• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Speaking of which, what's everyone's favorite start menu out of the whole series?

In terms of usability, either 3 or Reach. Active Roster is impressively nice, but so was the ability to switch lobbies without being dragged back to the main menu. I'm also a fan of CEA being able to switch between the Classic and Anniversary graphics even in the menu. But CEA suffers from the UI being incredibly twitchy.

Vire

My favorites for start menu:

Best Design: Reach

Best Music: Halo 2

Hopefully Halo 4 lives up to tradition of good ones.

Karl2177

Enfinit, I'm gonna have to pass on Wars today. I have make a dash back home and pick up the remainder of my laundry. So I probably won't be on until 7-8 ish. Sorry man. :/

Ryaaan14

Banned
l9wky.gif

Hypertrooper
Partypooper
(Today, 06:01 PM)
Did you try to convince everyone that there is a new trailer out there? I am sorry to crash your plans.

I was re-watching the Rooster Teeth Expo Wrap Up and I noticed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMWP-sxmqNQ&t=1m40s

YKzwf.png

UnEmE.png

Possible start screen? Cortana is animated.
TheOddOne or some other junior pointed that already out. I like it. I hope it is not temporary. This whole thing could be an awesome Master Chief statue. Damn. I want it.

Yesterday I played through CEA with a friend(like I said yesterday) and I watched the Terminals again. There I noticed that they are using already the new UNSC Ship design in Keyes Terminal.
Oh crap. I am going to watch. The whole commentary stuff sounds like a lot of fun. If it is great, I hope they will do it again with Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Anniversary or 4.

Kuroyume

Banned
I like the menu in Reach the most because it looks good, the backgrounds change, and because I was getting tired of the blue color schemes that were in the first few games. Looks like 343 went back to it unfortunately. Maybe it won't be so tiresome to look at (at least in the near future) because Reach broke the cycle and gave it a rest for a while.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 3/Halo 3 Mythic has the best menu music, Halo CE/CEA has the best backround.
If i have to choose a favorite, i'll go with Halo 3, music is more important than the backround.

Reach. It changes too!

That is uber cool, and the backgrounds for Reach are amazing. It's too bad that once you unlock each new background based on your campaign progress there wasn't a menu option to pick from the ones you've unlocked. Dat New Alexandria one!

Also, big shout out to the menu music for Halo 2, so good.

I loved this map.. Shocked to see how many people actually didn't care for it on forums ;[

That Fusion Frenzy demo saw many hours from me lol - The bumper cars minigame and the spiral tower were my favorites.

i think the problem with high grounds were the shitty spawns and the br that couldnt shoot straight. was a good social map but hated getting it in ranked. 1 flag was pretty awesome on that map.

Woorloog

Banned
i think the problem with high grounds were the shitty spawns and the br that couldnt shoot straight. was a good social map but hated getting it in ranked. 1 flag was pretty awesome on that map.

High Grounds was pure one sided objective map, plain and simple.
One sided VIP, One Bomb, One Flag, heck even one sided Territories worked well on the map. As long as they had BR starts.
Also, had some issues with spawns (like the rest of Halo 3) and the laser was an overkill on the map, making the Ghosts somewhat pointless, along with the heavy machine gun.
IIRC, the original version had a Warthog, would have been nice to retain that... with some tweaks to weapon choices.

Regardless, one of my favorite maps in Halo 3.

DeadNames

Banned
Will we ever get to see what our secondary weapon from our HUD?

And does anyone else think Jeff Steitzer's announcements sound too rushed and cheesy? For instance the new killjoy announcement. Getting a killjoy in 3/Reach was so rewarding due to the sound of the announcement. Now it just sounds like anything else...

heckfu

Banned

And does anyone else think Jeff Steitzer's announcements sound too rushed and cheesy? For instance the new killjoy announcement. Getting a killjoy in 3/Reach was so rewarding due to the sound of the announcement. Now it just sounds like anything else...
Play better so they won't get on a killing spree and you don't have to worry about that one.

Fracas

#fuckonami

They're....okay. They definitely sound different, but I don't really know how I feel about them yet.

a-SASS-i-NA-tion!

nillapuddin

Lets unfortunately talk about something that makes me a sad

I always wear "chief" armor during MP

Specifically Mk V will always be my first choice

but then I saw this tweet awhile back...

nooooooo.jpg

This is unforgivable.

Not to blow it out of proportion, but the proportions could not be any larger.
This is such a huge negative for me, I really truly hope he was either misinformed or it wasnt finalized.

Do yall like using the Mk series helmets or do you more often stray and go with another series?

Disappearing rubble: ewww.
The rest: awwww yeah.

I noticed that happening in one of the SP screens also.

Maybe they turned it off temporarily to avoid revealing different weapons that they do intend to show yet.

Lets unfortunately talk about something that makes me a sad

I always wear "chief" armor during MP

Specifically Mk V will always be my first choice

but then I saw this tweet awhile back...

nooooooo.jpg

This is unforgivable.

Not to blow it out of proportion, but the proportions could not be any larger.
This is such a huge negative for me, I really truly hope he was either misinformed or it wasnt finalized.

Do yall like using the Mk series helmets or do you more often stray and go with another series?

Wait...wtf?

Are they serious? I mean I understand canonizing MP, but it shouldn't hold back things like this. Let the MP designs flow free, base em off cannon and non cannon designs.. Anyways MCs armor is not exclusive to him, so I really don't know why we couldn't wear it. I hope they have since reconsidered that..

Also, I would love to see concept MC designs make it into the game as MP armor:

sketch_057.jpg

How is getting a killjoy rewarding? Killing spree yes. But a Killjoy? Killjoy is one of these random medals, you ever can get in Halo. Except you paid attention to the small text etc. But who does that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom