• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doodled some ideas for "visible" AA concepts: (click to enhugen)

Wv4ew.png

In case it's hard to make out, they're as follows:
Jetpack: Jetpack.
Thrusters: Thruster pack. The current (Halo 4) design is fine, I just didn't remember what it exactly was.
Hardlight Shield: Shield generation gauntlets on both arms.
Regeneration Field: Plus-shaped generator mounted to the center of the user's chest plate; think Tony Stark.
Prom Vision: Symmetrical dual headset/eye apparatuses on both sides of the helmet.
Hologram: Elaborate projector mounted in the center of the chestplate with wiring/mounting devices sprawling to the sides of the armor.
Auto Turret: Shoulder-mounted devices that hook into both the back and front of the armor. They would detach and "fly off" when activated.
Active Camo: Modified version of the Arbiter's right shoulder pauldron and his "armor crest" on the left of it.

This "Bulbo Urethral Baggins" guy is just begging to be shit on though.

He's going on about "real" Americans.

When it comes to political threads, it's best to know the posters that typically visit them.

It seems from your post you don't understand Bulbo. The man has a shtick that blurs the lines between trolling, joking, and being serious. He's so good at it because the stuff he trolls and jokes about, what he actually believes is within a good range of that. It's hard to deal with him because you can never be too sure when he's being any one of the three. Unless you're good at pointing out, or just enjoy, whatever he jokes about.

PheonixDark is another member that has a political shtick and is very good at it. He concern trolls and hypes up many actions of the Republicans even though you know he doesn't believe what he's saying. It's easier to tell when PD's being serious, but still kind of hard.

You'll see a prominent political poster – banned until sometime later this month – called Kosmo. He doesn't have a shtick. He's being completely serious about everything he posts.

You'll be safe in political threads as long as you have hard data to back up whatever you're saying and don't resort to name calling. Which is very hard to do when you're interacting with Kosmo.

*shrugs*

I always do fine.

a zoojoo

Banned

Thrusters: Thruster pack. The current (Halo 4) design is fine, I just didn't remember what it exactly was.
Regeneration Field: Plus-shaped generator mounted to the center of the user's chest plate; think Tony Stark.
Prom Vision: Symmetrical dual headset/eye apparatuses on both sides of the helmet.
Hologram: Elaborate projector mounted in the center of the chestplate with wiring/mounting devices sprawling to the sides of the armor.
Auto Turret: Shoulder-mounted devices that hook into both the back and front of the armor. They would detach and "fly off" when activated.
Active Camo: Modified version of the Arbiter's right shoulder pauldron and his "armor crest" on the left of it.
Really good ideas. Inspired, if i'd say so myself.

Those would be great. I also like how the camo guy is shhhhh'ing.

Tawpgun

Delievering the goods:

Heres what I was talking about, in the Halo Reach Multiplayer Trailer @22 seconds it happens.

I captured the frames during that bit and here ya go

What Armor Lock
almost
looked like

If Armor Lock had such an obvious visual-tell do you think it would have helped in the "fucking bullshit" moments of combat?

I fail to see how it would not have.

Would have been less annoying.

But still super annoying and bullshit and terrible and how the hell did Bungie let this go through.

nillapuddin

Doodled some ideas for "visible" AA concepts:

Woo-Hoo, no were talking

(and discussing halo stuff)

Would have been less annoying.

But still super annoying and bullshit and terrible and how the hell did Bungie let this go through.

It certainly would not have helped AT ALL from how OP it is, but a little battle awareness would have alleviated the mystery of it

Though honestly I would probably still shoot a rocket at that guy 4/5 times

blamite

Delievering the goods:

Heres what I was talking about, in the Halo Reach Multiplayer Trailer @22 seconds it happens.

I captured the frames during that bit and here ya go

What Armor Lock
almost
looked like

If Armor Lock had such an obvious visual-tell do you think it would have helped in the "fucking bullshit" moments of combat?

I fail to see how it would not have.
Wow, I never realized AL used to look like that. Wish it would have stayed that way. It wouldn't have fixed the problem, but at least being able to tell who you shouldn't bother fighting would have been nice.

feel

Used to have A27 in front of my name here.

I'm not OG Halo 3 GAF or anything, But I've been posting regularly since Reach OT3, round the beginning of February 2011.

hi nice 2 meet u
oh hi! yeah I remember you, that thing you did with the zelda cosplay in socks was hilarious

fin

Oh shit, it's fin. Been a while dude.

I know you removed me from your friends list! Kinda lost interest in halo after bad company 2 came out. Don't have the time (or reflexes) to stay competitive at Halo anymore, miss the good ol' days of Halo 2 early Halo 3 trying to get that level 50. Play lots of Battlefield 3 now, it's more about patience, less moment to moment. But like Halo still has that crazy chaotic factor. Vehicles blowing shit up, planes crashing, choppers flying around. But I like it cause I can take my time, scope shit out. And there's more things to do other than just killing (hell you get points for shooting towards someone without hitting them 'Suppression points' :p). Maps are bigger too so you actually have time to breath a bit. Some it up, I suck at Halo and started playing BF, at least it isn't COD right?:p

But yeah super stoked for Halo 4. Everything has been really steller so far. Love the new enemies, new weapons. Excited for new environments, they look very alien, foreign, like a place you haven't been before. Which is great because I felt Halo environments were getting really predictable. The sound design is super rad so far, the weapon effects, the snippet at Halofest, and now this trailer, can't wait to hear this puppy on my surround sound and annoy this shit out of my neighbors.

Vire

When it comes to political threads, it's best to know the posters that typically visit them.

It seems from your post you don't understand Bulbo. The man has a shtick that blurs the lines between trolling, joking, and being serious. He's so good at it because the stuff he trolls and jokes about, what he actually believes is within a good range of that. It's hard to deal with him because you can never be too sure when he's being any one of the three. Unless you're good at pointing out, or just enjoy, whatever he jokes about.

PheonixDark is another member that has a political shtick and is very good at it. He concern trolls and hypes up many actions of the Republicans even though you know he doesn't believe what he's saying. It's easier to tell when PD's being serious, but still kind of hard.

You'll see a prominent political poster – banned until sometime later this month – called Kosmo. He doesn't have a shtick. He's being completely serious about everything he posts.

You'll be safe in political threads as long as you have hard data to back up whatever you're saying and don't resort to name calling. Which is very hard to do when you're interacting with Kosmo.

*shrugs*

I always do fine.
Hah, thanks for the good chuckle.

I got a kick out of this post.

heckfu

Banned
I was planning on saying this earlier, but people who use bold and underlined text followed by exclamation point(s) all the time are the equivalent to slutty high school girls who crave attention.

It's fucking annoying.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I was planning on saying this earlier, but people who use bold and underlined text followed by exclamation point(s) all the time are the equivalent to slutty high school girls who crave attention.

It's fucking annoying.

They should just use red text all the time. That would be a way cooler way of getting attention imo!

Vire

It's fucking annoying.

Dayuuuuuum zoojoo

heckfu just called you a slut.

a zoojoo

Banned

It's fucking annoying.

Dayuuuuuum zoojoo

heckfu just called you a slut.

I give this many shits.

If i'm the attention craving slut, heckfu is the equivalent of the kid in high-school in the changing room who still wears whitey-tighties.

I thought maybe we could get along heckfu, but it's becoming increasingly apparent to me that you have no such interest.

Something I'd like to request of 343 regarding drop in/drop out inspired by playing MW3:

Please keep a record of the games I've been in, and don't put me back in a game I've quit out from. It's so annoying to quit out of a game because of lag only to be put back in the same game 5 times.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

It's fucking annoying.

also, gifs. and junior hate

^slut

sorry to hear about your dog/financial issues

hopefully you will get that resolved, it's a double killer when our pets are not well

And wow that shot looks amazing

Yeah, its been a bit rough, I just hope he will get better soon, I hate making him go through this. As for money..blah, I need to get that stuff figured out soon.

And I know, isn't that shot great? I capped it from one of the SpOps gameplay vids and have been meaning to post it. :lol

Anxious to catch Tashi's show when I'm home from work. Carnotaur has a nice voice. /flutters eyelashes

Bwaha I hate my voice, but thank you.

It sucks, hope everything turns out well with your dog, I went trough the same a couple of weeks ago, and just for some xrays and bloodwork the bill made up to 800 bucks.

Random tought, A 4sk BR in Halo 4 is the only thing I'm hoping for!, game looks good as it is, a 4sk BR would be icing to the cake.

Yeah, X-Rays ran the price up for me tonight, which I don't really think were needed since he just got some fairly recently and its a reoccurring issue, but ah well. The vet wanted to be thorough so thats good. Of course, now it seems they may keep him overnight so that will run the bill up.

Damn man sorry to hear that. They're so fuckin worth it though. Glad to hear he may be getting better soon though... Stay positive brother.

Thanks, he supposedly is a lot better already, but like I said they may keep him overnight.. From here it will be about keeping him healthy, which hopefully wont be bad at all.

*shrugs*

I always do fine.

Shopping stuff is the best part.

heckfu

Banned
I give this many shits.

If i'm the attention craving slut, heckfu is the equivalent of the kid in high-school in the changing room who still wears whitey-tighties.

I thought maybe we could get along heckfu, but it's becoming increasingly apparent to me that you have no such interest.

Lol I never said any names, kid. Call of the hounds already you're making me sad!

a zoojoo

Banned
Lol I never said any names, kid. Call of the hounds already you're making me sad!

I know that you were referencing me in particular.

And it wouldn't be the first time.

I REALLY, REALLY don't want to pick a fight with anyone. And i also don't want to put anyone on ignore

Look, i'm sure that you're a nice guy and all, but i'm tired of this passive-aggressive peekaboo bullshit.

I'm sorry for calling you out like that, but GAF has just been pissing me off to no extent. I think i've posted like 10 posts in the last couple days, and that's why.

I REALLY, REALLY don't want to pick a fight with anyone. And i also don't want to put anyone on ignore

Look, i'm sure that you're a nice guy and all, but i'm tired of this passive-aggressive peekaboo bullshit.

I'm sorry for calling you out like that, but GAF has just been pissing me off to no extent. I think i've posted like 10 posts in the last couple days, and that's why.

Protip: ignore haters, only makes you look like you're fueling the drama.

Karl2177

GAF isn't about post quantity, but more on post quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom