• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MS can still take you to court though.

Edited that post, look above, we cleared it up. My point was I didn't realize there was an NDA on these because of how commonly people posting info about them, I just assumed once they went to the public stage that they lifted the NDA. I was incorrect.

In other news, I just clicked on a H3 stream link that The Halo Council tweeted and it currently says there is 6 people in the MLG playlist. lol

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
As we said at San Diego Comic Con, the cinema trailer we debuted at the panel is set to premiere in theaters nationwide starting today, July 27th. Because of the way this stuff is structured regarding agreements with theater chains, guilds, etc, there will not be a direct feed version posted online today.

It's unfortunate when these self-feeding rumors build up steam. We certainly aren't in the business of disappointing fans, but I don't believe we ever explicitly said that we'd be posting that video online today. That's not to say it won't see a release online at some point, but, as always, wait until you hear it from us first.

Beckx

They had about a half dozen telescopes set up looking at different objects in the sky, one of which was Saturn. Around 9:30, it was dark enough to start looking through them. The one pointed at Saturn was about 150x magnification. Just looking up, it looks like a very bright star - the brightest we can see most nights. Looking into the telescope, we could see the sphere of the planet, and the oval rings around it, with some color variation in them.

It was tiny, but still breathtaking. I had no idea we could see them from the ground.

That is fantastic. I've always wanted to see the rings, but assumed it wasn't possible.

As we said at San Diego Comic Con, the cinema trailer we debuted at the panel is set to premiere in theaters nationwide starting today, July 27th. Because of the way this stuff is structured regarding agreements with theater chains, guilds, etc, there will not be a direct feed version posted online today.

It's unfortunate when these self-feeding rumors build up steam. We certainly aren't in the business of disappointing fans, but I don't believe we ever explicitly said that we'd be posting that video online today. That's not to say it won't see a release online at some point, but, as always, wait until you hear it from us first.

Well it's been fun folks. MTW, where you at? We need infoz now. Tell me more about regen field force fields, jet packs and the deployable auto sentry.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Fair enough. Are we anywhere close to seeing a vidoc of sorts of something? War Games? Campaign? Anything?

Just ready to see more of the game. :)

Ryaaan14

Banned

This isn't the video that was Tweeted about earlier, right?

Ryaaan14

Banned
Sorry, don't know what you're talking about. Could you be more specific?

5UKNQ.png

Wait, what? (I understand your statement clearly, it's just baffling to me)

What was shown at SDCC was essentially a long commercial for the game, and now you infer that there's some sort of stupid contractual clause that actually prevents you guys from releasing it outside of theaters? That makes absolutely zero sense from any marketing standpoint. Wow.

Aw. Oh well, since it's just that thing I saw offscreen footage of at Comic Con then I don't really care if I watch it again or not, haha. Thanks for being direct about it!

GhaleonEB

I have no idea who that is. Possibly he was reading GAF or some other forum and jumped to a conclusion or, heck, maybe he's going to see a movie today to check out the video in a theater.

Thought I'd point out that the tweet doesn't say it's being released online today - just that it's being released. And it is - in theaters, just as you guys said.

I think this is a case of everyone whipping themselves into a frenzy without connecting dots that had been previously drawn.

Homeboyd

Thought I'd point out that the tweet doesn't say it's being released online today - just that it's being released. And it is - in theaters, just as you guys said.

I think this is a case of everyone whipping themselves into a frenzy without connecting dots that had been previously drawn.
This is the first time I didn't buy into the hype from the potential drop of any real info. I just knew, deep down, we wouldn't be that lucky. Sadly... Well, you know the story.

Homeboyd Evolved.

IHaveIce

Banned
That is what we get for believing we get some kind of new direct feed video.

now in cinema watching Dark knifht rises in a few minutes .

Hehe, funny how people on here can get wires crossed. Can't say for a second I was expecting anything more than the (extended?) movie < game ad. I might try see TDKR this weekend and hope to see it.

Homeboyd

That is what we get for believing we get some kind of new direct feed video.

now in cinema watching Dark knifht rises in a few minutes .
Seeing it tonight with the GF. She wants to see it more than me somehow.

Wish me luck. Crazy people out there... : /

Hehe, funny how people on here can get wires crossed. Can't say for a second I was expecting anything more than the (extended?) movie < game ad. I might try see TDKR this weekend and hope to see it.
As we said at San Diego Comic Con, the cinema trailer we debuted at the panel is set to premiere in theaters nationwide starting today, July 27th.

It does not say worldwide.

Edit.: But you live in UK. Microsoft UK will definitely show it there too. Unlikely other European countries. :/

I have no idea who that is. Possibly he was reading GAF or some other forum and jumped to a conclusion or, heck, maybe he's going to see a movie today to check out the video in a theater.
He states the contents of the videos in other tweets, he has seen it. It seemed he knew what he was talking about as his states he is affiliated with Microsoft.

Oh well. I think we all knew that it was a theater promo, but hoped there was a chance it would pop up elsewhere.
thanks for clarifying.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Seeing TDKR again in a couple of hours. Odds of seeing the video? I'm guessing about the same odds as Levi Freeman being recognized on the street.

CyReN

Does anybody have that chart where it showed the release of Halo 3 and before it had the end of Halo 2 to compare the huge spike.

edit: found it

V57TL.jpg

Gazzawa

Rupert Sanders- the dude who had the affair with Kristen Stewart directed the Halo 3: ODST live action trailer.
Love is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom