• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the Darksiders 2 thread, which has framerate drops and screen tearing on consoles despite multiple devs saying otherwise...this is why Frankie/Ellis avoid answering any of the framerate questions
KuGsj.gif

Fuchsdh

Seeing the Darksiders 2 thread, which has framerate drops and screen tearing on consoles despite multiple devs saying otherwise...this is why Frankie/Ellis avoid answering any of the framerate questions
KuGsj.gif

Well, it's also a matter of there may not be any drops... until basically right before the game is locked. Performance could take a hit or get heavily optimized by the end of development.

Kuroyume

Banned
It's a Halo game on a console. It will have poor stable framerate or framerate drops... Or both. I wouldn't expect anything else. They don't have to answer anything as far as I'm concerned.

You would think they'd have a newer build close to 2 months to launch. Oh well, I'm sure they have their reasons, I'm just excited to actually play it.

It is my understanding that 343 have had newer build(s) since E3. I think even the E3 build when it was first shown wasn't the most current build, but it was the most stable and "public ready" build.

So until then, it's best to just stay mum and let KyleJ/Juices keep asking to no avail

I never noticed any framerate drops or screen tearing. Performance wise it felt better than Halo 3 or Reach. The only performance thing that stuck out were the checkpoint loads during SPOPS, the load wasn't completely smooth. I'm sure that is just a matter of working out the kinks.

GhaleonEB

Ghaleon, sorry bout voting for firefight arcade yesterday, totally hit the wrong button. lol

also, how come you don't you use a mic?

I didn't recognize your GT, sorry. I usually don't use it since the gaming den is outside the kids room, and I don't want to wake them, but I plug it in when playing with GAFers. I'm fine with Arcadefight much of the time, no biggie. (I hope I didn't quit, I got grouchy near the end of the day last night. :lol)

m23

It is my understanding that 343 have had a newer build(s) since E3. I think even the E3 build when it was first shown wasn't the most current build, but it was the most stable and "public ready" build.

Guess that makes sense...wouldn't want the game to break when you having rabid fans waiting in line for hours to play lol. That would cause some problems.

I didn't recognize your GT, sorry. I usually don't use it since the gaming den is outside the kids room, and I don't want to wake them, but I plug it in when playing with GAFers. I'm fine with Arcadefight much of the time, no biggie. (I hope I didn't quit, I got grouchy near the end of the day last night. :lol)

you did quit. and then closed the party, lol. so i was like, well ok, ill go play with Elzar.

Is anyone up for some Firefight or Firefight Doubles? I want to see how well the apartment connection fares, and I don't want to deal with the general dolt population of Xbox Live.

i would, but i got like a ten page paper to write =/ (and im not doing it yet, damn internet)

Karl2177

Is anyone up for some Firefight or Firefight Doubles? I want to see how well the apartment connection fares, and I don't want to deal with the general dolt population of Xbox Live.

Howdy

Neo Member
I fucking love Boston.

But I also live in CT and its terrible. The best part about CT is we're between NYC and Boston.

:(

No love for CT Tawpgun? I'll admit that we don't have awesome shit to see like Disney World, the Rockies, or have fantastic weather... but where would the world be without Wiffle Ball, PT Barnum, and the WWE? CT baby!

A former halogaffer tweeted me a couple links for you guys. He wanted to go unnamed but I bet he'd see a thank you if you used the background for your desktop.

http://simpledesktops.com/browse/desktops/2010/apr/28/call-me-masterchief/

also

http://f.cl.ly/items/3l2s2J2P3b1b2e46453p/amorlocke.png

I love these! You think this former HaloGAFer will care if I use the first image as my avatar?

I have a question for you guys, do you think it would better if Infinity Slayer and Team Slayer were in one playlist or in separate (like Team and Super Slayer)?

I know Frank said they are looking for a focussed set of playlists, wondering if keeping them in one playlist would be likely. If they were separate I can see Infinity being far more popular. (more toys etcc..)

Definitely a single playlist. Separate playlists for gametypes that only have one difference (personal ordnance or not) is a fragmentation mistake 101, not to mention that if they made them separate, everyone would play infinity.

This is probably the dumbest question in this thread..but can someone explain Waypoint to me?

it's a website similar to bungie.net or on the Xbox its an app. basically it shows your stats, tracks achievements, has halo news, the halo waypoint forums, also has announcements and videos. so its the main site for halo and 343.

kylej

Banned
This is probably the dumbest question in this thread..but can someone explain Waypoint to me?

If you're talking about the thing on your Xbox, that's something you use to view Halo trailers if you like to add a slow loading layer of asbtraction to your Halo media. Type gametrailers.com into your browser to save a ton of time.

Pollux

Halo hub or app for halo news and content. It also servers as 343i name on twitter and youtube.

This thing is pretty cool. Just watched the Forward Unto Dawn trailer...and it looks great for a web series!

edit: thanks for the responses

Definitely a single playlist. Separate playlists for gametypes that only have one difference (personal ordnance or not) is a fragmentation mistake 101, not to mention that if they made them separate, everyone would play infinity.

I've said it a million times, but my solution was this:
Option 1 - Infinity Team Slayer
Option 2 - Team Slayer
Option 3 - Classic Team Slayer (Barebones)

But in Ranked playlists, this would either be reversed or go 2-3-1.

Enfinit

it's a website similar to bungie.net or on the Xbox its an app. basically it shows your stats, tracks achievements, has halo news, the halo waypoint forums, also has announcements and videos. so its the main site for halo and 343.
This.
If you're talking about the thing on your Xbox, that's something you use to view Halo trailers if you like to add a slow loading layer of asbtraction to your Halo media. Type gametrailers.com into your browser to save a ton of time.

Not this.

Also, this sucks.

http://www.inquisitr.com/299698/renowned-video-game-artist-paul-steed-dies/

R2DH

Tawpgun

:(

No love for CT Tawpgun? I'll admit that we don't have awesome shit to see like Disney World, the Rockies, or have fantastic weather... but where would the world be without Wiffle Ball, PT Barnum, and the WWE? CT baby!

I love these! You think this former HaloGAFer will care if I use the first image as my avatar?
Can play Wiffle anywhere, don't care for circus, wrassle is dumb. There's just nothing to do here. I'd love to live in the Boston area or the west coast eventually. Maybe the NYC area.

I've said it a million times, but my solution was this:
Option 1 - Infinity Team Slayer
Option 2 - Team Slayer
Option 3 - Classic Team Slayer (Barebones)

But in Ranked playlists, this would either be reversed or go 2-3-1.

Classic DOA. Ranked lol.

If there is going to be a classic hopper, keep any classic gametypes in there. No reason to have them in the core playlists as they would be significantly different than the regular gametypes (limited or no custom loadouts).

GhaleonEB

you did quit. and then closed the party, lol. so i was like, well ok, ill go play with Elzar.

I didn't close the party. I have a Moderate NAT, that might have prevented you from joining. Hope your game was okay after I left. I generally don't feel bad quitting in Firefight since the game is still fun solo, but I hope it didn't wreak your game.

NOKYARD

I've gotten into watching some speed runs of old games on Twitch like SM64 and some Zeldas, but it never dawned on me to look up games that I've played and finished myself back in the days - just the things he pulls off in the beginning are things I've never even known existed - back then all I could remember were the grenade jumps, the bounces and sliding down corners of walls, wow.

Gonna go through this when I have the time.

We are starting to run Halo 3 Done Segmented if anyone is interested in participating.

So far we have completed Tsavo Highway. No one outside the HSH community has seen this yet but i thought i would share it here. This is a proof sample as we will be re-recording it in 1080i 5.1 using Cody Miller's high end video gear. Halo 3 has this weird visual glitch (feature) where the camera starts in first person and quickly moves to third person when restarting the game from a checkpoint. The transitions can be quite jarring so we are working to smooth them out in the final cut.

H3DS Tsavo Highway in 3:27

How NOKYARD broke his hip

Dat scarab launch
Thankfully, i use the Brute Rascalchopper in this run.

GhaleonEB

So, what's the easiest playlist to get 23 kills in one game in? I need three challenges for the weekly, and that Long Night of Solace one is brutal...

senador

Banned
Utah HaloGaf represent!

Representin'

I think its just you and me. heh

Maybe that's why my connections in Halo games are generally pretty good. I have decent internet and I'm right in the middle of the country and near some major internet backbone stuffs.

Howdy

Neo Member
Can play Wiffle anywhere, don't care for circus, wrassle is dumb. There's just nothing to do here. I'd love to live in the Boston area or the west coast eventually. Maybe the NYC area.

I wasn't really being serious man, that question was mostly sarcasm. After reading it back though, I can see how you'd think I was serious. Anyway, I've had plenty of friends move to other states for the reasons you mentioned.

We are starting to run Halo 3 Done Segmented if anyone is interested in participating.

So far we have completed Tsavo Highway.

Pretty slick driving with the Chopper NOKYARD, I never knew it could climb that ledge by the underpass. I'm confused by the giant shield door parts though... are you nading the button to open the doors at 2:07 and 3:39?

This sounds like the most fair way to try, though Rumble Pit gives me fits. I'll do a bit of Grifball first and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I'd suggest Multi Team. It's your team of 3 against 9 other players, most of which only go for the objective leaving you with easy kills :]

So far we have completed Tsavo Highway. No one outside the HSH community has seen this yet but i thought i would share it here. This is a proof sample as we will be re-recording it in 1080i 5.1 using Cody Miller's high end video gear. Halo 3 has this weird visual glitch (feature) where the camera starts in first person and quickly moves to third person when restarting the game from a checkpoint. The transitions can be quite jarring so we are working to smooth them out in the final cut.

H3DS Tsavo Highway in 3:27
Half, if not most, of the fun in speedruns is seeing how you guys get past certain encounters. Holy crap at that grenade toss at the end!

Incredible. That was a good run(s).

I noticed you tried to recreate the awesome AotCR.gif. Unfortunately it does not work out. YOU TOLD ME, 343i, THE GAME IS GOING TO BE THE SAME LIKE TEN YEARS AGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom