• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Can you put this video out before I have to go to work? I wanna listen to it with a good set of headphones instead of shit speakers at work.

Love you bye!

lol, breaking NDAs 5 minutes in!

EVERY beta dashboard, the Kinect beta, a few game betas I've been in, etc. ALL had NDAs. I highly doubt that this one is different and he should know better.

Im honestly baffled people havent seen The Dark Knight Rises yet (Spoilergate 5 pages ago)

You serious? Maybe some people don't like going to packed theaters with noisy asswipes during the first couple weeks of a film's release. Maybe some of us have to drive over an hour or more to go to an IMAX or even a decent theater that isn't the dirty, expensive-as-shit, poorly-calibrated-projectors-having POS in our home town. Maybe some people work 10+ hours each day and are just tired when they get done. Maybe they had something else to do during the weekend? Or they were working then too?

Soooooo many reasons why people (including myself) haven't seen it yet. Kind of glad I've been pretty busy today so I missed out on the spoiler action. I'm not the biggest OMGDARKKNIGHTOMG fan, but I'd still like to enjoy the film when I see it.

Swarmerr

Can you put this video out before I have to go to work? I wanna listen to it with a good set of headphones instead of shit speakers at work.

Love you bye!

Agreed with this, I would really like to see some new gameplay. Tbh all we have seen at rtx and sdcc is the recycled e3 build.
maybe a skill based rank system confirmation, plz

EVERY beta dashboard, the Kinect beta, a few game betas I've been in, etc. ALL had NDAs. I highly doubt that this one is different and he should know better.

You serious? Maybe some people don't like going to packed theaters with noisy asswipes during the first couple weeks of a film's release. Maybe some of us have to drive over an hour or more to go to an IMAX or even a decent theater that isn't the dirty, expensive-as-shit, poorly-calibrated-projectors-having POS in our home town. Maybe some people work 10+ hours each day and are just tired when they get done. Maybe they had something else to do during the weekend? Or they were working then too?

Soooooo many reasons why people (including myself) haven't seen it yet. Kind of glad I've been pretty busy today so I missed out on the spoiler action. I'm not the biggest OMGDARKKNIGHTOMG fan, but I'd still like to enjoy the film when I see it.

Did you just feel the need to rant? It is a popular movie, almost everyone I know has already seen it. I haven't seen it but don't understand why i would need to give a long winded explanation of why I have yet to see it..

kylej

Banned
Yea Reach is fucking terrible.

Have shitty guests and MM all night.

Last game get NZ host everyone yellow bar with so much lag. Two of my teammates drop dub neg bombs.

Say OK lets try MLG. Teammate I get matched up with quits before game even starts.

Dashboard Shut down console.

Fuck.There is a reason the numbers on this game are so low. Thats because it goes out of its way to make you stop playing. I like this game, but I literally have nowhere to go at night when my dongers aint on.

Yes. I've said it before, based on the teammates it's given me, "The game doesn't want me to play it" so I've ceded to its will and practically stopped.

game just launched. please give trueskill time to gather data, close matches are around the corner you just need to wait a little bit.

Did you just feel the need to rant? It is a popular movie, almost everyone I know has already seen it. I haven't seen it but don't understand why i would need to give a long winded explanation of why I have yet to see it..

Rant? About my local theater maybe. He did say he was baffled. I simply provided a quick list of reasons why many people where I live (as an example) haven't seen it yet.

If I really wanted to rant I'd go into detail about how we have an IMAX dome theater but they don't show real movies there. Only documentaries. That honestly pisses me off more than TDKR spoilers.

Swarmerr

Rant? About my local theater maybe. He did say he was baffled. I simply provided a quick list of reasons why many people where I live (as an example) haven't seen it yet.

If I really wanted to rant I'd go into detail about how we have an IMAX dome theater but they don't show real movies there. Only documentaries. That honestly pisses me off more than TDKR spoilers.

Fair enough, I guess I interpreted it as ranty.. forgive me.

Whats IMAX?

Fracas

#fuckonami
New dash is out? Sweet! I'll go download it, signed up for the beta last night.

Also, does this new video have a specific time it's coming out?

Cant wait to Halogaf.

20120727-10315152--xboxbeta_large_verge_medium_landscape.png
I've found the browser works surprisingly well on the console. Didn't really except that.
lol, breaking NDAs 5 minutes in!

It's a public test now, there are no NDAs associated with it.

Im serious. I live in Ireland my friend. Never heard of it before.

Figures. Apparently Ireland and Finland are 2 out of like 5 European countries without an IMAX. As an FYI, their website shows that there are about a dozen in the UK and 1 each in St. Petersburg and Stockholm (for our Finnish friend). Those would be the closest ones to you gentlemen.

Ireland is not some 3rd world country, though.
And Finland is? Kidding right?

Woorloog

Banned
Figures. Apparently Ireland and Finland are 2 out of like 5 European countries without an IMAX. As an FYI, their website shows that there are about a dozen in the UK and 1 each in St. Petersburg and Stockholm (for our Finnish friend). Those would be the closest ones to you gentlemen.

Lol, nice.
Definetly not going to Sweden to watch films in IMAX theater.

Did anyone from 343 ever say the video would be released online? I always thought it was going to be shown during movie previews. You know, at the movie theater.

-------

Too much punctuation. Lose the comma.
According to that guy it's the video we saw at SDCC. He still hasn't clarified if it is theater only.

Oh, I stand corrected. When you released a public test like that though, that NDA is a joke. I just assumed there wasn't one because every public Dashboard test they have done has been very public.
But you have to believe in the people.

Did anyone from 343 ever say the video would be released online? I always thought it was going to be shown during movie previews. You know, at the movie theater.
I think it is:
I'm pre-ordering Batman tickets tomorrow, I planned to see it after a few days so the crowds die down. I can totally wait another week to see it for this trailer.

What I really want to know is if this trailer will be made available to people who don't feel like seeing a movie any time soon. Will it go to iTunes? Waypoint?
It has distribution limited by guild rules but there might be ways to distribute outside of theaters. This runs in ad blocks - Fandango, Coke etc, not in trailer reels.
From this thread.

Oh, I stand corrected. When you released a public test like that though, that NDA is a joke. I just assumed there wasn't one because every public Dashboard test they have done has been very public.

How hard is this to understand, really? The "public" part refers to who is able to join in the beta. Even then it's limited. The application became public. Then during that application process, you sign an NDA that states that you understand that everything is not final and that you are not to release video/pictures/etc of the beta software/materials/devices EVEN AFTER THE BETA IS COMPLETE. A non-disclosure agreement means *don't disclose their shit*, ok guise?

People during the Kinect beta released Youtube vids and stuff and were promptly kicked out, banned their consoles from live, etc.

NDAs are srsbsns that they assume adults understand.

Looks like we have one IMAX cinema in the city.
From wiki: "This is an isense screen not imax"

:(

GhaleonEB

Do you mind sharing details? It's something I feel like I'm missing with my kids b/c the light pollution in my area is so bad. I don't think they've ever seen a shooting star.

Heck, we're headed to the Outer Banks in a couple of weeks, this inspires me to keep them up late to stargaze on the beach.

They had about a half dozen telescopes set up looking at different objects in the sky, one of which was Saturn. Around 9:30, it was dark enough to start looking through them. The one pointed at Saturn was about 150x magnification. Just looking up, it looks like a very bright star - the brightest we can see most nights. Looking into the telescope, we could see the sphere of the planet, and the oval rings around it, with some color variation in them.

It was tiny, but still breathtaking. I had no idea we could see them from the ground.

It's a real barn-burner.
Our idea of a barn burner is have everyone eat beans for lunch and then gather in the barn with a fire going.

How hard is this to understand, really? The "public" part refers to who is able to join in the beta. Even then it's limited. The application became public. Then during that application process, you sign an NDA that states that you understand that everything is not final and that you are not to release video/pictures/etc of the beta software/materials/devices EVEN AFTER THE BETA IS COMPLETE. A non-disclosure agreement means *don't disclose their shit*, ok guise?

People during the Kinect beta released Youtube vids and stuff and were promptly kicked out, banned their consoles from live, etc.

NDAs are srsbsns that they assume adults understand.

I'm completely aware of what an NDA is and what it means, what I meant was that based on the past, once these dashboard updates went to the public phase, it never felt like there was an NDA, people were opening discussing it and posting stuff from it all the time.

I'm completely aware of what an NDA is and what it means, what I meant was that based on the past, once these dashboard updates went to the public phase, it never felt like there was an NDA, people were opening discussing it and posting stuff from it all the time.

Sorry to put that on you. But there have always been NDAs. Every. Time. It's always the idiots that post stuff. Eventually, they lift some embargo for news sites or reviewers to release details and screens and such. But before then, everything comes from some idiot that violates their NDA and almost always gets caught doing so. Seen it way too many times; it still astounds me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom