• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

a zoojoo

Banned
You've never been there, I don't think your opinion is quite as credible compared to people like Grim, nilla, and I, who've lived their our whole lives and enjoy it.

Let's see if this makes sense: person who's never been to Florida claims Florida is a "shithole", yet people who have lived there their whole lives enjoy it.

Hmm.

Sorry guys but it had to be done.

36jk4r.jpg

Well, fuck. Top of the page.

K. Anyway...

Granted a lot of places look like dogshit compared to the Pacific Northwest.

I'll give you this. I'd live in Seattle or San Francisco in a heartbeat. Done quite a bit of travelling and those are easily my two favs. Spent a good amount of time in each.

That being said, opinion does not the truth make. I've had amazing experiences here for over 30 years, and wouldn't trade them for anything. <3

(everyone of course is entitled to their own experiences dictating their thoughts on a place; they should usually, be their own thoughts though ;-)

B wzy

Neo Member
None. Wouldn't waste the airfare when there are plenty of places I could go to instead. I have more than a couple friends who went there for school from the Bay Area or the reverse. Granted a lot of places look like dogshit compared to the Pacific Northwest.

Thats a pretty fucked up opinion. I was born and raised in the Bay Area, and do love the North West. However, there are some extremely cool things Floridians have access to. In general, calling someones home a shit hole is pretty low. On the other hand, I have no desire to live there again.

nillapuddin

Funny, I often think the same about wherever it is your opinions are formed. <3

haha

Grim's good company. And he enjoys pizza.

It WILL happen. Just moved into my new apartment too. USF's a good school, although that's Grim's territory. I'll be down there during the USF/FSU game at the end of September.

hey, i like pizza football and halo!

edit: i was born in alabama, then raised half-and-half with kentucky til halo ce i was 10
i have many "homes" and florida is not a bad one

but yeah anyways, HALO!

Yup, I consider Lake Tahoe to one of the most beautiful places in the country. Great place to call home.

tahoe-sunset_trpa.jpg

My favorite part of being in California was the varied landscapes. Forest, mountains, cliff and beach coastline, desert, flatlands, rolling hills, huge lakes etc.

Thats a pretty fucked up opinion. I was born and raised in the Bay Area, and do love the North West. However, there are some extremely cool things Floridians have access to. In general, calling someones home a shit hole is pretty low. On the other hand, I have no desire to live there again.

Access to what?

Man, too many Floridians, needs more NYers up in here.

Funny, most of us in FL (natives) would love to have fewer NY transplants. ;-) And Boston, and Philly, and all the other myriad of places people come from to move to our state on purpose and then complain that "back home was so much better." Um... ciao!

You seem like good people though. <3

it's ok guys, Disneyland is better than Disneyworld anyway. Basically the same amount of rides, only not spread over four parks, just two. Also no educational stuff like Epcot.

My favorite part of being in California was the varied landscapes. Forest, mountains, cliff and beach coastline, desert, flatlands, rolling hills, huge lakes etc.

Definitely beautiful there. Always loved the places I've been in CA. You've got good stuff going on.

And HELL YES Halo 4 is looking good. Can't wait to get it home this November <3

Enfinit

Yet everyone I know who's a transplant hates it.

/shrug

And I've been to the Bay Area more than once, and it's a beautiful place. Visually, it's probably much, much better than Florida. However, if i had to move there, I'd still love Florida more.

Why? Because it's my hometown and where I grew up. None of your "transplant" friends prefer where they came from for the same reason. It's human nature.

FyreWulff

Aren't the Dakota's so boring that they put Rushmore there because otherwise no foot traffic what so ever?

South Dakota at least has Rushmore, and yeah, it's the only thing in the state. North Dakota just has straight up nothing.

Also now you made me miss Nebraska's superstorms.

grand-island-super_1635339i-e1278986115939.jpg

l5276958.jpg

120103_nebraska_storms.jpg

I could tell Bungie actually did their research on the storm over the portal in Halo 3, because they sure as hell didn't get any case studies up here in the Pacific NW :lol

What I'd want to see but it's not a good idea is the thunderstorms Florida gets. Now that is a sight to behold.

Lol, and a daily occurrence, especially in the summer. I think I have some good video of one of the last ones on my phone still. If I do, I'll grab it and show you. Awe-inspiring stuff. :)

Lol, and a daily occurrence, especially in the summer. I think I have some good video of one of the last ones on my phone still. If I do, I'll grab it and show you. Awe-inspiring stuff. :)

Please do! I love watching lightning and there's something awe-inspiring about those storms even though they can be quite deadly.

Please do! I love watching lightning and there's something awe-inspiring about those storms even though they can be quite deadly.

My "day job" is writing, developing, and performing live and crazy science programming and demonstrations for our science center here. One of my favorite things to do is play with the VDG Generators and Tesla Coils. Lightning and electricity are badass. :)

My "day job" is writing, developing, and performing live and crazy science programming and demonstrations for our science center here. One of my favorite things to do is play with the VDG Generators and Tesla Coils. Lightning and electricity are badass. :)

I got the kind of hair that goes cray when I touch one of those balls that generates static (forgot the name).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom