• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5UKNQ.png
Yep. Cannot wait for the direct feed version of "Creating Halo 4". So long I have this to watch.

Striker

After recently playing Halo 3, I think the reach banshee design has grown on me, I like it.

But my god, is the banshee in 3 a thing of balanced beauty.
dat angle limiter

dat actual use of the banshee's main guns
Yep. The Banshee has no business having a fuel rod bomb attached in it for MP. Don't make the plasma cannons weak, and you won't have that problem. Plus I hated the view, too.

Banshee va banshee in Halo PC was pretty great.
Didn't play Halo 1 PC (just on LAN), but I still found the H1 Banshee to be the most enjoyable to fly.

This must be a BTS. Hype is rising!
At first, I believed it to be another ViDoc, "composing worlds" trailer, or "work in progress trailer". Can't wait to listen to Neil Davidge's work and if 343 has passed beta build and onto beginning stage of final build.

Swarmerr

oh, ok, i need to rewatch that then. looks like me when i wake up in the morning.

Lol most of the movie is the worm making patterns in the dirt, so it is probably why you didn't recognize the worm type thing.

On topic: So I am guessing we have already seen the video 343 is going to release today :/

L1NETT

Is that video they are releasing the one going out in cinemas (theatres)?

The Billy West narrated one?

I think it is but it's an extended version.

Ah right. Cheers.

Edit: Arnie, who is that in your Avatar? Borini?

Is anyone is HaloGAF interested in doing an EPL fantasy league through ESPN?

Hell yeah. I will give up by January as per tradition. :p

La Liga is more interesting...

A two horse race is always fascinating.

Howdy

Neo Member
In light of all the Junior love around here lately I was a little hesitant to post this, but what the hell...

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Pro Lurker. Registered on the forums in December 2010, my account was just activated a few days ago. Huzzah! Is there a record for longest wait for account activation?

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
I'm pretty old, 35. Born and raised in CT.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I've been a Halo fan since 2007, I have played all the games except Halo Wars.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
Multiplayer.

What are your favorite playlists?
Team Objective, Team Slayer, BTB

Help us get to know you better.
I was never really into FPS games until I picked up H3 after my wife got me a 360 as a gift. She regrets it now, because I was instantly hooked. I've lost a lot of hours of quality sleep to Halo multiplayer, but who needs to sleep anyway?

I mostly check the forums when I'm not too busy (procrastinating) at work, but I don't always get time to post something articulate. Just saying my posting will probably be in spurts, if I feel like I have something to add. My FL has sorta dried up as far as Halo players go, so I'm always looking to add people who don't teamkill for power weapons and are somewhat mature. Hopefully I can get in some games with you guys soon.

My GT is Howdy06, and I'm online most nights after 10pm eastern.

P.S. - I can't stand Armor Lock, Jetpacks, and Camo Snipers... and the GL isn't overpowered. I will miss it in H4, even though I suck with it.

Howdy Doody
What's up man? Howdy Doody was my pledge name for my fraternity in College, which inspired the GT.

Akai__

I played a little bit of the Halo Wars campaign today, eventhough I have all achievments except this general, but that isn't not far away anymore.

However, there are some things that are bothering me. One thing is, that we are visiting an other Shield World. Does somebody, know what the name of this Shield World is?

Halo Wars spoiler incoming:
It was destroyed, so I don't think we will actually hear about it again, but maybe it get's rebuilded, like a Halo ring. Do we know, if Shield Worlds get's repaired?

2nd thing is, that we met the Flood, on this Shield World. If the Flood has made it there, it could mean, that somewhere in the Halo universe, the Flood is still alive and that it is save from the Halo array.

We know, that we won't fight the flood in Halo 4, but maybe we will in Halo 5.
And maybe, we have to go on an other Shield World and destroy them manually.

This are only assumptions, so don't read too much into them.

---

And I'm so freaking hyped, about the Halo 4 Video thing today.

Pop

Hello Howdy!

Don't let these members scare you, they might look rigid on the outside but soft as a teddy bear on the inside.

Woorloog

Banned
I played a little bit of the Halo Wars campaign today, eventhough I have all achievments except this general, but that isn't not far away anymore.

However, there are some things that are bothering me. One thing is, that we are visiting an other Shield World. Does somebody, know what the name of this Shield World is?

Halo Wars spoiler incoming:
It was destroyed, so I don't think we will actually hear about it again, but maybe it get's rebuilded, like a Halo ring. Do we know, if Shield Worlds get's repaired?

2nd thing is, that we met the Flood, on this Shield World. If the Flood has made it there, it could mean, that somewhere in the Halo universe, the Flood is still alive and that it is save from the Halo array.

We know, that we won't fight the flood in Halo 4, but maybe we will in Halo 5.
And maybe, we have to go on an other Shield World and destroy them manually.

This are only assumptions, so don't read too much into them.

---

The Shield World had a number... Lemme look for it. EDIT it is: Shield 0459
Requiem is the same type of Shield World, a Conservation Sphere. AFAIK.

willow ve

I might be interested - I'll be out on vacation for the next 10 days. When are the picks due? PM me details and I'll join a league if you make one.
Come on You Spurs!

edit
Can't wait to see the new video from today. Finally real news to obsess over frame by frame.

IHaveIce

Banned
There were Flood research facilities on Installation 04 and Installation 05. There are 5 more Halo-Installation. Do you think that those rings do not have any research facilities?
kind of primordium spoilers :
if not one ring or more are still in the hands of the primordial
I take any bet that the flood is not done that would be too easy

kind of primordium spoilers :
if not one ring or more are still in the hands of the primordial
I take any bet that the flood is not done that would be too easy
Primordium Spoiler:
The Primordial is destroyed/killed by the Bonesteller-Didact. And of course we are not done with the Flood...

Beckx

Just got back from a star gazing gathering with the kids. We saw the rings on Saturn, my mind was blown.

Do you mind sharing details? It's something I feel like I'm missing with my kids b/c the light pollution in my area is so bad. I don't think they've ever seen a shooting star.

Heck, we're headed to the Outer Banks in a couple of weeks, this inspires me to keep them up late to stargaze on the beach.

It isn't something that Halo is in dire need of, but it is one of the reasons I never engage in aerial combat, I don't find anything thrilling or fun about it. That and you just end up getting killed by anti-vehicle weapons in an instant.

I'm hoping for a retooled Hornet so that we have a UNSC vehicle with weapons the pilot can fire. And I love your idea. (I'm not necessarily thinking of competitive matchmaking, but rather just having the vehicles for fun outside of competitive - my kids and I can spend hours just playing around in forge world).

Absolutely.

Akai__

There were Flood research facilities on Installation 04 and Installation 05. There are 5 more Halo-Installation. Do you think that those rings do not have any research facilities?

My point was, that there were Flood forms, save in a Shield World, besides the Installation 04 and 05.

IHaveIce

Banned
Primordium Spoiler:
The Primordial is destroyed/killed by the Bonesteller-Didact. And of course we are not done with the Flood...
you are right, I meant more in the terms of the or another gravemind.And maybe just a body was killed not the mind. ..
damn I need Silentium :D

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm looking forward to the campaign as much as I'm not looking forward to the multiplayer.

Are you looking forward to the campaign as much as you'd like GAF to believe you're not looking forward to multiplayer? Or how much you are ACTUALLY not looking forward to multiplayer? Fuckin riddles man.

My point was, that there were Flood forms, save in a Shield World, besides the Installation 04 and 05.
No flood forms aren't meant to be in a shield installation. Halo Wars had flood only because The Covenant meddled somewhere else and the Flood followed them there. Halo Installations and some smaller research facilities have flood but shield installations weren't purposely built for containment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom