4v4)
Team SWAT. (4v4)
Team Snipers. (4v4)
Action Sack. (4v4)
Various rotated playlists. (FFA - 4v4)

For the Ranking system, let's say there are three options:

Social. "An unranked experience for leisurely practice among Spartans." No rank is listed; games are only for Spartan Points and only affect trueskill. Guests, parties, and the like will all show up in your matches. Drop-in, drop-out is enabled.

Ranked. "A ranked middle ground for those seeking competitive opponents." Rank is listed; games affect trueskill, rank, and give Spartan Points. Guests, parties, and the like will all show up in your matches. Drop-in, drop-out is enabled.

Hardcore. "An intensely ranked option for only the most fervent of soldiers." Rank is listed; games affect trueskill, rank, and give Spartan Points. Guests will never show up in Hardcore. Matchmaking will do it's best to pit you against your exact opposites in both rank and party setup; if you're playing 6v6 and have a party of 3 and 3 independent players, the enemy team will likewise have a party of 3 and 3 independent players.

Now, let me try and streamline all of this.

Initiation (Free-For-All. Mix of Slayer and Objective.)
Acts similar to Halo 3's Basic Training where you're ranked and must play a certain number of matches before you "unlock" the real playlists. If you're going solo, it disappears after your initiation; if you have guests it still shows up, however.

Lone Wolf (Free-For-All. Mix of Slayer and Objective.)
Social: Parties can join in leading to 7v1 shenanigans and similar stuff.
Ranked: Only solo players can join in and will be matched up with other solo players.
Hardcore: See Ranked.

Team Doubles (2v2. Mix of Slayer and Objective.)
-Weightings are similar to Lone Wolf, though adjusted for teams.

Team Slayer (4v4)
Voting Option 1: Infinity Slayer.
Voting Option 2: Slayer. (Somewhat stripped-down gametypes; traditional point system.)
Voting Option 3: Classic Slayer. (Barebones similar to Anniversary Slayer.)

In Social, the options are listed 1-2-3. In Ranked, the options are listed 2-1-3. In Hardcore, the options are listed 3-2-1.

Team Objective (6v6)
-Priority is given to CTF and Assault. Everything else (Stockpile, Headhunter, etc.) are present but all occupy the third slot. Unconventional gametypes (such as 2 Flag Slayer, Hot Potato, etc.) do not show up in this playlist.

Big Team Slayer (8v8)
Voting Option 1: Infinity Slayer.
Voting Option 2: Slayer. (Somewhat stripped-down gametypes; traditional point system.)
Voting Option 3: Classic Slayer. (Barebones similar to Anniversary Slayer.)

In Social, the options are listed 1-2-3. In Ranked, the options are listed 2-1-3. In Hardcore, the options are listed 3-2-1.

Big Team Objective (8v8)
-Priority is given to CTF and Assault. Everything else (Stockpile, Headhunter, etc.) are present but all occupy the third slot. Unconventional gametypes (such as 2 Flag Slayer, Hot Potato, etc.) do not show up in this playlist.

Team ??? (4v4. All slayer. Not sure what to name this one.)
Voting Option 1: Team SWAT.
Voting Option 2: Team Snipers.
Voting Option 3: SWAT Magnums, Snipers Pro, etc.
Social/Ranked/Hardcore do not affect this playlist's voting option orders.

Multi-Team (2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3v3. Mix of Slayer and Objective.)
It should be noted that this playlist does not incorporate unconventional/fluff gametypes like Rocket Hog Race.

MLG / Team Hardcore (4v4. Mix of Slayer and Objective.)
This playlist will not appear if your matchmaking preferences are set to Social.

Action Sack Alpha (4v4, 2v2v2v2, and Free-For-All.)
This playlist will not appear if your matchmaking preferences are set to Ranked or Hardcore.
This playlist only appears Monday-Thursday.
Voting Option 1: Fluff Team Slayer Gametype. Examples include Shotty Snipers and Prom Knight Blasters.
Voting Option 2: Fluff Team Objective Gametype. Examples include Rocket Hog Race, Speedpile, Shotgun Assault, etc.
Voting Option 3: Race. Rocket Race (Hog or Mongoose variants) would occupy option 2.

Action Sack Bravo (4v4 and Free-For-All.)
This playlist will not appear if your matchmaking preferences are set to Ranked or Hardcore.
This playlist only appears Friday-Sunday.
Voting Option 1: Minigames. See Cat N' Mouse, Armor Walkers, etc. for example. Mostly community examples.
Voting Option 2: Trending community gametypes more akin to "sports" than actual combat such as Haloball, Hockey, Grifball, etc.
Voting Option 3: Various Infection variants.

Optional playlists:
Team Throwback (4v4. Mix of Slayer and Objective.)
This would mostly rely on Barebones Slayer and Classic Slayer as well as Forged remakes and similar stuff.

Team DLC (4v4. Mix of Slayer and Objective.)

That reduces it to anywhere between 9 and 11 playlists at any given time and could probably be compressed even more if you merged some of the Slayer/Objective playlists. Let me know if I forgot about anything.

HALOGAF

lookhere512icon-logo.png

Iv put together a google document with the sole purpose of creating a streamlined easy to read and simple way of asking 343i your halo related questions, This is Obviously not a guaranteed way to get the question answered but i feel that if 343 have a simple way to view the questions that people have a greater likelihood exists of getting an actual answer.

Please spread this around the community, it should be open for anyone to edit.

Link

FyreWulff

What is it?

http://www.gamefront.com/xbox-sponsers-halo-2-challenge-tourney/

Rumble Slayer - Beaver Creek, Desolation, Elongation, Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary
Slayer BR - Ascension, Desolation, Sanctuary, Terminal, Tombstone, Turf, Warlock
Rumble Snipers - Ascension, Burial Mounds, Colossus, Tombstone

tl;dr was Yet Another Rumble Pit playlist at a point when Halo 2 was about to go to pasture that you could win an Xbox 360 if you ranked high enough.

Noricart

SWORDS IN A RANKED FFA PLAYLIST
YOU ARE CRUSHING MY BALLS BUNGIE

Now you feel my pain.
HALOGAF
Iv put together a google document with the sole purpose of creating a streamlined easy to read and simple way of asking 343i your halo related questions, This is Obviously not a guaranteed way to get the question answered but i feel that if 343 have a simple way to view the questions that people have a greater likelihood exists of getting an actual answer.

Link
Twas a bad idea.

Fracas

#fuckonami
HALOGAF

http://www.bic.aut.ac.nz/__data/assets/image/0018/126801/lookhere512icon-logo.png

Link
Good intentions, terrible idea.

willow ve

In Halo 4, there will be fights where I go and huddle up and someone's shields recharge before mine, and is able to finish me off, beacuse of a perk he picked. Or I have the drop on someone and they plop a hard light shield down and go around a corner, and I'm too far away to tag them with grenades. Or they use the thruster pack to duck into cover. Or use unlimited sprint to get to the other side of the map before I can finish them off. Or....

Every one of those situations will send me away from the game. None are as problematic as armor lock, but there are many of them, and they could add up. I've been (and am still mostly) holding back on commenting on multiplayer until I have the chance to play it, and we've seen more of what it has to offer.

But I'm so worried about multiplayer.

Well said. The whole "rock, paper, scissors" term gets bandied around by so many people that it is typically (sometimes rightfully) dismissed. I fear that Halo multiplayer has drifted too far toward the "mainstream" gaming of today in the vein of COD and BF3 with perks, armor abilities, upgrades, etc... I am tentatively hopeful that there will be a true Halo mode (ie: where Halo is actually an arena shooter), but I'll hold back judgement until I can actually play some multiplayer.

HALOGAF

lookhere512icon-logo.png

Link
lol That was wild. People adding white space and changing fonts and shit. Anyway, count me in if you need help.

IHaveIce

Banned
No, I simply preordered Halo 4 and he said, that I'm getting a shirt, too.

If I remember correctly, people in Spain are getting Halo 4 headsets and others get coffee cups. However, germans are getting shirts, as long as you preorder.

Dunno, but maybe something will be announced in your area, too.

does your Gamestop a midnight release? Mine said, they were thinking about it.

Didn't expect this in Germany

willow ve

Somewhat unrelated to current discussion, but I thought I'd take another crack at Halo 4 playlist ideas. Keep in mind some of these are probably way way questionable to most people.

snp.

If you leave out Infection/Zombies and Grifball you've just lost two of the more popular playlists in Reach... I could see them as a "double spartan points" weekend though. That would be nice to see again.

Anyone is free to moderate it when they see fit, Dont be a dick and it wont get locked its simple.
It's good, but some questions that are off-topic like "Why is a zoojoo is so annoying?" is funny, but might not taken seriously towards others that want to contribute into the doc. I'm up for helping too. :)

Now that we have a direct feed video, here's a better screencap of the Prom Pistol with brightness/contrast adjusted:

If you leave out Infection/Zombies and Grifball you've just lost two of the more popular playlists in Reach... I could see them as a "double spartan points" weekend though. That would be nice to see again.

They're both in the weekday/weekend Action Sack playlists with altered weightings.

Why not? I say take them out as regular playlists so those people will flock to others playlists. If those people wanna play Living Dead so bad, they can make Custom Games like everyone else if Matchmaking doesn't offer what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom