• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKYARD

Any Gaffers going to FanExpo Toronto in a couple weeks? Halo 4 will be there.
2 hours away.

I was planning to go but the Rooster Teeth guys i wanted to meet for drinks after the event backed out. I would reconsider knowing Halo 4 will be playable but i am physically unable to wait in the 3-4 hour lines you see at these events. Having surgery to repair my hip November 12 so the longest i can stand is 15-20 minutes at a time.

He definitely is who you think he is.
Who does he think i am?

Pop

HaloGAF map so far:

usA1Z.png

Threw out all pre-survey data I had. Keep it coming in.

Texas

L1NETT

We need a European map for HaloGaf!! (The European's have woken up!)

--

Secondly, good work on the podcast Tashi and co. Good listen as always.

--

I have a question for you guys, do you think it would better if Infinity Slayer and Team Slayer were in one playlist or in separate (like Team and Super Slayer)?

I know Frank said they are looking for a focussed set of playlists, wondering if keeping them in one playlist would be likely. If they were separate I can see Infinity being far more popular. (more toys etcc..)

IHaveIce

Banned
HaloGAF map so far:

usA1Z.png

Threw out all pre-survey data I had. Keep it coming in.

343 hire this man, he also only thinks about America lolol.

Yesterday I got the Jackpot in Grifball, it is horrible, the whole gametype is shit, your killrange is dependant on who is host. And then even in this playlist, there are quitters and guys who only betray each others.

And some guys who only want to increase their K/D, this won't matter if they had Ranked and Social K/Ds like Halo 3.

Reach

Omni

Thread on Bungie.net.

There's a guy arguing that Halo 3 and Reach both look better than Halo 4... and I don't know how to react. On one hand I've seen videos of Halo 4 and some textures aside (Probably due to early build), it's much better looking than previous instalments, but on the other I'm looking at the screenshots in that thread and it doesn't look too good at all in comparison.

Anyone know what build those screenshots are from? I'm hoping they're old.

Myyke

Neo Member
Thread on Bungie.net.

There's a guy arguing that Halo 3 and Reach both look better than Halo 4... and I don't know how to react. On one hand I've seen videos of Halo 4 and some textures aside (Probably due to early build), it's much better looking than previous instalments, but on the other I'm looking at the screenshots in that thread and it doesn't look too good at all in comparison.

Remind yourself that you are browsing the Bungie.net forums, calmly close your browser tab, and return to civilisation.

FyreWulff

Thread on Bungie.net.

The only thing Halo 3 has over Reach and possibly 4 is a greater HDR range, and that greater HDR range resulted in Halo 3's native HD res being 640p.

Reach has much higher detail models and textures on everything (Reach is finally using a signficant amount of 1024x textures from what I recall) and Halo 4 looks to be building on that signficantly. While I may not agree on certain artistic choices they've made, from a technical point of view there's no fucking way 3 looks better than 4. Or that Reach looks better than 4. Heck, ODST was running on the same engine Halo 3 did and it looked better than Halo 3.

The only thing Halo 3 has over Reach and possibly 4 is a greater HDR range, and that greater HDR range resulted in Halo 3's native HD res being 640p.

Reach has much higher detail models and textures on everything (Reach is finally using a signficant amount of 1024x textures from what I recall) and Halo 4 looks to be building on that signficantly. While I may not agree on certain artistic choices they've made, from a technical point of view there's no fucking way 3 looks better than 4. Or that Reach looks better than 4. Heck, ODST was running on the same engine Halo 3 did and it looked better than Halo 3.

Halo 4 definitely has more detail than Reach, but I also has the color pallet a cleanliness of Halo 3, maybe NOT AS bright and plasticky, but I felt Halo 3 went a little overboard in that regard.

Stylistically (weapon designs, armor, etc) there is an argument to be made. Originally I wasn't a fan of the new BR design, Promethean designs and some of the new armor, but overall I'm starting really like it. In fact I despised the early MC armor shots, but now his new armor is my favorite next the Halo 3 ODST armor.

And yes, I like the new Covenant designs.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
How NOKYARD broke his hip

Dat scarab launch

I've gotten into watching some speed runs of old games on Twitch like SM64 and some Zeldas, but it never dawned on me to look up games that I've played and finished myself back in the days - just the things he pulls off in the beginning are things I've never even known existed - back then all I could remember were the grenade jumps, the bounces and sliding down corners of walls, wow.

Gonna go through this when I have the time.

Talents

Banned

The design is one of the reasons I don't like Reach, it just looks too cartoony, not like a Halo game.

Striker

Yesterday I got the Jackpot in Grifball, it is horrible, the whole gametype is shit, your killrange is dependant on who is host. And then even in this playlist, there are quitters and guys who only betray each others.

And some guys who only want to increase their K/D, this won't matter if they had Ranked and Social K/Ds like Halo 3.

Reach
Yeah, Grifball had none of that before. It was fantastic. I loved it.

Myyke

Neo Member
The design is one of the reasons I don't like Reach, it just looks too cartoony, not like a Halo game.

Reach looks cartoony? It has a much less vibrant, seemingly subdued colour range, and generally a darker style overall compared to Halo 3 or any previous Halo game.

Reach
They separate arena and competitive KD which is technically separating ranked and social I suppose.

who the hell else is in IL?

get out of my state! >:|

Reppin'

FyreWulff

Halo 4 definitely has more detail than Reach, but I also has the color pallet a cleanliness of Halo 3, maybe NOT AS bright and plasticky, but I felt Halo 3 went a little overboard in that regard.

Stylistically (weapon designs, armor, etc) there is an argument to be made. Originally I wasn't a fan of the new BR design, Promethean designs and some of the new armor, but overall I'm starting really like it. In fact I despised the early MC armor shots, but now his new armor is my favorite next the Halo 3 ODST armor.

And yes, I like the new Covenant designs.

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid the subjective part of it, but really, they'd have to go out of their way to make it look worse. Then again, there were people that tried to say Halo 3 looked like Halo 2.

4 looks better than Reach. Destiny will look better than 4. 5 will look better than Destiny. Destiny 2 will look better than 5, etc. It's just a matter of devs getting more familiar with the hardware and the engines as time goes on.

For the first time in history we'll have two games in roughly the same genre that are competing with each other, both running on a variant of the Halo engine.

Talents

Banned
Reach looks cartoony? It has a much less vibrant, seemingly subdued colour range, and generally a darker style overall compared to Halo 3 or any previous Halo game.

It's not the colours, it's the way everything is drawn, just seems too cartoony for my likings.

FyreWulff

It's not the colours, it's the way everything is drawn, just seems too cartoony for my likings.

cortana+Halo+1+2+and+3.jpg

Cortana literally looked like a model they left on Oni's cutting room floor in Halo 1. Not sure what you're seeing, but Halo started off fairly anime/cartoonish.

Talents

Banned
cortana+Halo+1+2+and+3.jpg

Cortana literally looked like a model they left on Oni's cutting room floor in Halo 1. Not sure what you're seeing, but Halo started off fairly anime/cartoonish.

I didn't really play the Halo campaigns, I still haven't got most of the H3 campaign achievements on my main account, I haven't even completed the game on Normal on my main...

For the first time in history we'll have two games in roughly the same genre that are competing with each other, both running on a variant of the Halo engine.

I know next to nothing about Destiny, but I'm as excited for it as I am Halo 4.

EDIT: BTW, Shatter OST is awesome.

lilty

It's a comic convention in Toronto. However there's going to be an EB Games booth there this year with a playable demo of Halo 4. It's the only reason I'm going, just like when I went in 2008 just because MLG was there.

It's a comic convention in Toronto. However there's going to be an EB Games booth there this year with a playable demo of Halo 4. It's the only reason I'm going, just like when I went in 2008 just because MLG was there.

Thanks, pretty awesome that its playable, I wonder if it will be a newer build?

m23

You would think they'd have a newer build close to 2 months to launch. Oh well, I'm sure they have their reasons, I'm just excited to actually play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom