• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackHerer

So the LE console comes with a Light Rifle skin? This makes me wonder what weapons we will be able to skin. Will power weapons be skin-able?

Also, how exactly will these skins work? Are they just new coats of paint or will some be different weapon models (for example, the Reach sniper instead of the fugly H4 one, aesthetic only obviously). I'm assuming it will be just be different colors/patterns etc but it would be nice to be able to have the look of an older model from past games if you want.

Also, will it be like COD in that if you pick up an enemy's weapon it will have the skin that they originally applied or will it only have the skin you apply while you are holding it?

FyreWulff

So the LE console comes with a Light Rifle skin? This makes me wonder what weapons we will be able to skin. Will power weapons be skin-able?

Also, how exactly will these skins work? Are they just new coats of paint or will some be different weapon models (for example, the Reach sniper instead of the fugly H4 one, aesthetic only obviously). I'm assuming it will be just be different colors/patterns etc but it would be nice to be able to have the look of an older model from past games if you want.

Also, will it be like COD in that if you pick up an enemy's weapon it will have the skin that they originally applied or will it only have the skin you apply while you are holding it.

They appear to be simply graphical texture swaps. Actual different weapon models would consume significantly more memory.

JackHerer

Light rifle skin? Where did you read that bro?

It's in the bulletin.

They appear to be simply graphical texture swaps. Actual different weapon models would consume significantly more memory.

Yeah so far we have only seen the "Arctic" BR skin right? They probably are all similar to that. It would be cool to have different models but it would probably require too many resources to develop as well as store on the disc.

Remember how a mass effect 3 demo was accidentally leaked when the last beta dashboard was released? I hope a halo 4 demo "accidentally" does the same thing and since it's a limited population it could sort of be a controlled beta.

The Bulletin said:
The Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Console Bundle comes with two exclusive controllers, a standard edition copy of Halo 4, a wired headset, a 320GB hard drive, built-in Wi-Fi, and Xbox LIVE tokens for exclusive Halo 4 in-game and avatar marketplace downloadable content (FOTUS Armor Avatar Costume, In-Game FOTUS Spartan Armor, Avatar Promethean Crawler Prop, In-game LightRifle Skin, In-Game Unique Unicorn Emblem). It is available through your favorite retailer while supplies last, priced at $399.99 (U.S. ERP). The standalone Xbox 360 Halo 4 Limited Edition Wireless Controller, which features the United Nations Space Command (UNSC) emblem on a dark grey translucent body, will include an Avatar T-shirt as exclusive downloadable content and will be priced at $59.99 (U.S. ERP).

:)

heckfu

Banned
lol, breaking NDAs 5 minutes in!

Haha, I tweeted Cyren the same thing.
Also, Heckfu you sure you don't want to do the fantasy.premierleague one? I have never done ESPN, is it any good?

If you watched the last day of the EPL season, you will know it is by far and away the best league in the world.

I used ESPN last year and it's pretty nice, actually. And just because the league comes down to the very last day and is the factor of who gets relegated and who wins the season (primarly based on an income gap between Qatari owned teams and teams owned by fans) doesn't make it the BEST league. I'm a French fan first and foremost because it's not all about money (except you, PSG, except you).

Kibbles

wait......

THAT'S IT

O_____O

Can't be, that's been up for a while now, heck someone posted an iPhone off-screen version some pages back. And if that guy thinks I'm throwing my credit card at the screen based of the ending to the E3 demonstration just with added random praise, lololol

CyReN

Burn Up, John.

barn%20fire.jpg

Sorry, who are you again? So many juniors these days it's hard to keep track.

<3 Can't wait for PAX. 35 days!
Oh god no, that's way to soon.

Let me give you a run down of my past week.

• Passport Expires
  • Lost my passport
  • Go to apply for new passport
  • That requires a birth certificate, which I also lost when my wallet was stolen (years ago)
  • cry

So this morning I applied for a rush on my birth certificate (coming straight from the Yukon) and it should be here early next week. Once I have that I can apply for my passport again, and hopefully get it in time for PAX.

Worst case scenario I might ask that we move PAX to Canada, hope everyone is cool with that.

FyreWulff

Oh god no, that's way to soon.

Let me give you a run down of my past week.

• Passport Expires
  • Lost my passport
  • Go to apply for new passport
  • That requires a birth certificate, which I also lost when my wallet was stolen (years ago)
  • cry

So this morning I applied for a rush on my birth certificate (coming straight from the Yukon) and it should be here early next week. Once I have that I can apply for my passport again, and hopefully get it in time for PAX.

Worst case scenario I might ask that we move PAX to Canada, hope everyone is cool with that.

Damn. I've had my birth certificate replaced like 3 times now. I left that (and my Social Security card) back in the States though this time. Last time I lost my SS card somewhere in Toronto.

Kibbles

It is the 27th, is it just going to be the theatrical trailer shown at Comic-Con that was supposed to be released today?

L1NETT

I used ESPN last year and it's pretty nice, actually. And just because the league comes down to the very last day and is the factor of who gets relegated and who wins the season (primarly based on an income gap between Qatari owned teams and teams owned by fans) doesn't make it the BEST league. I'm a French fan first and foremost because it's not all about money (except you, PSG, except you).

I'll give ESPN a go then :)

The Prem is the most competitive league in the world, for me anyway. Never really got into French football.

Havent had a chance to watch yet, but theres a new halo 4 video on the dashboard.

Accolade trailer or something like that??

Edit: Just watched. dont bother, its literally "Best game of e3" etc with some footage. The part with the ghost looked new however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom